main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Official EUC Grey Jedi Fan Club - Unknown, unseen and unsung

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Kev-Mas_Colcha, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    That being said houses in New Zealand were designed to be picked up and put on the back of a lorry. Fairly fun to watch your neighbour move away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    The perfect house for the indecisive person

Sent from my Alcatel_4060O using Tapatalk

Sinrebirth and DarthIshyZ like this.
  3. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    i've moved so many times in my life that... i want the next time to be the last. but there does have to be one more, sadly. >_<

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  4. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Whelp, ( as the whippersnappers say )- it's up. *( for better or what may come ) Have at thee gentlemen. You have my humble apologies for that ridunkulous wait time. *bows*

5. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Yesss! It's finally begun!

greyjedi125 likes this.
  6. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Wow!!! Two prompt responses!! I think the pace is being set already!! Hehehe. * ( Gooooood, good) :emperor:

Just FYI, we have acquired an OOC thread as well. :-B

Mikaboshi and Kev-Mas_Colcha like this.
  7. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    I saw the OOC thread, as tapatalk notified me of it :p

greyjedi125 likes this.
  8. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    For a second there, I thought you were clairvoyant. :p

Great first post, btw!! [face_coffee]

Mikaboshi and Kev-Mas_Colcha like this.
  9. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Well... that too :p

And thank you!

greyjedi125 likes this.
  10. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Apologies for the double post, but I wrote up a neat little primer on the Grey Code and I couldn't wait to share it until someone else posted here.

Grey Code Explained

There is no zealotry, there is moderation

An important trait of a Grey Jedi is moderation. This refers to how a Grey Jedi must be both patient and tolerant.

The Grey Jedi are a secluded sort, choosing to study the Force in solitude rather than interfere with the Galaxy at large. When they do choose to act, they will have done so after careful analysis of the situation, to decide whether the balance of the Force is at stake and it is the will of the Force for them to intervene. It obviously takes a lot of patience to do this effectively. Utmost patience must be exercised when waiting for a sign or any indication that the Force wills them to intervene, and often they will be waiting for a sign until whatever event that is going on resolves itself without their intervention. Many Grey Jedi live to an exceptionally old age, using force techniques to extend their lifespan simply because they are still waiting until the time in which the galaxy needs them and many other Grey Jedi will bear children whom they pass down their teachings to for the same purpose.

Additionally, the Grey Jedi are incredibly open minded and tolerant of other ways of life than their own, commonly incorporating bits and pieces of other traditions into their own where they see that they will fit. They are constantly improving their own philosophy upon learning from others. Many Grey Jedi will take a “pilgrimage” of sorts after completing their training under a mentor, and live a life as a common galactic citizen to further humble themselves. This time is also the ideal time to discover possible candidates to train as their apprentice, as they may find unknowingly force sensitive individuals in their time amongst common folk. This is beneficial in another way as well, as it helps bring new members into the order and keeps the traditions of the Grey Jedi alive for the next generations to come.

There is no pride, there is humility

Possibly the most important part of the Grey Jedi philosophy is humility. To maintain balance and keep themselves from falling victim to a lust for power like Dark Jedi and Sith or becoming zealous and intolerant like the Jedi, a Grey Jedi must center themselves with humility. They must acknowledge that while they have special powers that sets them apart from the rest of the Galaxy, those powers would not have been refined if not for the guidance of the ones who taught them in the ways of the Force. Furthermore, they must realize that the will of the Force is not their own, that their own wants and desires may very well not be the destiny the Force has in mind for them, and they must not let them interfere either.

There is no hate, there is love

Unlike the Jedi, who view love as dangerous territory that leads to forming attachments and falling to the Dark Side to protect them, a Grey Jedi views it as the ultimate defense against the root of all imbalance – hate. Where hate exists, moderation and humility cannot while zealotry and pride flourish. However, the one thing that can counteract hate is love. When you show love to those who act out of hate it plants the seeds of moderation and humility and paves the way for redemption, and helps them restore their inner balance. It reduces them to a hollow shell and allows for them to turn themselves around down a new path.

The most famous example of love being used to lead to redemption was when Darth Vader sacrificed his life to save his son, Luke Skywalker from certain death at the hands of the Emperor. He very well may not have done this had Luke not shown mercy to him after defeating him in their previous duel, creating a bond between father and son.

Also, ultimately it is love that is the final goal in mind for all decisions a Grey Jedi makes. A Grey Jedi loves the Force and they will do their best to make sure that it will not be harmed in any way.

