Edmonton -- The Official Edmonton RPG Thread --

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, Dec 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I'm just setting the scene here... We won't start play til everyone's character is ready. In the meantime if your character is comepletly ready then you may 'introduce' yourself (see below)

[image=http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/bjspage/alderaan.jpg]

Peace Boulevard, Aldera City, Alderaan

Dimensions: 50m wide by several kilometers long

Peace Boulevard stretches from Aldera Spaceport to the University of Alderaan. It lies over the site of what was the first human colony on Alderaan. The time is late evening (around 20:00 Coruscant standard time) and the boulevard is mostly deserted. A few beings are milling about and it is fairly quiet. Several dark alleys branch off from the main boulevard. These alleys end in points as most Alderaanian buildings are circular in shape.

Suddenly, off in the distance blasterfire can be heard along with several savage shouts...

Who are you and why are you walking down peace boulevard this time of night? remember font protocols. Don't use yellow. From here on anything not having to do DIRECTLY with the game goes in the INFO THREAD... OOC (out of character) comments will be allowed once the game gets underway

(pls PM me if the picture above doesn't show up)
  2. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Okay, here is my character:

Name: Rytrian Tharhrn
    Race: 3/4 Human, 1/4 Chiss

Level 5 Soldier, Character Level 5

STR 13 (+1) Started at 12, added +1 at level 4
    DEX 18 (+4)
    CON 14 (+2)
    INT 14 (+2)
    WIS 12 (+1)
    CHA 10 (+0)

Vitality: 57 (12 base + 12,10,9,10,4)
    Wound: 14

Base Attack: +5
    Defence: 19
    Initiative: +4
    Speed: 10m

Fortitude: 4+2=6
    Reflex: 1+4=5
    Will 1+1=2

Melee Attack Bonus: 1+5= 6
    Ranged Attack Bonus: 4+5= 9

SKILLS

56 Skill points at level 5 (this includes ability mods and "human" bonus)

Demolitions (Int): +10 (8 Ranks + 2 Bonus)
    Repair (Int): +10 (8 Ranks + 2 Bonus)
    Computer Use (Int): +10 (8 Ranks + 2 Bonus)
    Astrogate (Int): +10 (8 Ranks + 2 Bonus)
    Treat Injury (Wis): +9 (8 Ranks + 1 Bonus)
    Pilot (Dex): +5 (1 Ranks + 4 Bonus)
    Knowledge (Int): Jedi Lore +3 (1 Ranks + 2 Bonus)
    Knowledge (Int): Tactics +4 (2 Ranks + 2 Bonus)
    Profession (Wis): Entertainer +3 (2 Ranks + 1 Bonus)
    Disable Device (Int): Cross Class +6 (4 Ranks + 2 Bonus)
    Move Silently (Dex): Cross Class +1 (1 Ranks + 0 Bonus)

Speak/Read/Write Basic
    Speak Huttese

FEATS

Gearhead (taken at Level 1)
    Exotic Weapons Proficiency: Lightsaber (taken at Level 1)
    Point Blank Shot (taken at Level 2)
    Multifire (taken at Level 3)
    Rapid Shot (taken at Level 3)
    Precise Shot (taken at Level 4)

Armor Proficiency (Light), Weapons Group (Blaster Pistols), Weapons Group (Blaster Rifles), Heavy Weapons, Simple Weapons, Vibro Weapons
    Rytrian Tharhrn isn't your typical human male. He appears mostly human, but has bright glowing red eyes and a very slight tinge of blue to his skin. He knows that he isn't 100% human, but has no idea what the alien part of him is, and hasn't been able to find out to this point in time.

He doesn't know who his parents are, or where he was born. The earliest memories of his childhood are of being taken care of by his "uncle" Bryant on a remote planet of the Republic.

Bryant had been a Jedi Knight until he became dissolusioned with the Jedi Order and renounced the Council, and, more importantly, renounced the Force itself, refusing to use it and let it guide his life. Rytrian knew very little of this, for his "uncle" didn't like to talk about it much {except when he had consumed too much snagga root wine}. These stories excited Rytrian, and made him long to be able to have adventures of his own. Upon Bryant's death, Rytrian was willed all of Bryant's belongings, including a journal and the former Jedi's lightsaber.

At this point Rytrian had decided that he would try and learn a bit about the Jedi Order and what the Force was all about, as well as learn how to weild Bryant's weapon. He knew that some worlds had made blasters illegal, but the weapon of a Jedi would never be outlawed ;), as the Jedi Order had been around for what seemed like forever. When it became apparent to him that he would never be able to use a lightsaber as well as an actual Jedi, Rytrian decided to pursue the life of a Soldier and learn how to use blasters of all kinds.

