main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton The ***Official*** Edmontooine Joke thread... come on in for a laugh!!!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, Apr 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Here's a couple:

Q: What is the definition of the perfect woman?
    A: A deaf and dumb blonde nymphomaniac whose father owns a bar.

How many psychiatrists does it take to change a light bulb?
    One, but it really has to want to change.

A young mother was having a consultation with a doctor. As they spoke, her Little Johnny could clearly be heard terrorizing the people in the waiting room - yet she made no attempt to restrain him.
    Soon they heard some clattering in an adjoining room, but still she did nothing. Finally, after an extra-loud crash, the woman casually told the doctor, "I hope you don't mind my Little Johnny playing in there."

"No, not at all," said the doctor calmly. "I'm sure he'll calm down as soon as he finds the poison."

Father: Son at your age, Winston Churchill used be up and out for his morning walk at 5 a.m..
    Son: Dad, at your age, he had become the Prime Minister of England.

2. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    So, the Pope, a Rabbi and a Minister walk into a bar... :p

3. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    One day, Jimmy Joe was walking down Main Street when he saw his buddy Bubba driving a brand new pickup. Bubba pulled up to him with a wide grin.
    "Bubba," said Jimmy Joe, "where'd you get that truck?"
    "Bobbi Sue gave it to me," Bubba replied.
    "She gave it to you? I knew she was kinda sweet on ya, but a new truck?" said his skeptical friend.
    "Well, Jimmy Joe, let me tell you what happened. We were driving out on County Road 6, in the middle of nowhere. Bobbi Sue pulled off the road, put the truck into 4-wheel drive, and headed into the woods. She parked the truck, got out, threw off all her clothes and said, 'Bubba, take whatever you want.' So, I took the truck!"
    "Bubba, you are one smart man!" said Jimmy Joe. "Them clothes woulda never fit you."

4. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    [face_laugh] gotta love hicks

5. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    A guy goes to a petshop and finds a parrot on sale for $10.00. Unable to believe his luck, he buys the parrot and takes him home.

Not long after, he discovers why the bird had been on sale. The parrot can speak but only strings of cuss words. The man tries talking nicely to the bird. He tries ignoring the bird. He tries yelling at the bird but to his dismay, nothing corrects the problem.

At his wits end one evening, the man tosses the bird in the freezer. He listens as the bird cusses and swears at the top of his little birdy lungs. And then....silence. The man, afraid that he had killed his new pet, quickly opens the freezer door. The parrot gently steps out of the freezer onto the mans shoulder and softly clears his throat before quietly asking....."Excuse me, Sir....but what did the chicken do?"

6. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    There was a farmer who grew watermelons. He was doing pretty well, but he was disturbed by some local kids who would sneak into his watermelon patch at night and eat his watermelons. After some careful thought, he came up with a clever idea that he thought would scare the kids away for sure.
    He made up a sign and posted it in the field. The next night, the kids showed up and they saw the sign which read, "Warning! One of the watermelons in this field has been injected with cyanide."
    The kids ran off, made up their own sign and posted it next to the farmer's sign. When the farmer returned, he surveyed the field. He noticed that no watermelons were missing, but the sign next to his read, "Now there are two!"

7. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    There was a problem in a junior high school with the girls writing messages on the mirrors with lipstick. It was really hard for the janitor to remove, and sometimes she had to resort to using razor blades to scrape it off the mirrors. The principal was able to narrow it down to a few specific girls, but no matter what he did, the girls wouldn't stop writing on the mirrors.

Finally the janitor had an idea. They waited until all the girls were in the washroom, and the janitor then went in, pretending to clean things up. The girls giggled at the janitor, knowing that as soon as she left, they would write more on the mirrors.

That is, until the janitor proceeded to take her mirror squeegee, dip it in the toilet bowl, and use that water to clean the mirrors.

The mirrors remained lipstick free from that day onwards.

8. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
  9. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I don't think even rain in January fazed us much :)

Life as an Albertan
    1. "Vacation" means going to Calgary for the weekend.
    2. You measure distance in hours.
    3. You often switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
    4. You know several people who have hit deer more than once.
    5. You use a down comforter in the summer.
    6. Your grandparents drive at 100 km/h through four meters of snow during a blizzard, without flinching.
    7. You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them.
    8. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
    9. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled. (That is sooooo Edmonton) (especially my front street :D )
    10. You know both seasons: Winter and construction.
    11. You are bundled up in three sweaters, a parka, ski pants, a touque, two pairs of mittens, boots past your knees in 3 feet of snow in a -35 (-8000 with the windchill) blizzard, your eyelashes are frozen together, your nose is running, you can't feel your toes, and you still stop at 7Eleven for a Slurpee on the way home.
    12. You actually understand these jokes and forward them to all your friends from Alberta

10. banana

banana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    How do you make a Kleenex dance?
    Put a little boogie in it :)

Banana :D

11. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    An unemployed man is desperate to support his family of a wife and
    three kids. He applies for a janitor's job at a large firm and easily passes an aptitude test.

The human resources manager tells him, "You will be hired at minimum
    wage of $5.15 an hour. Let me have your e-mail address so that we can get you in the loop. Our system will automatically e-mail you all the forms and advise you when to start and where to report on your first day."

Taken back, the man protests that he is poor and has neither a computer nor an e-mail address. To this the manager replies, "You must understand that to a company like ours that means that you virtually do not exist. Without an e-mail address you can hardly expect to be employed by a high-tech firm. Good day."

Stunned, the man leaves. Not knowing where to turn and having $10 in
    his wallet, he walks past a farmers' market and sees a stand selling 25 lb. crates of beautiful red tomatoes. He buys a crate, carries it to a busy
    corner and displays the tomatoes. In less than 2 hours he sells all the tomatoes and makes 100% profit. Repeating the process several times more that day, he ends up with almost $100 and arrives home that night with several bags of groceries for his family.

During the night he decides to repeat the tomato business the next day. By the end of the week he is getting up early every day and working into the night. He multiplies his profits quickly. Early in the second week he acquires a cart to transport several boxes of tomatoes at a time, but before a month is up he sells the cart to buy a broken-down pickup truck. At the end of a year he owns three old trucks. His two sons have left their neighborhood gangs to help him with the tomato business, his wife is buying the tomatoes, and his daughter is taking night courses at the community college so she can keep books for him. By the end of the second year he has a dozen very nice used trucks and employs fifteen previously unemployed people, all selling tomatoes. He continues to work hard.

Time passes and at the end of the fifth year he owns a fleet of nice
    trucks and a warehouse that his wife supervises, plus two tomato farms that the boys manage. The tomato company's payroll has put hundreds of homeless and jobless people to work. His daughter reports that the business grossed a million dollars. Planning for the future, he decides to buy some life insurance. Consulting with an insurance adviser, he picks an insurance plan to fit his new circumstances. Then the adviser asks him for his e-mail address in order to send the final documents electronically.

When the man replies that he doesn't have time to mess with a computer
    and has no e-mail address, the insurance man is stunned, "What, you don't have e-mail? No computer? No, Internet? Just think where you would be today if you'd had all of that five years ago!"

"Ha!" snorts the man. "If I'd had e-mail five years ago I would be
    sweeping floors at Microsoft and making $5.15 an hour."

12. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    The President''s Puzzle

Dick Cheney walks into the Oval Office and sees The President whooping and hollering.
    "What's the matter, Mr. President?" The Vice President inquired.

"Nothing at all, boss. I just done finished a jigsaw puzzle in record time!" The President beamed.

"How long did it take you?"

"Well, the box said '3 to 5 Years' but I did it in a month!"

13. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Four blondes went to the bar in their pick-up. Three sat up in the cab and one sat in the bed of the truck. The three blondes were in the bar for about an hour before the fourth finally came in, looking frustrated. They asked, 'What took you so long?' She responded, 'Well, I had trouble getting the tail gate open!'

14. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    The Wrong Way

As a senior citizen was driving down the freeway, his car phone rang.

Answering, he heard his wife's voice urgently warning him, "Herman, i just heard on the news that there is a car going the wrong way on Route 280! Please be careful!"

"It's not just ONE car," said Herman, "It's HUNDREDS of them!"

15. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    The Wealthy Lawyer

One afternoon a wealthy lawyer was riding in his limousine when he saw two men along the roadside eating grass. Disturbed, he ordered his driver to stop and he got out to investigate.

He asked one man, "Why are you eating grass?"

"We don't have any money for food," the poor man replied. "We have to eat grass."

"Well, then, you can come with me to my house and I'll feed you" the lawyer said.

