main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA The Official Episode III Spoilers Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rox , Jul 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Here's a picture from an overseas website, that shows a foreign magazine cover. It features Chewie and General Tarrful!

Follow the link:
    http://www.oswfc.de/images/SW36.jpg

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Tarrful looks just awful! ;) Seriously though I can't wait to see all those wookies! Chewy will always be one of my all time faves.

3. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Okay so here's a point of conjecture:

Dooku in AotC says "the senate is controlled by a Sith Lord" to Obi-wan on Goenosis, while Obi is electro-shackled.

Obi-wan knows like the rest of the Republice that Palpatine is in charge of the Senate.

If there are only two Sith and Dooku is one of them, shouldn't the Jedi have been able to figure out that Palpatine was a Sith much earlier than RotS?

Even if Sidious were trying to hide his real identity, I doubt there would be to many people powerful enough to affect the whole of the galactic senate. So this should point squarely in the face of Palpatine. Also when he references the events of TPM, Palpatine was at the forefront of the action in the Senate and astonishingly enough becomes Chancellor.

Hmmm, looking back on things, there's several loopholes to fill.

Here's yet another loophole.
    Jango is the DNA donor of the Clones, but working for Dooku who he knows the identity of by at least the battle of Geonosis if not much earlier. At the BOG (Battle of Geonosis) the clones come to the Jedi's rescue. Wouldn't he feel betrayed by Dooku? The only guess I have to that is that he was in it for the money (subsequently Boba as well). Boba would have to be kept quite because he knows the truth at this point also, that the Clone Wars are a farce, set-up by powerful men. Why wasn't he (Boba) just killed then for convience of keeping the secret. Here's the possibility-he's the only clone that was not altered in anyway, making him the closest match to Jango. The Kaminoans would have need of him to make near perfect clones (this also helps to explain why Original Trilogy Stormtroopers are such bad shots). As DNA is used or in this case reused, it starts to breakdown and you don't get a perfect match. If they don't get Boba back then they have to rely on what's left and then start cloning clones from clones. Physically they look the same or close, but mentally they are not. Because of this gradual defeceincy in mental capacity, you get soldiers who while following orders, are horrible shots. Since they are relatively cheap to replace, the Empire doesn't bother with upgrading the host specimen, opting for a cheap option that will provide overwhelming numbers of soldiers.

Any thoughts?

4. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Uppity up up.

AKAR kindly repost your thread about Sidiouss, here. We are trying to keep any potential spoilers for EPIII in this thread only. (Not me, but admin making that call)

-Sal

5. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Here is a synopsis of the movie. HUGE SPOILERS!!!!

DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED!

Synopsis

According to the opening-text crawl that begins Episode 3, the Clone Wars continue to rage between the Old Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems (The Separatists). The opening-text crawl also reveals that the enemy Separatists have taken Supreme Chancellor Palpatine hostage. Next, we see an epic space battle (the largest space battle ever seen in a Star Wars film) taking place over Coruscant between the Republic military forces and the Separatist's military forces. General Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker and other Jedi Knights enter the battle with clone troopers in star ships.

Obi-Wan is now a Jedi Master and Anakin is a full-fledged Jedi Knight. During the battle, the Jedi use a new version of the Jedi star fighters, which have been augmented for battle. Obi-Wan and Anakin make it their primary objective to free Palpatine from the Separatists. Palpatine is being held prisoner in the flag ship of the Separatist armada. This just happens to be the biggest and most heavily fortified star ship in the Separatist's fleet.

After much excitement, Obi-Wan and Anakin pilot their ships inside the Separatist ship holding Palpatine. Soon after landing, General Grievous (the half-man and half-machine leader of the droid armies) comes after Obi-Wan and Anakin. The two Jedi manage to flee from Grievous and his battalion by using giant tubes. Obi-Wan and Anakin then proceed to an elevator and eventually run into Count Dooku. A tremendous light-saber duel erupts between Obi-Wan and Anakin vs. Dooku. Grievous enters the fight and manages to hurt Obi-Wan.

However, realizing that he might be captured or killed, Grievous leaves the Separatist flag ship as the ship gets pounded by laser fire from the Republic star ships. Next, Anakin duels with Dooku alone as Obi-Wan is sidelined with his injury. Palpatine watches this duel while being imprisoned in a chair. Palpatine also speaks during this dramatic duel. Anakin manages to slice off one or both of Dooku's arms. Anakin then pauses to give Dooku a chance to beg for his life. Next, Anakin uses two light sabers to cut off Dooku's head. Palpatine lets out an evil cackling laugh after watching Anakin destroy Dooku. To avoid destruction, Anakin races to the control area of the Separatists star ship so that he can safely land the heavily damaged ship. Anakin successfully lands the ship on the surface of Coruscant and emergency vessels arrive to quench the fire that is overtaking the ship.