He managed to join up with a group of mercenaries, The Gunslingers, and acted as their "jack of all trades" type of assistant, learning valuable skills along the way. Their group didn't take on very dangerous missions, and he was quickly able to become a "full" member of the group, which further honed his skills.

He quickly became quite proficient at using blasters, as he seemed to have a natural ability and skill at firing them. He/>
  3. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
  4. Darth_Haggis Force Ghost

star 4
    Here we go...

Vika Zaan

24 year old male Togruta / 1.8m / 72kg

Class Lvl.5 / (Soldier Lvl.3 / Jedi Guardian Lvl.2)

Str = 16 (+3)
    Dex = 16 (+5)
    Con = 16 (+1)
    Int = 14 (+2)
    Wis = 14 (+4)
    Cha = 14 (+2)

Vitality = 55
    Vitality Die = 1d10
    Wounds = 16
    Defense = 21

Initiative = +5
    Speed = 10m
    Base Attack = +5
    Reputation = +3

Fortitude = +7
    Reflex = +8
    Will = +4

Melee = +8 (Lightsaber [3d8] / 19-20 Critical)
    Ranged = +10 (+8/+8 Blaster Rifle [3d8] / 19-20 Critical)
    (Shadowsuit +6 Max Dex. / 0 Damage Reduction / -1 Check penalty / +10 Hide/Move Silently)

Skills

48 skill points at Lvl.5 (All these include ranks as well as ablity mods and misc. modifiers)

Climb = +7
    Computer Use = +2
    Craft(Weapon) = +8
    Disable Device = +8
    Escape Artist = +7
    Hide = +19
    Move Silently = +17
    Repair = +8 (+10 for security systems)
    Treat Injury = +12

Force Skills

Force Stealth = +10
    Heal Self = +6

Feats

Armor Proficiency (light)
    Armor Proficiency (medium)
    Armor Proficiency (heavy)
    Exotic Weapon Proficiency - lightsaber
    Force-Sensitive
    Point Blank Shot
    Rapid Shot
    Quick Draw
    Weapon Group - simple weapons
    Weapon Group - blaster pistols
    Weapon Group - blaster rifles
    Weapon Group - heavy weapons
    Weapon Group - vibro weapons

Force Feats

Control

Languages

Basic (speak/read/write)
    Togruti (speak/read/write)

Background

Still working on it... :(
    Skilled as an infiltrator... Originally a Jedi, but also trained as an commando soldier...
  5. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Uh, I'm a little too tired to do the math right now (just got home from ROTK) but the max ranks (before modifiers) in any skill is your current level +3 so the max ranks you can put in is 8 in any one skill. Now that's before ability modifiers and equipment, etc.

I'll check on this again when I'm a bit more awake...

Otherwise, looks good Steve :)

6. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Isn't there something about Feats and cross class characters that limits your "bonus feats" or something like that?
  7. Darth_Haggis Force Ghost

star 4
    The joys of species bonuses and equipment enhancers... [face_blush]
    Awesome species too (it was either Togruta or Defel... :p :))

EDIT: Oh and my lightsaber should do 2d8 damage not 3d8. [face_blush]
    Trust me, the math works for the rest. I spent a long time double-checking it...
  8. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    could you please post the species bonuses for togruta Steve? I don't have the sourcebook :(

Also you defense should be 22 (10 + dex mod then you get +3 bonus for a lvl 2 Jedi Guardian and +4 for lvl 3 soldier)
  9. Darth_Haggis Force Ghost

star 4
    For my defence bonus, it should be 10+(Dex Mod [+5])+(Class Bonus). The Class bonus is +3 Soldier/+5 Jedi Guardian/-2 Multiclass = +6. 10+5+6=21

The species work out to:
    +2 Dex
    -2 Con
    +2 Wis

+2 Hide
    Read/Write/Speak Basic and Togruti
    Has echolocation senses. (DC13 for listen, when blinded)

Some of the other skill modifiers come from equipment.
  10. Tohrgan_Fex Jedi Knight

star 2
    Berx: I hope you don't mind me giving the characters a once-over with my practiced eye.

Steve: Is your Dex 16 or 20? I noticed that your stats and modifiers don't seem to make sense. The modifier for 16 is +3, the modifier for 14 is +2.

Oh, I see what happened. When you get an attribute modifier because of your class, it modifies the stat itself, not the modifier directly. A +2 Dex would make the 16 into an 18 (+4 modifier). -2 Con means your Con would be 14 (+2), not 16 (+1). Know what I mean?

