Edmonton -- The Official Edmonton RPG Thread --

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, Dec 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 23, 2002
    star 5
    That sounds like too much blasterfire for just one person to handle... I'll do something about it, but I'll need some help!
  2. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Jan 7, 2003
    star 6
    Coming around a corner you see a Human Female followed by several garishly dressed thugs of several species. At least half a dozen are chasing the woman but somehow their shots keep missing. She notices Rytrian on the boulevard and flashes a grin at him as she runs into an alley...

    Tag: Anyone

    ;) MTFBWY!!!
  3. Darth_Haggis Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Mar 21, 2002
    star 4
    Let's see if I have this right...

    Vika Zaan

    24 year old male Togruta / 1.8m / 72kg

    Class Lvl.5 / (Soldier Lvl.3 / Jedi Guardian Lvl.2)

    Str = 16 (+3)
    Dex = 18 (+4)
    Con = 14 (+2)
    Int = 14 (+2)
    Wis = 16 (+3)
    Cha = 14 (+2)

    Vitality = 60
    Vitality Die = 1d10
    Wounds = 14
    Defense = 20

    Initiative = +4
    Speed = 10m
    Base Attack = +5
    Reputation = +3
    Force Points = 6

    Fortitude = +8
    Reflex = +7
    Will = +5

    Melee = +8 (Lightsaber [2d8] / 19-20 Critical)
    Ranged = +9 (+7/+7 Blaster Rifle [3d8] / 19-20 Critical)
    (Shadowsuit +6 Max Dex. / 0 Damage Reduction / -1 Check penalty / +10 Hide/Move Silently)

    Skills

    48 skill points at Lvl.5 (All these include ranks as well as ablity mods and misc. modifiers)

    Climb = +7
    Computer Use = +2
    Craft(Weapon) = +8
    Disable Device = +8
    Escape Artist = +6
    Hide = +18
    Move Silently = +16
    Repair = +8 (+10 for security systems)
    Treat Injury = +11
    (listen check of DC13 when blinded)

    Force Skills

    Force Stealth = +10
    Heal Self = +6

    Feats

    Armor Proficiency (light)
    Exotic Weapon Proficiency - lightsaber
    Force-Sensitive
    Point Blank Shot
    Precise Shot
    Rapid Shot (-2/-2)
    Quick Draw (+1 attack)
    Weapon Group - simple weapons
    Weapon Group - blaster pistols
    Weapon Group - blaster rifles
    Weapon Group - heavy weapons
    Weapon Group - vibro weapons

    Force Feats

    Control

    Languages

    Basic (speak/read/write)
    Togruti (speak/read/write)
  4. Tohrgan_Fex Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Nov 27, 2002
    star 2
    Managos tries to relax and enjoy the peaceful setting of Alderaan. His master told him ealier that week that he needed to find the inner calm that is essential for following the Will of the Force. He is out strolling, enjoying the soft breeze, when blasterfire cuts through the air. Violence followed him even here!

    "I must not stand still while beings are in danger," he thinks to himself. "I must act!"

    The Cathar are known for their speed and agility. Managos is a fine example of both as he runs towards the sound of blasterfire, dodging whatever obstacle crosses his path. If he can, he wishes to help!
  5. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Jan 7, 2003
    star 6
    Danny, Steve, feel free to jump in anytime. This first adventure is little more than a warm-up.
  6. fingthething Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 6, 2001
    star 4
    Venroth stands to one side of the street tinkering with a small droid part of sorts. Hearing the blaster fire, he grabs for his lightsaber and heads to the source.

    "So much for a vacation"
  7. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Jan 7, 2003
    star 6
    [waiting for other players]
  8. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 23, 2002
    star 5
    Rytrian readies his Light Repeating Blaster Rifle (or his Heavy Blaster Pistol if we aren't allowed rifles on Alderaan) and moves to block the thugs' access to the alleyway.

    What's going on here?
  9. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Jan 7, 2003
    star 6
    The alley isn't very deep. As one of the Mercs turns to regard Rytrian the Woman pulls a cylindrical metal object from within her jacket and a meter-long blade of energy appears, silencing the mercs and immeadietly drawing all their attention.

    *snap-hiss*

    We're now in a combat situation. Tag: Anyone
  10. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 23, 2002
    star 5
    Rytrian immediately moves to behind cover (if there is any available) and takes aim at the Mercs. He then waits to see if the Mercs will continue to attack what now appears to be a Jedi, and to see what this surprising woman's next move is.

