main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Official EUC Grey Jedi Fan Club - Unknown, unseen and unsung

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Kev-Mas_Colcha, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm on Vanguard's end of things. Perhaps the Order should evolve to allow for both, insofar as much as it allows for light and dark inclinations, maybe even Imperial or otherwise. 'Make your own' philosophy should be at the heart of what we do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    We sound like the Jedi version of Libertarians. :p

3. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Make your own philosophy and know what you believe. In other words, be strong in your convictions; explore deeper.
    I can't help but think of the old crab that was Jolee Bindo. He didn't have all the answers but he knew the Force intimately.

If one is drawn to the Grey it's because they know there is more to the Force than is being let on..

4. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I am thinking that maybe some more order and structure should be in order, but blending in some of the original flavor I had created this thread with. What we could do is headquarter the Grey Jedi on a certain planet that is one that is fairly out of the way and beyond that have the base be hidden away on that planet.

One idea would be to have our base be deep inside a mountain on Zonama Sekot. We have used Zonama Sekot for a home planet with a similarly styled base in a previous version of the Grey Jedi fan club here in the EUC so it might be a little redundant... however there is good reason for using this planet. Zonama Sekot is in most parts of canon located far away from the rest of the galaxy in the unknown regions, and it's origin system (which is where it was located up until the Yuuzhan Vong War) is located in a hidden region at the far spinward and galactic north side of the gardaji rift and surrounded by great dust clouds. It was essentially hidden to everybody except those who knew it's location.

Furthermore, Sekot, the intelligent essence of the world accepted the Potentium Philosophy after its awakening, when it was colonized by some of the outcast Potentium Heretics under Zonama Sekot's first magister, Leor Hal. The Potentium philosophy is very close in line with the beliefs we have for the Grey Jedi, and it's possible to explain that in our own little canon that the Potentium philosophy eventually evolved into what we believe here and our order originated with the Potentium Heretics. This would however limit the options for a timeline that an RPG could take place in, as the Potentium Heretics didn't colonize Zonama Sekot until 89 BBY.

Additionally... this could give us the opporunity to both be nomadic and have a headquarters at the same time, as Zonama Sekot can make hyperspace jumps.

That's just my take on what we could do to work in more of a formal structure. We are a full democracy here so other suggestions as well as tweaks to mine are definitely welcome.

An alternate idea might be to have no base planet, and instead be headquartered on a ship, sorta like the concept behind Chu'unthor.

[​IMG]

Also, it seems that I missed some members from the roster check.

Kev-Mas_Colcha
    Mitth_Fisto
    Sinrebirth
    Mikaboshi
    greyjedi125
    The Vanguard
    Force_Prophet
    Snokers

Do we have anyone else?

Kato Sai likes this.
  5. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    I think we may be at the point where much of this has been roughed out already, both for the EUC and RPF side of things based on my understanding.

Cophrigin V was what we went with, based on having next to no galactic involvement other than it being the final home and resting place of The Dark Woman, An'ya Kuro.

Also it is beautiful and almost 100% undeveloped wild planet, with no real population.

Gives us a isolated place. Kuro had built an extensive meditation garden that can be our version of the Jedi and Sith temples. Actually kind of makes us more like Druids and Rangers (at least in my mind) than fanatical priest/warrior cults (which is basically what Sith and Jedi are).

This location allows complete freedom to create whatever it is we create, there is next nothing steering is in any direction and we are really as independent and isolated as any group could ever hope for.

Oh, and Force_Prophet = Mikaboshi, but Snokers is not me...as far as know.

There was reason to believe that I was also Moonspun Dragon, but those rumors didn't pan out.

I ramble, my apologies.

Sent from Parts Unknown

6. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    Mikaboshi you mean to tell me you're not one of my alternate personalities?... [face_hypnotized]

Moonspun Dragon and Mikaboshi like this.
  7. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
  8. Force_Prophet

Force_Prophet Jedi Master star 3

Apr 9, 2003
    Nah, can't be. I know the difference between you me and me me, he doesn't feel like he me.

9. Darth_Dastardly

Darth_Dastardly Jedi Master star 1

Sep 20, 2003
  10. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    Alright, the jig is up! I am Moonspun Dragon and we are the Living Force.

11. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    [face_laugh]

12. Moonspun Dragon

Moonspun Dragon Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2011

"I am out there. Always watching, in the shadows. If you are by yourself and feel a presence... I am there looking over your shoulder."