Feats: you may want to look these over. I'm assuming that your first level was Jedi Guardian. Then you'd have all the Jedi Guardian starting feats and Soldier starting feats (there was an errata to the RCR that allowed this).
    They are:
    Armor Proficiency (light) (note: medium and heavy are no longer given to soldiers for free)
    Force-Sensitive
    Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber)
    Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, blaster rifles, heavy weapons, simple weapons, vibro weapons)

At Jedi Guardian level 2, you have to choose a bonus feat from the Jedi Guardian list: Acrobatic, Athletic, Attuned, Combat Reflexes, Mettle, Power Attack, Quickness, Toughness, Weapon Finesse

If you decided that you wanted the Armor Proficiency (medium, heavy) feats, you'd have to knock off one of the other ones you choose (between quick draw, point blank shot, and rapid shot). If you decide not to pay for the Armor Proficiency feats, you need to choose one more feat.

This is because you get 1 feat at level 1, 1 at level 3, a bonus feat at soldier level 2, and another bonus feat at soldier level 3 (this is in addition to the Jedi Guardian bonus feat).

You have the Original Core Rulebook, and not the Revised Core Rulebook, right? That would explain the differences.
  11. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I don't mind. I'm new to GM-ing and I appreciate the help... We ready to play yet?
  12. Darth_Haggis Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes. Original. :(
    Give me a little time to work out the bugs.
  13. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    No worries Steve. We won't be playing for awhile yet :( (see INFO thread)
  14. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Everyone please have your final stats posted by the 3rd of Jan. at the LATEST! If you have your final stats posted before then then we will start play :)
  15. myself_me Jedi Master

star 4
    So 'tis a online RPG now?
  16. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Always has been... at least this one
  17. myself_me Jedi Master

star 4
    I never played an RPG like this before, and I'd really like to join in on the fun, but might I ask, are there any rules up on the internet somewhere? Or would someone mind to explain the stats?

/MM [face_plain]
  18. fingthething Jedi Master

star 4
    Final Stats:

Venroth Sagorn

Male / Cerean / 6'0 / 195lbs

Jedi Guardian Lvl.5 / Class Lvl.5

Str = 13 +1
    Dex = 12 +1
    Con = 12 +1
    Int = 20 +5
    Wis = 12 +1
    Cha = 6 -2

Vitality = 42 (4 1d10's - 6, 10, 2, 9 + 11) Vitality Dice Roll = 1D10
    Wounds = 15 Defense = 17

Initiative = +3 (Cerean +2 bonus) Speed = 10M
    Base Attack = +5 Reputation = 3

Fortitude = +5
    Reflex = +5
    Will = +4

Melee = +6
    Ranged = +6

Skills

72 skill points at Lvl.5 (All these include ranks as well as ablity mods)

Computer Use = +13
    Craft(Droid Consturction) = +13
    Profession(Droid Programmer) = +9
    Climb = +9
    Repair = +9
    Knowledge(Droid history) = +13

Force Skills

Force Push = +13
    Move Object = +13

Feats

Weapon Prof - LightSaber
    Weapon Prof - Blaster Pistols
    Weapon Prof - Simple Weapons
    Force Sensitve
    Control
    Deflect Blasters
    Toughness
  19. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Thanks Danny. Now I just need a for sure from Steve and Troy (also I need you to post your final stats Steve - the ones you showed me) Then we can finally get this thing underway
  20. Tohrgan_Fex Jedi Knight

star 2
    Here you are:

Managos: Male Catharese Jedi Guardian 5; Init +5 (+5 Dex); Defense 20 (+5 class, +5 Dex); Spd 12 m; VP/WP 46/15; (BAB +5) Atk +10 melee (3d8/19-20 crit, lightsaber) or +5 melee (1d6, claws) or +10 ranged (3d6, blaster pistol); SQ Deflect (defense) +1, Deflect (attack) -4, Increase lightsaber damage (+1d8); SV Fort +6, Ref +9, Will +5, SZ M; FP 6; DSP 0; Rep +2; Str 10, Dex 20, Con 15, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 13.

Equipment: Lightsaber (green), Dark Brown Jedi robes

Skills: Pilot +13/8, Tumble +10/5

Force Skills: Battle Influence +7/6, Battlemind +7/5, Enhance Ability +6/4, Enhance Senses +6/4

Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Force-Sensitive, Starship Operation (space transports), Weapon Finesse (lightsaber), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, simple weapons)

Force Feats: Alter, Battle Meditation, Control, Sense
  21. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Thanks Troy. Now just waiting on word from Steve. He hasn't posted in awhile
  22. myself_me Jedi Master

star 4
    Berkley, please explain. (See, I even called you by name, first time ;) :D). I'll play realistically, it'll be fun!

EDIT: While we're at it- one more thing - HTH are you going to role the dice? :p
  23. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    No, I won't be rolling the dice. If you know how to play this game then you're welcome in. Just make a character and post the stats (as seen above) :)
  24. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah, unless you have the D20 Core Rulebook (or the revised one) or the "Invasion of Theed" set, there really isn't a way you can summarize it in text... it really needs to be explained in person.
  25. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Passerby: "Those blaster shots have been going off for awhile now... I wonder if anybody is going to do anything about it."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.