    "It's your call... what would you like me to do? I have that big guy covered... yeah you! Just give the word and I will burn him down..."
    Rytrian isn't normally a violent man, but seeing somebody attack a person holding a lightsaber brings feelings of anger to him, as he is naturally protective of Jedi, due to his "uncle" Bryant. And he has a soft spot for beautiful women... ;)/>
  11. Darth_Haggis Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Mar 21, 2002
    star 4
    Hearing blaster shots coming from one of the surrounding side street, followed by the distinctive sound of a lightsaber, Vika Zaan concludes her business with the street vendor and ducks for cover.
    "What in blazes...!"
    Curious and concerned, Vika Zaan proceeds (under cover) to where she can witness the situation and assess what help can be given.
  12. Tohrgan_Fex Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Nov 27, 2002
    star 2
    Managos comes to a skittering halt near the mounting tension that threatens to breaks into combat. He pulls his lightsaber hilt off of his belt but doesn't yet ignite it. He looks to the woman with her own lightsaber, probably defending herself.

    "I am a Jedi!" he yells. "There is no need for violence. Put down your blasters or we will have no choice but to return with force!" He clutches his hilt with his clawed hand, sure that his warning will go unheeded. The guilty thrill of the coming battle begins to fill him, but he tries to fight it back.

    EDIT: If the bad-guys look like they are going to fire on Managos, he ignites his lightsaber and uses Deflect (defense) and Deflect (attack). With Deflect (defense) active, he'll have a Defense of 21.
  13. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Jan 7, 2003
    star 6
  14. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Jan 7, 2003
    star 6
    Of the seven mercs three turn to engage Rytrian and Managos. They level their blasters at the newcomers and you hear one say to another (that appears to be their leader):

    "The boss didn't say nothin' about *two* fragging Jedi!"

    The leader replies: "Doesn't matter. Blast em all!"

    Before he has a chance to fire Three more mercenaries appear behind Rytrian and Managos at the mouth of the alley. They appear a bit tougher than the first lot, one of them is even sporting some fairly expensive-looking armor. Inside the alley, the mercenary leader smirks:

    "Looks like the odds are in our favor now. Blast them!

    All four of the mercenaries in the alley fire on the Jedi woman while three from the original group turn and fire on Rytrian and Managos as well as the ones at the mouth of the alley. The Jedi woman deflects the shots easily...

    Three mercs attack Rytrian... All shot miss cleanly

    Another three attack Managos... Their shots miss as well.

    Tag!

    [The mercenaries haven't yet noticed Vika and Venroth nearby...]
  15. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 23, 2002
    star 5
    I'm not sure as to where everybody is standing right now Berx... any way you could do a quick diagram in MS paint or something? I can upload it to the website (or you can if you have FTP, I can set you up with a password).
  16. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Jan 7, 2003
    star 6
    Terribly sorry [face_blush] I'll sketch a quick diagram
  17. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Jan 7, 2003
    star 6
    Sorry this took so long...

    [image=http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/bjspage/alley_adv1.jpg]
    [Click to enlarge. please pm me if it doesn't show up]

    Rytrian is the Chiss and Managos is the blue cat-type icon

    EDIT: Special thanks to Troy for sharing some tools :)
  18. fingthething Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 6, 2001
    star 4
    Venroth rounds the corner sensing the pressence of other Jedi, he fires up his violet Lightsaber. He now stands on D4 next to Rytrain.

  19. Darth_Haggis Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Mar 21, 2002
    star 4
    Appearing from up the street (into space Q4) Vika Zaan draws her blaster rifle an takes aim at the first Merc in her sights.

    Whispering to herself, "There is no chaos, there is peace..."
  20. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 23, 2002
    star 5
  21. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 23, 2002
    star 5
    Upon the mercs opening fire, Rytrian spins and faces the 3 mercs at the opening of the alleyway.

    "Okay, now that just isn't playing fair! Now you pay!"
  22. fingthething Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 6, 2001
    star 4
    So can we like attack and roll now? Well im going to.

    Venroth runs up to E3 and takes a slash at the merc beside him

    Roll - 15 + 5 = 20
  23. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Apr 23, 2002
    star 5
    Rytrian takes careful aim at the Merc in G10...
    Rytrian is going to be attacking the Merc in space G10 with his blaster, but I'm not sure if I am going to use Rapid Shot or Precise Shot or what; gotta take a look at the rules for my feats again when I get home.../>
  24. Tohrgan_Fex Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Nov 27, 2002
    star 2
    Managos'warning was not being heeded. He had lit his lightsaber when they started firing, but their aim was completely off.

    He moves in the direction of the new arrivals, hoping to deflect any bolts that come at him with his lightsaber.


    Managos loses his move action this round. He will take a 2m step to J5. He is using Deflect (he'll lose a Move Action next round) and Total Defense (taking up his Attack Action this round), so (because he has 5 ranks in Tumble) this makes his Defense 27.
  25. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Jan 7, 2003
    star 6
    Roll for damage Danny

    Map updated

    Steve is a devaronian for now (sensory appendages, horns... what's the difference? ;))
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.