:p

13. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002

If it has indeed been fleshed out as such, that still works just fine.

The Dark Woman believed heavily in humility as well, so that works well in that aspect as well.

14. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    She is really cool, at least what I can find on her, would love to read up on what ever comic book she was in. She always seemed so different than the others, not just darker, but independent and willing to walk a different path than the rest of the Jedi.

She also had a really cool looking lightsaber. :cool:

15. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Though the only differences from her and the other Jedi were just that she used some abilities that were rare (but still perfectly acceptable for a Jedi to use) and that she was a little brutal in her training techniques. She could fit as a Grey Jedi despite the fact that by the Jedi Order's definition of Grey Jedi (which is of course different than ours, but I digress) she was not (she never left the order or operated outside of it).

greyjedi125 likes this.
  16. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    The Jedi Order has a definition of what a Grey Jedi is? I would be very interested in hearing what it is.

EDIT: I found this....that sounds exactly like the Dark Woman.

"The so-called gray Jedi have been with us since the beginning. Although they do not break with the Jedi orthodoxy concerning the dark side, they bristle when asked to take orders from the Council. Gray Jedi make compromises, cut corners, and hide their actions from scrutiny, all under the assumption that their experience makes them authorities on policy. They are mavericks who are difficult to control, but can be valued members of the Order after they have been persuaded to follow the established hierarchy."
    ―Restelly Quist, Jedi Chief Librarian following the New Sith Wars

17. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    It's spelled wrong, but here is what Wookieepedia has to say about it. The second meaning is what is believed that the Jedi Order believe a Grey Jedi to be.

"The term Gray Jedi, or Gray, had two meanings. First, it was used by Jedi and Sith to describe Force-users who walked the line between the light and dark sides of the Force without surrendering to the dark side, and second, it described Jedi who distanced themselves from the Jedi High Council and operated outside the strictures of the Jedi Code. However, those who were considered to be true Gray Jedi met both qualifications and did not belong to any particular Force tradition. One example was Jolee Bindo, a former Jedi Padawan and a Gray Jedi that served the Old Republic." - Gray Jedi on Wookieepedia

EDIT: I think this is the same place you got that quote lol

greyjedi125 likes this.
  18. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    That's just a wookieepedia thing though, it's not a quote from anyone in-universe.

19. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Kev-Mas_Colcha

Cophrigin V is the new Grey Order homeworld, located in the outer rim. The word 'Order' in itself denotes structure. We will have that as well. An RP cannot survive without this. As I said, there will be nomadic members by default, that dynamic is inherent to the grey order. They go where the Force leads them. We are merely enhancing that experience.

Rediscovery of Zonama Sekot can very well happen in-game. I can totally see that happening. * ( adds to notes )

I believe we have a majority vote on New Republic Era. ( Yay! *adds to notes )

Details as to RP structure being worked on will be disseminated once they are solidified. Stay tuned. :-B

Mikaboshi and Kev-Mas_Colcha like this.
  20. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Well, if it's New Republic era... that'd mean I'd likely be playing as the same Kev-Mas that makes a pilgrimage to Zonama Sekot in 4 ABY. So that could be what said discovery is. I have an idea that Kev-Mas runs into one of the members of the Grey Order on his travels after training on Zonama Sekot who introduces him to the rest of the order, as a means to bring him in. In exchange, he tells them about Zonama Sekot.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  21. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    I would love to see what you think of the CS....once it's finished, of course. :p

Kev-Mas_Colcha and Mikaboshi like this.
  22. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Heck, if you want me to critique the whole thing before you post the thread I'm definitely willing.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  23. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    LOL!!! I already have checks and balances in place, but know you will definitely see the final product. Critique and input are both welcome and inevitable, especially when the end product needs to be perfect.:-B:bluesaber::greensaber::redsaber:

EDIT:

I think the existing emblem might need a photoshop upgrade. [face_thinking]

24. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    For my part I am eager to see a final product revealed, all at once, like opening a present on Christmas morning. The anticipation gives me the shivers.

25. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Well I did make the emblem in the OP and I am capable of upgrading it. One idea I have is incorporating the potentium logo into it in some way.

EDIT: Potentium logo is the logo that looks like a star inside an infinity symbol, in the background of this picture of Leor Hal:

[​IMG]

EDIT 2: Here...

[​IMG]

greyjedi125 likes this.