main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Official EUC Grey Jedi Fan Club - Unknown, unseen and unsung

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Kev-Mas_Colcha, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Oh wow, there is some great stuff in there. Love his style.

The one thing that has been exciting me about a Grey revival is the opportunity for a spiritual journey, this may be the first time I have felt this way about the possibility of playing a character, I have a lot of good and bad in my life and there is a lot of internal stuff going on for me that I want to bring to this. It seems like a great opportunity to explore myself in a way that I have never done before, a Grey Jedi character may be one of the most personal roleplaying experiences I ever engage in.

2. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Same for me as well. I'm also going through some personal rediscovery in my life and applying the Grey philosophy to my actual life has brought me a lot of peace and enlightenment. The whole "balance yourself before attempting to balance everything else or you will only cause an imbalance" thing has really helped me out as far as decision making goes.

Mitth_Fisto and Mikaboshi like this.
  3. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    *Wanders into the sparring hall that was hewn out rock from the mountainside that abutted the temple.*

The hall had a natural wind tunnel that was given by the nearby ocean front. During major storms, the wind tunnel would receive speeds that could lift a small freighter.

He wondered to himself the different sorts of training the Grey Jedi performed here; he could feel the force beckon to him and suddenly, a blast of air whisked at him. The gale stayed strong, but didn't overpower him. He could sense the force as much as the salt in the air around him. Loud and violent whispers cutting past the stone caused him to be slightly disoriented.

Before long he was leaning heavily into the gust, it's energy breaking over him. Amidst the turmoil, he could feel the quitness of the Force. It was striking and unlike anything he had felt before.

He concentrated and stretched out his hand. Peace calmed him and the Force surged through him; his body relaxed as he began to embrace the blasts. He couldn't see the wind, but he could feel it changing direction as his body adjusted out of a lean and into a square stance. He slowly realized, he was controlling the blasts and redirecting them. He hesitated in confusion - and the gale picked up where it left off, sending the Jedi tumbling backward.

And just as sudden as the wind tunnel erupted, it dissipated. Quiet filled the air as he stood to his feet.

4. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    A tall man entered the sparring hall, his long jet black hair and cape billowing in the remnants of the wind gust that just passed as he entered.

"Do not hesitate," he said to the other man inside the sparring hall, his voice projecting off of the walls with only the slightest whisper, "You must be at peace within yourself if you are to weather the storm around you."

"The wind tunnel that occurs inside this hall provides a great many lessons to be learned about inner balance," he continued as he looked forwards to the man, his crimson cybernetic eyes flashing as they registered his surroundings "The very foundation of the way of the Grey Jedi. Before you can attempt to balance the world around you, you must find balance within yourself."

The man walked slowly over to face the other force user, as the wind gust again came into the hall.

Calmly, he reached out his hand as the wind attempted to knock the two force users loose and with a slight wave, the gust of wind rushed out in the direction that it came.

"Threats to the balance of the Force are much like the wind gusts that come through this hall. They are a constant presence, and you must be at peace with yourself in order to calm them. That is why we train here, and not in some enclosed space within the confines of the temple."

5. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    The Jedi rose from the ground, dusting the sand from his robes. As he stood, he sensed another presence nearby. He turned to see a figure standing just inside the hall entrance. He wore dark raiment and had black hair that was slightly moved by the dying winds.

Before you can attempt to balance the world around you, you must find balance within yourself.

The Jedi remained silent, unsure of who was speaking and what ciscustance he found himself in. The Order wasn't fully aware of his motives, not that he had anything to hide. Discretion was his ally, and the uncertainty of the situation was enough to keep him quiet.

Like a creeping predator, the wind picked up again, howling and causing the Jedi to brace himself. He kept his hand close to his lightsaber, still unsure of the dark figure who stood close by.
    Without a word, the stranger reached out his grasp with the force and caused the winds to re-direct back out of the tunnel, just as he had done moments before. He then proceeded to explain the nature of the training hall they stood in. Seeing his use of the Force revealed to the Jedi that this man did indeed wield power, more importantly - he knew of the Grey Jedi.

"Who are you? Where are the others?" keeping his hand near his weapon, the Jedi called to the dark figure.

6. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    The tall figure examined the Jedi as he reacted. The Jedi appeared to be startled and alarmed and had his hand placed near the weapon on his belt. Kev-Mas reached out to him with the Force in response, sending a soothing aura towards him as a means to dissolve any hostilities before they happened.

