Art Archive The Official Fan Art Challenge - Announcement 1/5

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. AzureAngel2 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Ah, I see!

[:D]

Thanks for explaining!
  2. earlybird-obi-wan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    For the october challenge I got C-treepio and here he is

[image=http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/earlybird-obi-wan/forcenetart/c3po.jpg]
  3. FettFan79 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    That's a good C-3PO! I like the perspective you used, and the details that still make him look shiny.

I got Yoda for the Challenge, and while I might update this image, I'm not sure if I'll ink it or color it, so I'll have this up for now...

[image=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/starwars79/yoda2.jpg]

Graphite on sketchbook paper.
  4. Ranil-Starwing Jedi Youngling

These both look really nice! Excellent job! I'm still working on mine (Mace Windu), but I should have it up by the due date. I just hope my schedule doesn't turn crazy like it did last month.
  5. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Love the Threepio, early-bird! I think that might be one of your best drawings! Nice job!

As I said to you via PM, you did an excellent job with Yoda, Fett. You captured his expression nicely and I agree that he would look good in ink. I look forward to see what you decide to do with him. :)
  6. BIEREN Jedi Knight

star 3
    Awesome
  7. FettFan79 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Thank you, HanSolo! And, I'm digging the C-3PO too!

Here's my other entry: Aurra Sing!

[image=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/starwars79/aurrasing1.jpg]

Prismacolors on bristol board. Used cover of Boba Fett: Maze of Deception as reference, but not familiar with her weapon. Also, the sky is actually light blue, but didn't turn out in scan. Drew all of it from start to finish in about an hour and a half last night--sometimes I just get in the zone.
  8. earlybird-obi-wan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Excellent Job FettFan79 on Yoda and Aurra Sing and great colouring on her.
  9. FettFan79 Jedi Youngling

star 2
  10. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Great stuff, FettFan! I especially love the knowing smirk she's giving the viewers.

And just a reminder to everyone that Friday will be the last day for the current challenge. Anyone still wanting to participate, I still have a lot of spots open. :)
  11. FettFan79 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Thank you, HS! I shifted her gaze a bit to look more at the viewer ;)

Oh, I hope some others jump in!
  12. Spawnofnexu Jedi Youngling

I'll have number 31 please. This is my first time on the site. Can't wait to post some work on here. Kev (spawn of nexu)
  13. GIMER Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I picked #40 which was Chewbacca.
    [image=http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c62/cvzdesign/freestyle/chewbacca.png]
    Here he tries to escape the nefarious Chinese Finger Trap.
  14. Spawnofnexu Jedi Youngling

Can I have number 31 please?
  15. H_E_Dbl_GIMER_Sticks Jedi Youngling

star 2
    PM him. -He also might have had some problems logging on for the past 2 days due to the board DNS issues.
  16. FettFan79 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Gimer--that's a cute Chewie! Funny situation too: even a Wookiee falls prey to the finger trap! lol:p
  17. H_E_Dbl_GIMER_Sticks Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Thanks! It was something I imagined he would get himself into.
  18. Trika-Treat Jedi Youngling

Ditto on the great Chewie! Well done and very creative! =D=
  19. Hitchhiking_Ghost Jedi Youngling

Greetings, foolish mortals...

As GIMER already highlighted above, this is the first time I was able to log on since very late Monday night. And I'm sure I'm not alone in that. With that being said, I'm going to extend the deadline for the current challenge for two days to accommodate for the inconvenience. The deadline for this challenge will now be November 2nd.

Spawnofnexu, I'll be sending you a PM in a moment with your character. I apologize for the wait but again, it was out of my control.

And in case you're all wondering, yes, this is HanSolo29. I'm just having a little Halloween fun along with everyone else. ;)
  20. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    I just have to say to everyone that's participating this month that your submissions all ROCK!! =D= Some really quality work showing up here, in style and polish--props to you all (and Happy Halloween![face_pumpkin] )! ;)

FF
  21. Ranil-Starwing Jedi Youngling

Oh, thank you! Thank you for extending the deadline two more days! My piece is taking rather longer than I expected, so this should give me time to finish it up.

To all those who have submitted so far: entries look fantastic! Great job!
  22. AzureAngel2 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    :D

So many brilliant entries since I last passed by in here! Great works! I am currious who will win!

*has an Irish Barm Brack in the oven and is also doing an Irish Fruit Cake tomorrow!*

Happy Halloween to you all!
  23. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    I'm glad the extended deadline appears to be working out for everyone.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask. :)
  24. Ranil-Starwing Jedi Youngling

Mace Windu is finally complete! Here he is:

[image=http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs35/f/2008/307/e/7/Master_of_Vaapad_by_Kaelir_of_lorien.jpg]

And here are a few closeups.

[image=http://fc10.deviantart.com/fs33/f/2008/307/4/3/Mace_Windu_Close_ups_by_Kaelir_of_lorien.jpg]
  25. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Nice work, Ranil! Mace really looks great! :)

And that brings the October challenge to close. If you were already assigned a number for either the October or September challenge, you're more than welcomed to still post your work. I have one here that I'm meaning to get up myself.

That brings us to the challenge for November. Would you all still be interested in the whole number system or would you rather go for something completely different? Let me know what you think and if you have any ideas for a new challenge! :)/>
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.