Mas Amedda and Palpatine's royal guards arrive and take Palpatine to the Galactic Senate. As Palpatine disembarks the ship that carried him to the Senate, Palpatine is greeted by a group of Senators and Jedi Knights. Palpatine enters the Senate and Padme Amidala is waiting for Palpatine. Padme is wearing clothes that hide her pregnancy. Her marriage to Anakin remains a complete secret. Before the Senate, Palpatine announces that the Separatist leader (Count Dooku) is now dead and that the Separatists are in disarray. Palpatine advises that the Republic must strike against the Separatists while the Separatists are in chaos.

For Obi-Wan's next mission, the Jedi Council orders Obi-Wan to hunt down General Grievous. Anakin is upset that the Jedi Council does not adequately acknowledge the fact that Anakin destroyed Dooku all be himself. With great cleverness, Palpatine feels Anakin's great anger and uses this to Palaptine's benefit. Palpatine asks the Jedi Council to allow Anakin to be his bodyguard. Anakin is eager to serve Palpatine because Palpatine has long been a great supporter of Anakin's career.

Meanwhile, Bail Organa is seen at a meeting in Padme's residence. The focus of this meeting is to have Palpatine relinquish his emergency powers. Powers which Palpatine promised to relinquish at the end of the Clone Wars. In other parts of the galaxy, the Jedi and clone trooper forces continue to battle the Separatist military in various star systems. O

6. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    sounds pretty good to me!

7. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Click through to read about it.
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2005-01-09-palm-springs_x.htm

Here is the excerpt from the above link:

Star Wars alums Neeson and Jackson both offered hints that George Lucas has shot a top-secret cameo of Neeson as Qui-Gon Jinn's ghost, à la Alec Guinness, for May's Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. "I can't speak about it," Neeson joked. "Jedi code of ethics."

[End Copy/Paste]
    So I know one person in the group is going to be ecstatic about this. Hmmm, let's see how spoiler free she stays about this. Ha ha. My guess is she knows already or will read this post and find out.

I was just talking about Qui being a ghost in ROST, last night. All we've heard tol this point is that he would definitely be "heard". Nothing indicated that he would be seen, though fan rumors-a-plenty have abounded on the net for some time.

If this turns out true, I hope it at least gets explained, even if briefly.

Also, I'll be glad to see a blue ghostie return to SW. Just hasn't felt the same without one in the prequels.

-Sal

8. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Click the link:

http://www.sithclan.net/SC4/write_access/depot_images/news/rots/boba.jpg

The picture speaks for itself.

Hmmm. I wonder at what point we will see him in ROTS?

9. MetalliJedi

May 10, 2002
    very cool looking!

10. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Now here's something I've been waiting to get a better picture of. I give you the Venator class Star Destroyer!

[image=http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/venatorback_stars.gif]
    http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/venatorback_stars.gif

[image=http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/venatorfront_stars.gif]
    http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/venatorfront_stars.gif

-Sal

11. MetalliJedi

May 10, 2002
    Those are very cool looking! I so can't wait to see them in action!

12. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Go here if you want to know some of the specific scenes we will see in the movie. This is the checklist from the upcoming Topps card set, but you can easily glean from the titles of the cards what's going on.

Ohhh, I can't wait for ROTS!

This looks to blow away the other two prequels and even some of the originals.

Not much longer though...

-Sal

13. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Lucas gives himself a cameo in ROTS!
    Go here to read the article and see what he will look like. (Small pci but it's him!
    http://www.starwarz.com/tbone/movie_news/

I think it's cool. He should be in it afterall, even if just a cameo.

-Sal

14. MetalliJedi

May 10, 2002
    I found this pic on Natalie Portman.com
    http://www.natalieportman.com/picstemp/padmesad.jpg

15. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    This is a clip from ROTS, if you don't want to be spoiled in anyway don't click through, otherwise...enjoy (it's quick)

http://www.freewebs.com/darthy/ep3_anidookuobi.mov

Notice how Anakin is just twirling his saber and not stirking until the last frame of that clip. At normal speed you might not notice this. The twirling is more for dramatic affect. Course I had to watch it in slow motion...like any true geek should, ha ha.

-Sal

16. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Wanna see an oddly 9/11-ish pic of Coruscant?

Hit it!
    Scroll down for the pics. I wish that Alderaanian pic had come out earlier that would be a sweet costume for C3. Very retro sci-fi, I LOVE it!

17. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Hmmm good pics. Did you read all that other stuff on that page. Even if not true, it's nice conjecture.

I may know a bit of what's going to happen on screen, but I'm still VERY much excited about seeing it played out on the big screen.

18. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Nope, not more than a handful of words. I'm avoiding any plot descriptions as best I can. I just wanna see the not so important pics :)

19. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    LFL Logo, Fox logo etc.

A Theta-Class shuttle and three fighters fly by the camera towards Coruscant.

Coruscant, late afternoon, the Republic Executive Office appears for a brief moment.

Palpatine (close-up, speaking very slowly, deliberately, looking straight ahead, watching the ballet)

PALPATINE
    ...The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be... unnatural.

Anakin closeup (extremely focused on Palpatine's words)

ANAKIN
    Is this possible to learn those powers?"

Palpatine (close-up, matter-of-factly, facing Anakin)

PALPATINE
    Not from a Jedi.