"I am Kev-Mas Colcha, Grey Jedi," he began, focusing his gaze on the Jedi before him. His gaze was intimidating to say the least, as if his red glowing eyes were crimson daggers hurtling straight towards him.

"I do know where the others are, but before I divulge such information I have a question for you: Who are you?"

DarthIshyZ, Mikaboshi and greyjedi125 like this.
  7. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    The Jedi could sense the dark figure trying to disarm his guard through ripples in the force. He felt them, but suppressed them and kept his head on a swivel.

I am Kev-Mas Colcha, Grey Jedi. He began...

He had been on the planet 2 standard weeks and despite finding the temple, his investigation turned up almost nothing. His newfound paradigm shift of allegiance to the Force first and to the Jedi second placed him between a rock and hard place. It was something reminisce of the history lessons he learned of great Jedi like Qui-Gon Jinn and Jolee Bindo. Except now instead of seeing them as puzzling figures who dispbeyed the Council, he saw them as great Force users of conviction and power.

He was on the brink of discovery, and once you learn something - regardless of impact - you cannot unlearn it. The secrets of the Grey - revealed? But at what cost?

He studied the surly-looking face of the man, or machine, before him.

I do know where the others are, but before I divulge such information I have a question for you: Who are you? His voice carried slowly across the mild breeze that still steadily flowed through the sparring hall.

I am a Jedi, he paused. My name is my own. He had difficulty reading the man's complex face as he spoke, but he continued.
    My position towards your order is neutral, and you have information I need.

Night was falling, a chill in the air blanketed his lips as he finished his response.

8. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    I'm not getting alerts for this thread. Very strange. Hmmm.

*begins to read what has been missed.

The Vanguard and Mikaboshi like this.
  9. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    ~Sits crouched within a nook, high above, watching and waiting~

The Vanguard likes this.
  10. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    "My position towards your order is neutral, and you have information I need."
    "You tell me things that I already know, Jedi," replied Kev-Mas, "I already knew that you were a Jedi before you even noticed I was here. Your distinct presence in the Force gave it away."

Kev-Mas looked towards the horizon, watching as the the sun began set over the forested mountains of Cophrigin V.

"I also already knew your position towards my order," he continued, "I know full well that you maintain a neutral position as I did not detect any intentions of harm from you. You kept your hand near your weapon out of fear and uncertainty, not ill will. My subtle mind probe was done as a means to calm your nerves, not to disarm you... You might be familiar with the technique, as it's commonly used with Jedi Healers to calm patients experiencing mental trauma."

Kev-Mas sighed, "I do sense that you are not here on business pertaining to the Jedi, but rather your own curiosity, which is good. However, if I am to indulge this curiosity and provide you with the information, you must first provide me with something I do not already know."
    He then turned his gaze back at the Jedi who stood before him, analyzing him carefully.

"Your name please. I gave you mine, and it is only fair that you return the favor."

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  11. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    We are nearly there. Your feedback is appreciated.

Presenting:

The Grey Way

You have felt the silent call and heeded it. Your journey has led you to something new, yet old; known, but unknown. The Grey Way.
    This place can be reached by those who are lead to find it, those who listen to the Force. Located on the Eastern reaches, just beyond current galactic civilization, lies Decameron Alpha, home of The Grey.

The Unknown Regions have long represented the edge of the true darkness of the Galaxy. Over millennia the edges have been driven back, revealing Mandalorians, Hutts and Sith, but more than fifteen percent of the main Galaxy has yet to be tamed. Into that void there are not only the Unknown Terrors, but Force users that have withdrawn into hiding over the years.

The Great Jedi Purge saw not just Jedi withdraw into these depths to hide from the Inquisitors, but rival darksiders too. With the light side methods invalidated by their hidebound arrogance, and the dark side monopolised by the Sith and their agents, the opportunity for new thinking occurred. A new way was born within the Unknown, in the gap between knowledge and dragons, between light and dark...

... But of course the Empire reached out here, too, over time. The Empire of the Hand under Grand Admiral Thrawn has abided in these uncharted territories and expanded slowly, warring against the Terrors and making alliances with the lesser species here. Following the Battle of Endor, these territories have swollen with reinforcements, throwing the balance in the region astray.

But the Empire of the Hand is between two regimes. The past of Imperialism, and the future of Order, and the Grey Way are about to clash and mingle in a way which will cast a pall upon the future...

... And usher in a new world order!

