main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton The ***Official*** EPISODE III spoiler thread... Edmonton FanForce Spoiler Policy Inside...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, Apr 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    It should be out 11am our time from what info I've gathered. I can guarantee I'll be home then and logged into Hyperspace :)

2. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!

Okay, call me a spaz but I just saw a few seconds of footage from the trailer and it... looks... so... *******... SWEET! :cool: :D

Here's the link... just right-click on a mirror and 'Save Target As...'

It's from the promo for Access Hollywood for tomorrow. The footage is incredibly short and not the greatest quality but if you think about this is the first actual footage of RotS.

You have to edit out the entire word Rogue...

3. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    cool :D

palpatine looks weird

4. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Yeah those few seconds doesn't give you much to look at... I'm about to play it again slowly so I can see as much as possible. :D

5. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Okay, I definetly see a droid starfighter (it could be one of the new Jedi starfighers) and a battle taking place over coruscant. Anakin is weilding his blue saber at the beginning... I think in the battle shot there are some Star Destroyers or those Avenger-whatever troop carriers seen at the end of AotC.

Man, I am so FIRED UP! :D

6. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I am looking forward to it as well. There was an article last year in one of the British papers with a
    picture of a mangled up Anakin as well as shot of him
    on a table. Did any of you see it.

7. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    it is sooooo good, too much old video in it though, it looks so amazing though, neeed too go watch it some more.

8. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    You can tell some of the shots are not finals yet, for example Yoda with his lightsaber... it is a little too CG at the moment... Let's hope they are still working on that before the final release.

Sidious on the other hand.... :eek: wow! About time to see him with a lightsaber.

9. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    he's really creepy looking, anakins are are cool, he seems really evil in the whole trailer, the duel looks really good, wookies look cool except the wide shot of them all together reminds me of ewoks.

10. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Yeah, I noticed that about the wookies too. I think it's because they're standing behind some kind of breastwork that makes them look short.

These are just notes I've made about the trailer. They're not in any particular order:

Okay, here's what I've noticed so far. In one of the last shots of Yoda (this has been confirmed that he is confronting palpatine here) we see a little bit of rumpled red fabric in the bottom right corner. I think he's probably just killed or disabled one of the Royal Guards. This'll probably be the first time we get to see them fight.

There's definetly a battle over Coruscant. Jedi starfighters are involved as well as Trade Federation ships and some smaller-size star destroyer type ships.

In the wookie shot near the top of the background you can see the 'new' juggernaut tanks (this is actually a concept they've had lying around since ESB) that the clone troopers use. I can see some figures that might also be the legs of walkers or wookie structures. I wonder if the wookies managed to capture those from the clones because if not then they're about to get their backside run down. Also, in the shot with the wookies, the one leading the charge is Tarful.

The scene where artoo hides, he has his manipulator arm out and is holding something. I can't freeze-frame quick enough to see what it is.

The ship flying away from the volcanic planet at the end is new but definetly looks to be a Naboo design....

Seems The Duel might start in the briefing room seen on the knollvision. This is on Mustafar (also the volcanic world). This is the part where Anakin grabs Obi-Wan and seems to be trying to strangle him.

The shot of Mace Windu swinging his saber is definetly in palpatine's office.

The one quick shot with Chewie: The costume looks pretty much the same as in the OT. Glad they didn't change that.

LOL I like padme with the cinnamon buns :cool:

11. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    you didn't include descriptions of all three of padmes new never before seen costumes, two of which have cool headpieces :p

12. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Yes, of course. The headpices. How could I have forgotten! What's wrong with me! :p

I am looking forward to it as well. There was an article last year in one of the British papers with a
    picture of a mangled up Anakin as well as shot of him
    on a table. Did any of you see it.

Sorry, Mike. In all the excitement I didn't see this. No, I didn't catch that. Of course I wasn't as heavy into the spoilers then as I am now. ;)

13. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    was that the burnt to a crisp pic?

14. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    You'll notice, the final shots with Anakin and Obi-Wan, where Ben is falling backwards with Anakin's help onto the catwalk... between the two shots, Ben is holding two different lightsabers...

Also, it looks like R2 is holding a comlink or datachip or something. (It's flat and semicircular in shape)

15. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    It's Padme's EPT. "Twins?! Crap, can't let Ani see this!" [face_laugh]

16. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    OMG!

Did you guys see the Episode III video game trailer? It has the best seen ever in it, and I really hope its in the movie.

It shows Dooku fighting Anakin with palpatine in a chair watching, with the same camera angle as with Vader and Luke in ROTJ with there sabers clashed together with the emporer laughing. It looks sweet! I really, really hope this is in the movie :D

Heres the link for anyone who hasnt seen it yet, be warned, huge spoilers:

http://www.lucasarts.com/ep3/

17. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    WOW looks cool, is that him fighting mace as well?

18. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Yep.

But will it be that way in the movie? ;)

19. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I went to 3SA. I saw too much. I have fully embraced the Dark Side :( [face_devil]

20. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    i don't go there that much any more, i dont' want to know complette details, i still want most of it to be a suprise :)

21. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I couldn't help it. I don't want to know yet I want to know. If that makes sense.

New knollvision is out. It's a landing platform on what I'm guessing is going to be the planet Mustafar. Mostly green-screen so it doesn't give much away.

22. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    its supposed to be a hostile environment but would the droids be on mustafar? Mustafar is the volcano planet right? they used that same set to shoot a whole bunch of landing platforms.

23. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I'm gonna put my money on Mustafar. ;)

24. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    THE WOOKIES ARE BACK! THE WOOKIES ARE BACK! w00t!!! :cool: :D :cool: :D

New webdoc is out! It's all about the wookies. Wookies have always been my favorite SW alien.

"Peter Mayhew is Chewbacca." - George Lucas

"I haven't worn the costume in 14 years. I get in put it on *snap* Chewie's a character again." - Peter Mayhew :D :cool:

25. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    Great webdoc :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.