main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA The Official Episode III Spoilers Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rox , Jul 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    JUst what it say. Please keep all spoiler talk to this thread. Thanks.

2. JediJasen

JediJasen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 15, 2002
    4|\|4|<1|\| 83(0|\/|35 7|-|3 \/ad3r1!!1!!
    :D

3. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Okay, so you want to be spoiled???

Here goes-and this is a LONG post (follow the link).

Your going to need the following "Key" to know who said what.

Acronym Key:
    GL = George Lucas (Director)
    OS = Official Site (starwars.com)
    RM = Rick McCallum (Producer)
    NP = Natalie Portman (Actor)
    HC = Hayden Christensen (Actor)
    RB = Roger Barton (Film Editor)
    IM = Ian McDiarmid (Actor)
    C2 = Celebration II
    BB = Ben Burtt (Sound Editor)
    JEJ = James Earl Jones (Voice Actor)
    JK = John Knoll (Visual Effects/ILM)
    PE = Paul Ens (Official Site)
    GB = Gavin Bocquet (Production Designer)
    JE = Joel Edgerton (Actor)
    PM = Peter Mayhew (Actor)
    RC = Rob Coleman (Visual Effects/ILM Supervisor)
    BS = Bruce Spence (Actor)
    AD = Anthony Daniels (Actor)
    TB = Trisha Biggar (Costume Designer)
    SLJ = Samuel L. Jackson (Actor)
    PH = Pablo Hidalgo (Official Site, Webcam)
    RC = Ryan Church (Concept Artist)
    DG = Dan Gregoire (Pre-Visualization Effects Supervisor)
    DB = Don Bies (Droid Unit Supervisor)
    NG = Nick Gillard (Stunt Coordinator/Swordmaster)

Okay so just follow this link:
    http://www.grilled-sarlacc.com/ep3/jtf/jtf3.htm

4. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Repost from other thread:

If your a member of Hyperspace , go to the webcam and type in todays date (7/28/04) and the time of 10:26:40

You'll see a Wookiee on the cam. He's on there for 23 frames. I dont' believe it's Chewbacca though, as the banodlier is different and the hair seem a littls different in color, not to mention the "dreadlocks".

-Sal

5. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Okay so since someone wants to wield some power, I'm reposting the Grevious/Maul thing here.

Okay, the idea seems preposterous even to me, but there are clues that this could be the case. (Yes even though there is the old Sith rule of 2)

Dealing with the rule of two first, Palpatine or should I say Sidious, could just plain ignore the rule. Recall that this was a made up rule after a long ago war.

Now while it looks to be very clear that Maul perishes at the hands or should I say saber of Obi-wan, we never truly see the end of him. I can tell you from experience that it is possible however unlikely that someone could survive the type of injury Maul sustained. For one, the saber cauterizes the wound instantaneously. Maul having the force at his side could have used it to minimize the pain and live.

Palpatine makes it back to Naboo in relatively short order and unbeknownst to the Jedi could have found Maul and save him, using simliar techniques that could be how he saves Anakin. (Thus helping to complete the circle even more.)

Now we know that Grevious is mostly machine and this also explains Maul's present state. He would need to be. For one to sustain him from his injury and also to allow him to walk, since Obi-wan swept him off his feet..sorry couldn't help that one. Heh heh.
    Also notice the yellow eyes. Maul had them too. Albeit not with cat irises but this could have been something that occurred after whatever reconstructive surgery was performed on him. Or it could be that Grevious doesn't have catlike eyes and that's just how we've seen him so far.

Also, we know the bloodlust that Maul exhibits, well at this point he's had 13 more years to add to his training (10 after TPM and 3 after AOTC) and hattred of the Jedi.

The Trade federation is very familiar with him at this point, so no reason to blow the whistle on who he is.

Also, Dooku could be played for the Pawn this whole time by Palpatine (which in part I believe is the truth anyway, regardless of the Maul/Grevious thing). Again the notion that Palpatine disregards the rule of 2, to meet his own ends.

Since the darkside clouds everything, it is quite possible that Sidious is able to keep Maul's continued exhistence a secret, not just from the Jedi but Dooku in particular. The fact that he weilds mulitple sabers actually plays well into this as well. Maul is the first we see on screen to have a double bladed saber, so why not more than one or two.

Okay, I know that origianally you may have thought, is he out of his mind, maybe you still might thinnk that, but I'm sure my theory gave you reason to pause.

Does this mean I believe my own theory. No not quite, but I wouldn't put it past ol' George. We haven't had that "I am your father" kind of surprise yet, so this would certainly be a way of doing just that. (Not that he's Anakin's dad, I just mean that he's Grevious.

Och, and with the title now being revealed as Revenge of the Sith, what a way to do it!

Again, this is just a theory given to fanboy conjecture.

It's not based on anything seen or heard fro the "official" sources.

-Sal

6. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Okay, so I be a good little drone and won't post anything remote about EPIII, but that's going to get real boring real fast.

I wasn't ragging on anyone and there is nothing in the TOS that states there can't be different posts, about what some consider spoilers. Especially when it's regarding very specific topics.

I know. I just reread the TOS.

Just a bit peeved at having his 1st ammendment rights stomped on.
    -Sal

7. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Sal... I'm pretty sure the issue was more of an organizational one. You can post as many Ep III spoilers as you like, I suppose as long as they're all contained here for easy access it's all good. At the very least, it'll help keep the board tidy.

No worries,
    Yours Truly

P.S. Oops... just saw the convo b/w Sal and Valerie in the other thread. You can like... uh... ignore this. ;)

8. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    this is purely a though and not a spoiler, but since I have to be a good little Jedi, I'll post it here.

