main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton The Official Edmontooine ''Do you want to learn to play the Star Wars Role Playing Game?'' thread...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, Jan 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Well, we have picked up quite a few new members since we started playing the RPG all those months ago.

It struck me tonight that some of our newer members might want to learn how to play and possibly get involved in a game or two.

So, would there be any intrest at all from people to attend an "Information Session" to learn about the basics of the game, and decide if they might be interested in getting more involved?

We could start off with the basics of what the game is about and how things work, as well as learn the basics of character creation, and, if time permits, actually create some new practice characters.

Then, if people decide they are interested in doing more, we could set up a more "in-depth" session, with a quick game to test the practice characters (possibly the Invasion of Theed boxset) and a more detailed look at the game and all it's inticate workings.

Progressing from there, we could set up a new regular "live" game, or get you involved in the current "online" version of our game.

So, if you are interested in at least learning the basics of the RPG and seeing if it intrests you, please post here and we can organize a date where everybody would be available.

Indy

2. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Count me in to help the newbies ;)

3. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Sounds good, now all we need is some new players!!!

Indy

4. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
  5. myself_me

myself_me Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2003
    Liek me :)

6. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Sure, if you want to learn and your parents have no problem with you meeting us then we'd be more than happy to teach you how. :)

7. myself_me

myself_me Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2003
    Ouch, well I think I could, no problem, but where and when? Starbucks??? :)

8. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    BUMP!!!

With a new game possibly being started soon, this deserves a bump!!!

Also, keep in mind that you don't have to go into a gaming session cold, I would be more than willing to meet up a few times before the game really gets rolling so that you can at least learn the basics and get an idea of what type of character you want to create for the game.

9. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Not only that, but our first session is going to function as a tutorial. We'll have a few battle run-through's and character creation help. All you need to bring is yourself. I'll take care of everything and if you like the game you won't need to worry about anything besides dice (though it's a good idea to get the book)

10. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    In other words: don't feel overwhelmed and intimidated by the game and worry about whether you will be able to keep up with the veterans of the RPG (although I think only Troy counts as one of those)... we will get you well prepared so you won't be out of place... :)

Not to mention it is HELLA FUN!!!! ;)

11. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Come on folks, you KNOW you wanna play... ;)

If you are worried about costs, don't be... the most you will have to spend is probably around 8-10 bucks for dice, you don't NEED the books, they just are nice to have to browse through.

12. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    I might be interested

13. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    [Han Solo] That's one! [/Han Solo]

14. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    [stormtrooper]There's one! Set for Stun. [/stormtrooper]

You won't regret it ;)

15. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
  16. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    How would anyone who is interested in learning this like to get together at Starbucks someday next week for a quick tutorial? All you need to bring is some paper. I'll supply some quick characters and we can run through a battle once you have a grasp on the rules? I'm gonna need some help so anyone who has played and knows the rules is more than welcome to come as well. :)

So what day would work best? Next Tuesday or Thurs.?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.