Rules

1. All characters will be from Canon, in that they will be based on the current Disney continuity. There is room for Legends references, but on the basis that the Galactic Civil War in the Known Galaxy has ended at the Battle of Jakku and the Galactic Concordance is the name for the peace treaty that exists. Warlords such as Iceheart and Zsinj remain, but their relevance to the story will be minimal. The game is set in 5 ABY, just after the treaty ends the main war.

2. Do not God Mode.

3. Submit a Character Sheet to the GM(s) by PM before you post it - the GMs will be greyjedi125 and Sinrebirth.

4. This is a formal associate thread of the Grey Jedi Fan Club in the Expanded Universe Community, and membership of the Club is not a requirement of the game itself.

5. This will be a free-form game. You are welcome to GM yourself and others, but please have your proposal passed over to the GM for approval. The GM will also run their own plots for those among you to join.

Character Sheet

Name:
    Homeworld:
    Brief Description of Appearance:
    Weapons:
    Personal effects:
    Personal ship: (Nothing larger than a freighter is allowed)
    Short Bio:

Each bio is required to end with the character having just arrived on Decameron Alpha, or having been there for some time, either with the intent of being a member or about to join the Grey Way.

12. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Just a personal gripe, but 5 ABY would mean that it'd be difficult for me to find a means for my character to fit in cause at the time he's training with another order on Zonama Sekot that is spun off of the Potentium Heretics. However it could work if the game starts later on in the year and my character isn't acquainted with the order on Decameron Alpha, or if that world is just a central world for a larger Grey Jedi presence, with the Grey Jedi on Zonama Sekot being allied with them - which could possibly work as both worlds are in the unknown regions and Zonama Sekot can be wherever it needs to be at any time.

Otherwise to fit my character into this game I'd have to rewrite my fan fic a bit, which by the way, book 2 just started not too long ago.

13. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002

5 ABY is the year selected for story purposes and other overarching reasons already set in place. You could very well create a new character to join, since 'this' particular Grey story is centered around the Order itself, rather than revolve around any single character or individual.

You raise some good points regarding other grey orders, *nods*. I'll discuss that with Sinre and see what's feasible.

Thanks again for the quick feedback, and as always, I wish you the best with your fanfic.

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  14. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Well since it is free form, I could also just RP him as being outside of the main order discussed initially, and then having a run-in with them later on. So it'd just be a whole lot of exposition initially before he actually interacts with other players.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm thinking it'll actually be late 5 ABY. 10 months in(?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Wouldn't it just be better to create an original character to play within the game parameters? It would seem far easier than expecting the GMs to create a completely unconnected story line for one character to run off and do his own thing, besides, I think the point of the game and reset for the order was to be free of constraints from earlier orders and timelines so that we can create something completely original.

Besides, who knows how long IG time would be before any meeting would happen.

17. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    If it's 10 months in then I'll have no problem fitting Kev-Mas into it. The GrS date for the first chapter of latest fan fic novel is 40:4:20, which is 4 months in. 6 months is a lot longer than the period of time I plan on the fic taking, so I'll definitely be able to fit him in as well as be able to have an end goal for how it'll wrap up, making it easier to write.

This works out perfectly, actually.

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Strictly speaking its 22 months after Endor.

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  19. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    That'd actually be 7 months into 5 ABY then. Endor took place 3 months into 4 ABY (39:3 after the Great ReSynchronization). It's still manageable though and won't pose any problems for me being able to play as the character I had planned.

Edit: the Battle of Yavin also took place 3 months into 35 years GrS, so you were right. lol

Sinrebirth likes this.
  20. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Kev-Mas_Colcha and Mikaboshi like this.
  21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I was going to say before I saw your edit.

Untagged spoilers will be smashed, btw.

*sticks out tongue*

That includes VD stuff, for now. If we're gonna go from the trailers, it's a curious thought.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  22. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    We didn't see enough insight into their belief system and philosophy to really determine where they stood as far as I'm concerned.

It would be interesting if they expanded more upon them later though, because I have a feeling that they could end up being grey and maybe even be what Bendu (character from Star Wars Rebels) is a part of. They did say season 3 would have some connections to Rogue One so maybe that's one of them.

Sent from my Alcatel_4060O using Tapatalk

23. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    My studies have led me to come upon this...

[​IMG]

I have no context to who these people were and what planet they are from, one can assume it is from a comic but I have no other source info.

Anyone know?

The Vanguard likes this.
  24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    If the text box was readable it might provide some clues.

Looks vaguely like Han's Hoth outfit, on the guy in the middle.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    *awaits New Years day*