Do you suppose we'll see the whole Wookie pulling arms out of peoples sockets? According to Han from the Dejarik chess game scene, they've been known to do that.

Ooh, I'd really love to see that. okay this next part is a spoiler> We know that there are scenes on Kashyyyk. Yoda is the jedi General assigned there. It's said that that's were we'll see the turn of the clones from being with the Jedi to against them.

This gives us every opportunity to see Wookies, rip the arms off of clones. This is one scene that's going to be talked about alot before and well after the movie.

Gawd, there's so much action in this movie. Sometimes I'm busting at the seems with anticipation.

So, is anyone else really reading this thread or am I the only one who's interested in how the saga unfolds before the movie is released?

9. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    www.millenniumfalcon.com has tons of spoiler material, both for EPIII and the "new" or "improved" shots for the OT on DVD.

10. JediJasen

JediJasen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 15, 2002
    I'm pretty sure we'll see some arm ripping. In fact, it kinda needs to happen, eh?

And Sal, I saw that too. I was directed to a link that showed the new ending in RotJ. I couldn't believe my eyes. But hey, it's not bad. But it's not fake either. I was watching it over and over trying to find some kinda clue that it wasn't done by a pro, but damn, it's real.

11. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    And yet more to add to the specualtion that Grevious is Maul (I just saw this today! 8/4/4)

http://www.rebelscum.com/comics/SWvisionairies.jpg

12. Akar

Akar Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    Sal,
    I'm with you on this Maul/grevious thing. That may be part of the reason LFL is keeping his past hush-hush. The article in the Insider was very vague on his past. It would be perfect. Obi-wan would once again have to face him. It almost makes too much sense.

13. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    yes obi-wan having to face him and it turnsout that he is maul would be extreamly Ironic.

14. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Bump bump.

Use THIS if you intend to post spoilers.

Thanks,
    Yours Truly

15. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    WOW, the trailer was AWESOME!

I liked how they had old Obi-wan reflecting back to the past. The space battle!!!! Now this is Star Wars! Sidious fighting, Yoda Fighting, Mace Fighting!!! Did you get a look at the cool clone fighter? It's only in the trailer for about 2 seconds. It has 6 wings and is very reminiscent of the X-wing.

Oooh, how about Sidious face. Open mouthed and VERY evil looking!

WOOKIEES Galore! Although I didn't like when they showed that one who was standing with his arms rasied. It looked very fake. Still. Also if you pause and go frame by frame, you'll see what are a combination of the AT-TE body and AT-AT legs to make a new "walker"!

Don't know if Anakin's eyes will really be that color in the movie or if that was just the trailer, but wow if they are....eerie.

Was it me or when we hear Vader say, "Yes, my master," did it sound like a slight cross between James Earl Jones and a hint of Hayden? Go back and really listen to it. It does seem like that to me.

Anyway, WOW!
    -Sal

16. MetalliJedi

May 10, 2002
    What a awesome trailer!! I so can't wait for the full one!

17. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Episode III: Revenge of the Sith plot revelaed.

Okay this may not be totally true, but I've read the entire thing and it is in keeping with what we seen thus far and what I've heard on other sites. This could very well be fan boy conjecture but here's the link nonetheless for you to read and disseminate:

http://www.supershadow.com/starwars/episode3/revenge_of_the_sith/plot_script.html

This is about the biggest SPOILER you can imagine, so if you don't want to know about the movie or some of the finer points, DO NOT LINK TO THE ABOVE and especially READ THE PLOT.

Now, that you've read it, what do you think?
    If the movie follows that plot, this will be one most excellent movie.
    Enough things come full circle and tie in to the original trilogy that you just might feel it complete. I even *almost* shed a tear when I read Padme dies. I knew she did before I read it but it was made more "real" to me just then.

Powerful stuff in there. If this gets a PG rating, I'd be VERY surprised. At least a PG-13. You just know that Lucas is going to get some guff over the beheading of Dooku, with people linking that to the real-life beheadings in the war with Iraq. No use trying to explain that he had that planned and very well shot on film BEFORE that all occurred. Mark my words, he'll be ripped a new one in the press for that, if it turns out to be true.

Okay, while I already knew much of what I read before reading it, from various other sources, it's much more compelling now reading it all in one shot. This could very well change how you view the OT. Now I can really see why Lucas wants to go back and fix it yet some more.

-Sal

18. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Sal I won't believe most of what SuperShadow has on his site. It's either stuff that has already been said by other sites or just crap he made up.

19. MetalliJedi

May 10, 2002
    I read that a while ago. It is some poerful stuff! Overall if the movie turns out to be like that it's gonna blow people away.

20. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Terry, I understand that. I knew much off what was already said in that link. Still it's great conjecture if that's all it is. Good read.

21. RebelDawn

RebelDawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    I read that link.

I have a silly lil question. I knew Padme died.

But how, how, how can Leia tell Luke in ROTJ that she remembers their mother being sad and beautiful if Padme dies minutes after their birth?!?!?

22. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    The only answer is, "the force."

23. RebelDawn

RebelDawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    I knew that was gonna be the answer.

I just find it hard to swallow I guess. :confused:

24. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    The Force surrounds us and binds us... Luminous being are we, not this crude matter.

You must unlearn what you have learn.

Feel don't think.

You will know, when you are calm, at peace...

heh heh, sorry couldn't help getting all mythological
    -Sal

25. MetalliJedi

May 10, 2002
    The force: translation Lucas droped the ball again! That is just one of many loopholes that will have to be filled in I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.