main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The *Official* Eeth Koth Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Corpseslayer, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corpseslayer

Corpseslayer Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2009
    Well, as most of you know, his death was retconned in the cgi clone wars. What do you guys think happened to him in this battle?

Might as well make this the official thread, since I figure we'll have several threads on how Eeth managed to survive. G_M.

2. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Well here's a thought:

Maybe he fought.

Yeah.

And then he survived!

3. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    He probably hacked some droids with his lightsaber, deflected a bunch of blaster bolts, force-pushed some enemies... And made it home safe.

4. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Kowakian Monkey Lizard?

5. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    I like to think he hauled himself from his crashed gunship, fought through hordes of battle droids, infiltrated a Separatist ship - fighting the security crew along the way -, stole a ship and engaged in a huge dogfight before returning to Coruscant, only to walk into the temple and find the Council throwing a welcome party for his replacement, Agen Kolar.

Eeth: Guys! What the hell! I'm presumed dead for five minutes and you freakin' replace me?!

6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I'm with Humble_Jedi.

7. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    Who cares?! He is alive now and I doubt that there will ever be any media on what Eeth Koth did on Geonosis. If there will be, then I'd like to know who made it cuz that would have been good thinking on their part!

He probably...you know...just cut up some droids. Basic Clone War Jedi Hobby stuff. :D

8. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003

I wish that it would become illegal for anyone to take something only mentioned in one bloody sourcebook as set in stone.

9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Eeth Koth was one of several characters that crashed on Geonosis during the battle (and later reappeared). Sora Bulq and San Hill were two of them, both from the same source that offed Koth. IIRC, there were probably a few more as well, in other EU sources.

While I doubt the show will ever address it, all these post-battle survivors left behind on the planet would make a good story.

10. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Some of you (most of you) will probably laugh this off but I had an idea about the whole continuity of the Clone Wars show going against previously established continuity.

What if the entirety of the old Clone Wars continuity took place in an alternate universe where Eeth Koth died, and in the new universe established by the current Clone Wars show, Eeth Koth survived and played a major part in getting Anakin promoted to a Jedi Knight and getting him a Padawan earlier then in the old continuity, effectively changing the timeline.

I call it the Eeth Koth Effect :p

11. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    IG_2000, there's a reason why your thread was locked. This whole idea strays too far into fan-fiction territory.

12. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Strange discussion...but curiously on-topic. :p

My two cents: Having been caught in the crashing gunship, Master Koth somehow entered a transdimensional vortex, somehow sending them crashing into the source book responsible for killing him off. The resulting paradox caused the survival of San Hill, Sora Bulq, and now, Eeth Koth. The reason Master Koth was the latest to be found from the dead is because he was stuck in an anime dimension freeing it from a vicious tyrant.

Or, as others said...he sliced battle droids in half, fought his way to a landing zone, and barely made it out alive. :p

13. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Koonfan, I'll spare you only because you amuse me.

14. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Koonfan, I want some of whatever it is that you're smoking. :D

15. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Comedy: The next best thing to plot shields. That's what I've been smoking. [face_laugh]

But more to the point, I like that Eeth Koth has a lot of potential to add another different sort of Jedi to the mix.

Things have pretty much been divided between the Anakins (reckless, daring Jedi) and the Obi-Wans (wise, measured Jedi with a dry sense of humour), with (usually) a handful of traits to make them differ from their peers.

Eeth Koth (given a soft Indian accent and a certain grace and nobility in his voice) has the potential to sort of be even more of a 'straight man' to other Jedi. While it's only been one episode, I could certainly see him being the responsible council member who gets things back on track, or berating others for deviating from a plan. In fact, I think there's a certain resemblance to Mace Windu, in that they care for their men and their mission, but will readily turn stern and decisive if necessary.

There. Some contribution to the Eeth Koth discussion thread. :p

16. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    I don't know, I still think the monkey lizard did it, but perhaps he could have survived the same way Cut Laquane did except he didn't desert, he just made his way back to the Republic in an effort to screw up EU continuity.:p

On another note, I hope koonfan keeps smoking that plot shield stuff cus he comes up with some really hilarious material![face_laugh]

17. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    whereas I have a Life Debt to him.

18. JediBendu

JediBendu Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 1999
    I'm very glad we have Koth back, it means that we have at least one character who is fated to die. We know that Anakin, Mace, Padme, and Kenobi all live to ROTS so we know that they will never be in true danger. We know that Koth is not around in ROTS and has been replaced on the council through some kind of Zabrakian-affirmative action. That means every time we see him we can feel he's in more danger than other characters. Maybe it will be a chabnce for Grievous, Ventress or Dooku to win.

19. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    Yes, it's good to have well known Jedi on the show who we know way back from Episode I (Koth and Gallia) and not know their precise fates, meaning any time we see them, they could die.

To be honest, when I briefly saw Gallia duel Grievous, I somehow didn't feel she was that safe....that's the great thing about that. Characters like Ahsoka, well, we are pretty sure she will last till the end of the show, same with Cad Bane. This is why I hope they introduce other Jedi such as perhaps Oppo Rancisis (who dies before ROTS) and of course some of the new Jedi we see in the war room (Twi'lek, Roonon, Cosian, Weequay, etc)

20. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Eeth rocks. Where's my TCW Eeth icon?!

21. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    I posted several Eeth Koth icons on this page in the Icons thread.

It's not available for use yet, though.

The icons we make (we, as in: all the icon creators) can only be used when they're voted for. Thing is, not anyone can vote, only icon makers can.

22. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    actually, the reason why it was locked was because of the existence of this thread, and Garth Maul liked it and encouraged me to repost here.

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Psst -- Garth's just jealous because you thought of it first! [face_shhh]

24. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    Oh man, that's funny. I bet Kolar can't even use the force. He's just a poster-boy for Jediversity.

25. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    You may have a point. Look at his lightsaber duel with Sidious in ROTS! I think we're on to something.

What if they sent Koth after Sidious? Would the Republic still stand?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.