A civilian shuttle turns over the Coruscant cityscape towards the Senate building.

Obi-Wan and Anakin are inside the Temple, walking down stairs.

OBI-WAN
    The Council wants you to report on all the Chancellors dealings.

Magna Guards stand with two battle droids.

ANAKIN
    That's treason.

Palpatine standing up from his chair in his private office.

OBI-WAN
    We are at war, Anakin.

The space battle and some explosion where clone-troopers die.

Anakin moves to take a seat in the Chancellor's private viewing box in Galaxies Opera. We see huge spheres of water levitating over stage with dancers inside them.

Mace (voice over, in a grim voice)

MACE
    ...Very dangerous putting them together...

Palpatine in his office, patting Anakin's shoulder.

MACE
    I don't think the boy can handle it...

Mace & Obi in the gunship over Coruscant.

MACE
    I don't trust him.

Tri droids blazing guns, Republic fighter exploding, debris flying by.

Palpatine in his office (concerned).

PALPATINE
    I need your help, son.

Palpatine walks away from Anakin:

PALPATINE
    I'm appointing you to be my personal representative on the Jedi Council.

Anakin standing in the middle of the Jedi Council room. We see him from behind. Ki-Adi-Mundi and Plo-Koon appear holographic with other Jedi Masters present.

MACE
    You're on this Council, but we do not grant you the rank of Master.

Kenobi looks away from Anakin's reaction.

ANAKIN (close-up, shocked)
    What?

In Padme's apartment - Bedroom.

ANAKIN ( to Padme, bitterly)
    Obi-Wan and the Council don't trust me.

Huge gun with clone crew, large explosion aboard ship.

Palpatine (V.O)
    Learn to know the dark side of the Force...

Anakin grim and focused, listening; then with Padme, at night on the balcony.

PALPATINE in his office (forcefully)
    ... And you'll achieve power greater than any Jedi.

Anakin briefly fighting Dooku and then the posse entering private office.

Music stops.

The Jedi ignite lightsabers.

MACE
    You're under arrest, Chancellor.

Palpatine in his chair carefully controlling his anger.

PALPATINE
    Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?"

Close up: lightsaber hilt snaps to Palpatine's hand with audible click.

From now on, 10 drum beats and no other sound - one for each short (second or two) scene

- Posse enter, but this time Sidious jumps in its direction from behind (over) the camera, we only see his back; then Mace in defensive pose;

- ship (Grievous' fighter) flying away from a planet;

- Obi-Wan in huge control room on Utapau, totally surrounded by battle droids, MagnaGuards and Grievous;

- capital ships fighting in close quarters, one of them falling down smoking heavily;

- Bail shouting in his speeder, with blaster shots flying by;

- Obi-Wan's fighter flying over Utapau;

- Anakin hanging in the elevator (turbolift) shaft;

- camera flying down to Mustafar surface;

- Grievous vs. Obi-Wan duel; we see Grievous from behind only; his fighter and some rocks in the background.

- one-tracked vehicle (tank) speeding on and closing to the camera; Wookiees jump off it, one of them straight on the camera.

Longshot: pillar of smoke over Jedi Temple.

Music returns.

Emperor's voice from the Original Trilogy.

SIDIOUS
    Every single Jedi is now an enemy of the Republic...

During this line, brief scenes are show

20. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    It's been confirmed:

QUI-GON WILL BE IN ROTS

GC will be so happy.

I know I will.

-Sal

21. MetalliJedi

May 10, 2002
    very cool

22. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    War! The Republic is crumbling under
    attacks by the Seperatists leader, Count Dooku.
    There are heroes on both sides. Evil is everywhere.

In a stunning move, the fiendish droid leader,
    General Grievous, has swept into the Republic
    capital and kidnapped Chancellor Palpatine, leader
    of the Galactic Senate.

As the Seperatist Droid Army attempts to flee
    the besieged Captial with their valuable hostage,
    two Jedi Knights lead a desperate mission
    to rescue the captive Chancellor....

I got this from a friend who has a zip of the graphic novel of the movie.

-Sal

23. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Here's a link to the complete (as far as I can tell) ROTS Visual Dictionary:

http://www.thai-toku.com/cgi-bin/Y1Gold/tcsyabb/index.pl?board=general&action=display&num=1111840170

VERY Cool!

24. MetalliJedi

May 10, 2002
  25. edog37

edog37 Jedi Master

Mar 20, 2005
    Okay,
    I'm going to repost this Vader thread I started elsewhere for discussion...

I think we all know by now that there will be limited time for bionic Vader in Ep 3. However, a friend of a friend had this unique perspective on things. We'll be seeing a lot of Anakin doing Dark Side stuff throughout the movie, so one has to think that the transformation over to just Vader is merely a procedural matter. In other words, Vader will make his presense felt a lot in the movie even though the suit is not formally on yet. Being a huge Vader fan myself, I am looking forward to seeing this transformation portion in the movie more than anything. We definitely saw whiney Anakin in Ep 2, now it is time to see the Anakin/Vader character who was able to make such lines as "I find your lack of faith disturbing" instant classics....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.