There is no good or evil, nor light or dark; There is the Force

A Grey Jedi views the Force as a whole. They do not create distinctions between light and dark and they see only different manifestations of the Force determined by its use. They simply believe that there is just the Force, plain and simple, and that the “light side” or the “dark side” are merely manifestations of Force use, rather than the Force itself. Simply put, a Grey Jedi believes that the Force is inherently neutral, and is only perceived to be either “light” or “dark” because it was manipulated by a Force user in a certain manner.

11. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Isn't that for trainees to do? ;)

12. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Well.... it doesn't hurt to have an original created by the guy who wrote the code :p Gives the trainees something to work with and learn from.

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well I finally managed to get an RP post up, so that's a thing.

14. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    I apologize in advance for posting here although I am not a member, but I just couldn't resist.

I just imagined this would be Vader's reaction if he read this:

[​IMG]

15. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Apology accepted Anakin.Skywalker

I imagine that as a Jedi and as a Sith, he might have had the same reaction, but as a Force Ghost, he would know the truth of it. Luckily, not all have to wait until death to be enlightened to this revelation. ;)

EDIT: You are welcome to post and comment to your heart's content in the Grey Jedi Fan Club thread in the EUC.

[face_peace]

16. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    You a Kiwi Sinre??

Mikaboshi and Sinrebirth like this.
  17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm a minor Kiwi. My family emigrated there and we came back. I had already met my girlfriend in the UK before I left, so I went back.

18. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Guess that makes us siblings by land then.
    My dad lives on the north island, along with the rest of the family. Ma and I came back to the states when I was little. I would love to go back though.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  19. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Discussion topic: Does anyone here follow Grey Jedi philosophy in real life? What things do you apply it to, and what benefits does it have?

Personally, I do. I struggle with a lot of mental issues, mainly anxiety, and the overall concept of maintaining neutrality to anything that isn't overly important and investing my time into issues I foresee paying off the most over time has done a lot for my personal well being. Essentially, it has helped me maintain an inner calm and balance, allowing me to focus more of my time into the things I enjoy (like you guys ;) ). Additionally, keeping my mind open to new ideas and knowledge, another key tenet of the Grey Jedi has proven to bring me a lot of enjoyable life experiences that I would not have been privy to otherwise.

20. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    So you're Force Sensitive in RL? :eek: :p

21. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Sadly no, so my application of the Grey Jedi lifestyle to my personal life is purely philosophical.

I do like to pretend though, and role playing helps a lot in that department.

22. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    To better answer the question being discussed, I'd say Grey Jedi Philosophy borrows from many already existing philosophies in RL, which go by other names. So in an essence, yes, some of us already practice this ( or at least in part )- or are attracted by its ideals, clearly, which is why we are gathered here. So in essence, I would venture to answer yes, but add that we might refer to it by something vastly different.

23. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Well then I guess that brings up another discussion topic in and of itself?

What existing real life philosophies do you see Grey Jedi philosophy in? One that I can think of is taoism, but I know there are many others. Which ones, and why?

Mikaboshi likes this.
  24. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    You first. :p

You said Taoism. Please describe how or why. :-B

Mikaboshi likes this.
  25. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Well taoism, more or less because of the overall part about how two seemingly opposite or contrary forces may actually be complementary, interconnected and interdependent in the natural world, and how they may give rise to each other as they interrelate to one another. Different dualities such as light and dark, fire and water, expanding and contracting are thought of as physical manifestations of the duality symbolized by yin and yang, which plays a large part in taoist philosophy. This parallels to how the grey jedi see the "lightside" and "darkside" as merely just different physical manifestations of the Force, which inherently is neutral and instead focuses on the balance between the two.

Much like how the sun sets and rises during times of the day, giving way to darkness in it's absence, the Force also goes through these different periods of duality. However, there is never a time where one force completely overshadows another and this continuous state of change, as sure as time itself is what defines balance, not the state of equilibrium between two forces. Consequently, imbalance is not a state of inequality between two forces but rather an interference that throws this constant state of change off kilter, much like what happens to a clock if something gets caught in it's gears and it stops ticking.

Quite simply, it relates to the philosophy of the Grey Jedi because both are beliefs centered upon the observation of natural order between two opposing, yet complementary forces and gives no preference to one force or another.

Mitth_Fisto, Mikaboshi and DarthIshyZ like this.