Art Archive The Official Fan Art Challenge - April 2006

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29, Apr 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. academygrad88 Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, I like the sticky idea. I did one piece for the challenge and it was the only one I did all month. Computer problems stopped me from doing more, plus that stupid fanfic I am writing takes all of my time.

As for topics, those are always hard to come up with fresh ideas.

Well, This month is Mother's day, maybe part of the challege for May could be, draw a SW character showing their motherly side--Leia and her kids playing, Mara and Ben, etc.

AG88
  2. Ice_Ghost11 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'd like to see it going. I know the topics this month didn't really strike me and I was pretty absorbed in the Wallpaper Competition thread. ;) But I'd like to keep things going. :)

I think she has a good idea going with the Mother's thing. Like, "Mothers in Star Wars". Could be neat. :D Maybe for June(That's when father's day is, isn't?! I can never remember) a 'Fathers in Star Wars' could be used, too. If I think of anything else I'll be sure to PM you. :D
  3. Giolon05 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I too like the idea of stickying the current months art challenge thread. I certainly wouldn't want it to become less than monthly or add voting to it.
  4. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll add my vote for keeping the Challenge stickied to the top during the month--it does sometimes get lost, slipping down the page... As to participation--I think now that school's coming to a close there will be more--with midterms and finals and projects and stuff, the student-members haven't had a lot of time! I myself would like to see it continue: it can be a good catalyst for someone in a slump (this last month helped me, lol! ;) ), and it's always good to take up a challenge--makes us "stretch" occasionally, and for artists, that's always a good thing! And as to it becoming a "contest" rather than a "challenge," I think I'll go for "no" on that: contests can sometimes be intimidating and may actually discourage participation...so that's my plug-nickle on that count! I still think it's a good idea: an invitation for anyone to submit any type of art for any of the challenge topics--it encourages interaction and that wonderful sense of community we all so enjoy in our forum!

And I'll get off my soapbox now... [face_sheepish]

;)

FF
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.