main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The Official Fan Art Banner Contest **DEADLINE SEPT. 10TH**

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by DarthMaul431, Aug 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi-master-faran

jedi-master-faran Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2005
    Oops! its odjs! my bad.
    Reasons I changed it:
    It was too long so I took a bit off the right side and addd it to the left side
    I wanted to see my own picture in it so I added a picture of anakin holding a saber in the far right walking in a hallway.
    I dont want to enter it, I just wanted to see what else it could look like. I was kind of board. sorry if I ripped you off.

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Just so everyone is on the same page here, I won't tolerate folks coming in here and taking artwork that is not their own and passing it off as such. That's very bad form and can get you into a lot of trouble if you do it to the wrong person. Please don't let this happen again.

3. Darth_Numanus

Darth_Numanus Jedi Master star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    woah! im outta town for a few days and come beack to find a stern warning from hansolo and seven blanked out posts.... whats been goin on?![face_worried]

im havin a real hard time decidin what to use for advert holders... anyone have any ideas please PM me!

-num

4. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Not sure. I guess I missed the drama, too. Looks like our skillful moderator was on top of it, though, whatever it was...

5. Darth_Numanus

Feb 22, 2002
    yer you gotta love HS29! always gotta nice word to say but can deal out the whoopass when neccessary!

[:D]
    -num

6. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, you guys missed all the fun. :p
    But we have a great mod, that's for darned sure.

Back to the banners, I'm so impressed with everything that's been posted. This will be a tough choice.

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Aww, thanks guys! [:D]

Just doing my job. ;)

8. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Bump. Only 8 days left people.

9. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Bump to the first page, 4 days left.

10. jedi-master-faran

May 13, 2005
    odj, is it ok if I show them the banner of yours that I made to my liking? I dont wanna enter it, just show them how I changed it. Please?

11. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Just a reminder to everyone that submitted a banner thus far. I need you to make left and right ad holders along with a reply post image. I need them to consider your entry. :)

12. Darth_Numanus

Feb 22, 2002
    (sorry double post)

13. Darth_Numanus

Feb 22, 2002
    ok well i was gonna redesign this but one thing after another kept coming up and now its a little bit too late.

so here's my entry.

i dont predict it winning but that doesnt matter just as long as the BA-NANAS! picture makes it in somewhere!

[image=http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/3020/banner5zn.jpg]

-num

14. dashleebo

dashleebo Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 18, 2003
    Bad news: I'm withdrawing my banner from the contest for the following reasons:

At this moment it is Saturday the 10th (1.43am), and I am going to be away from the computer until sunday, and by the time I can finish my banner, it will be too late. I've been so busy this week with school work. Also, whilst slicing my banner up for the web, I discovered that height of the banner wasn't big enough for the requirement of 110. I accidentally made it smaller while working on the banner.. as I didn't line the images up exactly with the guild-line I had on the canvas. (do'h!) I can't possibly get a completed and correct banner in time. I don't want extra time as its not fair.. and there are banners more worthy of being chosen (IMO), and there's a particular one I'd love to see on this forum.

Sorry everyone... :(

15. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    My entry:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/rnart/swbanner26SBC.jpg

16. Malos

Malos Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    Here's my contribution:

[image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/Malos/MalosBanner.jpg]

17. jedi-master-faran

May 13, 2005
    Put away your mouses folks, the competition is over! I vote for ODj's

18. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Before I can go ahead and make a poll with the entries, I will need those that want their banner included in the vote to make a left and right ad holder and a reply post image. These things are mandatory, folks so please get them in as soon as possible so we can move onto the voting.

19. Dudemeyster

Dudemeyster Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
  20. jedi-master-faran

May 13, 2005
    Thats awesome exept I dont really like black and white photos in banners. other then that, its awesome!

21. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    [image=http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/618/fanart28li.jpg]

Theres my final version.

22. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    I like all of them. :)

23. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
  24. Valacar

Valacar Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 26, 2004
    Once the voting begins, who's eligible?

25. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    It would be great if you at least post in Fan Art semi-regularly to vote, but I can't put limits on who votes, so I guess it's open to anyone.

With that said, the poll will be up tonight. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.