"But sir. I have a wife and two children with me. They are over there, under that tree"

"Bring them along," the lawyer replied. Turning to the other poor man he stated, "You come with us also."

The second man, in a pitiful voice then said, "But sir, I also have a wife and SIX children with me!"

"Bring them all, as well," the lawyer answered.

They all entered the car, which was no easy task, even for a car as large as the limousine was.

Once underway, one of the poor fellows turned to the lawyer and said, "Sir, you are too kind. Thank you for taking all of us with you."

The lawyer replied, "Glad to do it. You'll really love my place; the grass is almost a foot high!"

16. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002

David Letterman's Top 10 Drawbacks to Working in a Cubicle

10. Being told to "think outside the box" when you're in a friggin' box all day long.

9. Not being able to check e-mail attachments without turning around to see who's behind you.

8. Cubicle walls do not offer much protection from any kind of gun fire.

7. That nagging feeling that if you press the right button, you'll get a piece of cheese.

6. Lack of roof rafters for the noose.

5. The walls are too close together for the hammock to work right.

4. 23 power cords - 1 outlet.

3. Prison cells are not only bigger, they also have beds.

2. The carpet has been there since 1976 and shows more signs of life than your co-workers.

And the number 1 drawback to working in a cubicle...

1.You can't walk out and slam the door when you quit.

17. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Funny, yet true... so also sad... ;)

18. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Dinner with the Girlfriend's Parents

A girl asks her boyfriend to come over Friday night and have
    dinner with her parents. Since this is such a big event, the
    girl announces to her boyfriend that after dinner, she would
    like to go out and make love for the first time.

Well, the boy is ecstatic, but he has never had sex before, so
    he takes a trip to the pharmacist to get some condoms. The
    pharmacist helps the boy for about an hour. He tells the boy
    everything there is to know about condoms and sex.

At the register, the pharmacist asks the boy how many condoms
    he'd like to buy, a 3-pack, 10-pack, or family pack. The boy
    insists on the family pack because he thinks he will be rather
    busy, it being his first time and all.

That night, the boy shows up at the girl's parents house and
    meets his girlfriend at the door. "Oh, I'm so excited for you to
    meet my parents, come on in!"

The boy goes inside and is taken to the dinner table where the
    girl's parents are seated. The boy quickly offers to say grace
    and bows his head.

A minute passes, and the boy is still deep in prayer, with his
    head down.

10 minutes pass, and still no movement from the boy.

Finally, after 20 minutes with his head down, the girlfriend
    leans over and whispers to the boyfriend, "I had no idea you
    were this religious."

The boy turns, and whispers back, "I had no idea your father was
    a pharmacist."

19. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
  20. banana

banana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    LOLOLOL

banana :D

21. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    A seven year old boy was at the centre of a courtroom drama this morning when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of the boy.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge awarded custody to his aunt. The boy confirmed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and refused to live there.

When the judge suggested that he live with his grandparents the boy cried out that they beat him more than anyone.

The judge dramatically allowed the boy to choose who should have custody of him.

Custody was granted to the Toronto Maple Leafs this morning as the boy firmly believes that they are not capable of beating anyone.

22. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    A priest, a rabbi and a minister walk into a bar, when the priest looks over to the other two he says "What is this some kind of joke?"

23. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Question? How do you tell the difference between Liberals, Conservatives and Albertans?

Answer: Pose the following question:

You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife, and charges. You are carrying a Glock 40, and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?

Liberal Answer:
    Well, that's not enough information to answer the question! Does the man look poor or oppressed? Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack? Could we run away? What does my wife think? What about the kids? Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand? What does the law say about this situation? Does the Glock have appropriate safety built into it? Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children? Is it possible
    he'd be happy with just killing me? Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me? If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me? Should I call 9-1-1? Why is this street so deserted? We need to raise taxes, have a paint and weed day and make this a happier, healthier street that would discourage such behavior.

This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with some friends for a few days and try to come to a consensus.

Conservative Answer:
    BANG!

Albertan's Answer:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
    click.... (sounds of reloading).
    BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click.
    Daughter: "Nice grouping, Daddy! Were those the Winchester Silver Tips?"

24. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Whats the difference between the Calgary Flames and a Bra?

A bra has two Cups :p

25. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    LMAO

Don't let anyone from the Calgary boards see that one. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.