Edmonton The ***Official*** EPISODE III spoiler thread... Edmonton FanForce Spoiler Policy Inside...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, Apr 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Didn't see it. I'm so behind on stuff that it ain't funny.
  2. Darth_Haggis Force Ghost

star 4
    Going back to that power coupling theory... would there be a tie in with Luke's "power converters" at Toche Station?
  3. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Y'know it came to me a little late but one could surmise from the picture in the new insider on page 16 (the one on top with the holographic Ki-Adi Mundi) that Obi-Wan is now a member of the council. No major plot spoiler there, but he is seated in one of the council chairs and his bearing suggests that he belongs there. Pretty cool :cool:
  4. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Just a thought about what Indy was saying in regards to the cave. I am wondering if Yoda or Obi Wan kills a Sith there which has imprinted the area with the dark side.

5. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I noticed that too, that would be cool if he's on the council
  6. Darth_Haggis Force Ghost

star 4
    I seem to remember reading something on the official site that Obi-Wan is on the council...
    Set Diary: The Jedi Council Puzzle.

[Highlight to read spoiler exerpt]***Going counter-clockwise from the Jedi Council room entrance, we've got Plo Koon, Mace Windu, Yoda, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Agen Kolar, a new appointee, the Ongree Jedi Master, Saesee Tiin, Kit Fisto, and then... then... ***
  7. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    The new webdoc is up. It's not the most thrilling one so far but it's got some interesting stuff. It shows more quick cuts of The Duel. =P~
  8. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    have you read the description of the trailer, it sounds amazing, edit: here it is :D

a familiar voice over with Alec Guinness. Fans will love to hear him speak his monologue to Luke from A New Hope about "Jedi Knights always being the guardians of peace." As we hear these familiar phrases, they've intercut shots from various Star Wars episodes, excluding Episode 3. Only when the monologue ends with "Vader was seduced by the dark side of the Force" about 40 seconds into the trailer do we see the face of Anakin. He is partly covered with dark hood, looking positively evil.
    This is followed by the shot of erupting volcanoes, then some sort of volcanic field with crab-like creatures and then darkness, all accompanied by Vader breathing. Then the following is heard:

Sidious: "Lord Vader..."

Vader: "Yes?"

Sidious: "Rise."

Then we see Anakin in full Vader gear rising on some sort of operating table to which he is chained. The rising is slow and is intercut with shot of various Star Wars main characters. When the table has fully risen so that Vader is basically standing upright, the meatiest part of trailer begins, with many, many shots from Episode III. Most of them are very, very short - this will be something for freeze-frame fanatics to analyze.

The ones that stuck in my memory:

Dozens of Wookiees on some sort of floating platform.

Padme with signature Leia hairdo.

The Tri-Fighter, aka the precursor to the TIE fighter with three curving wings and guns mounted between each wing. They shoot red lasers.

The ARC Clonefigthter, aka the precursor to X-Wing, with three wings on each side.

A gigantic starship being sprayed by streams of something that looks like dense acid.

The trailer ends with the title "THE SAGA IS COMPLETE - MAY 2005" and ...

I'm really suprised they're showing Darth Vadar in the trailer, especially him getting off an operating table.
  9. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    They had another update on the trailer details... I kidna regret hearing about it. It's a lot sweeter when you don't know what to expect.
  10. Darth_Haggis Force Ghost

star 4
    There was a comment in the new PostNotes on the official site which hinted that (highlight)***2-1B might be a returning character in the film. Also, John Williams is supposed to start composing music next week.***
  11. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    sounds like there will be a short version of the trailer on access hollywood on nov 4 and on the 5th it will be playing with the incridibles but it won't necessarily be playing with it at every theatre, Do we get Access Hollywood?
  12. Darth_Haggis Force Ghost

star 4
    I think it's on A-Channel just before the news... (don't quote me on that though)
  13. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    No, it's not on A-channel anymore. They have a new show "Extra". I'm probably going to go see The Incredibles when it comes out. I don't mind since it looks like a funny show. I'd just like to know if the trailer is going to be playing before then or not...
  14. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Official Site says Hyperspace subscribers will get to see the teaser trailer a day before it's release in theaters!!! (before The Incredibles).

So that means we'll see it before all those supposed 'spoiler free' suckers :p
  15. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Access is on at 7:30 on CBS, should we make an event of the movie? I looks pretty good.

Edit; the site is going to be so slow that day, i can't wait to see it :D even though it will be very tiny.
  16. Darth_Haggis Force Ghost

star 4
    Tiny? 640x480 is double the resolution of your TV!
    Besides, we'll all see it on hyperspace anyways ;)
  17. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    i meant it would be tiny on hyperspace :p
  18. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Yeah, I hope they mirror the site or something... I wanna be their to watch it before someone spoils me.

Maybe I'll sign out of MSN so that doesn't happen :p
  19. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    new webdoc is out, its all about ewan/obi-wan. its really good, not much episode III viz in it though.
    on the star wars main page there is supposed to be an new pic of yoda holding his light saber and looking pissed off, but i can't see it.
  20. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Didn't see the Yoda pic but the webdoc was sweet. It's almost freaky how good Ewan is at pulling off Alec.
  21. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    yeah, it was cool him talking about going to see his uncle in a new hope.
  22. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    The new knollvision is pretty cool. General Grievous' personal starfighter seen from inside the cockpit. I wonder how that's going to turn out since Grievous is probably going to be digital...
  23. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    looks cool, i would have thought they'd make it digital since he is
  24. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Apparently it's only the cockpit interior and part of the fuselage. They gotta take it easy on the CG guys since they're sholdering a good portion of the movie already ;)

Did anyone read the new trailer descriptions? Apparently that volcanic world mentioned before is Mustafar (sp?). I wonder if that's where The Duel takes place... :D :cool:
  25. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    trailer is out tomorrow :D i keep thinking its only tuesday, who else thinks starwars.com is going to crash tomorrow :p i'm taping access hollywood tommorow night
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.