main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The Official Fan Art Challenge (February)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29 , Sep 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Welcome to the Offical Fan Art Challenge! Each month, artists of all skill levels will be able to choose between a list of topics in six categories based on the "Essential Guide" books(Characters, Aliens/Species, Droids, Vehicles, Location and a Wild Card). A wide range of media will be accepted including, but not limited to, graphite/ink drawings, paintings, photo-manips, digitial paintings/drawings, collages and posters. It's really whatever you're inspired to do. Be creative! If the subject is a TIE Fighter, don't just draw a TIE Fighter, try to incorporate it into a scene that's interesting. Or perhaps you would rather take the Alliance's view on the TIE. The possibilities are endless!

*NEW*
    As an extra twist, the Challenge will now be considered as a contest or a game. At the end of each quarter(Fall;September-November, Winter;December-February, Spring;March-May, Summer;June-August), all pieces of artwork submitted during that particular time period will be up for nomination for the "Art Challenge Fan Favorite Award." If your artwork makes it through the nomination process and wins the final vote, you will be awarded colors of your choosing and a title for a week to sport around the entire JC. Good luck to all participants!

Past Winners:

1. Fall 2006 - academygrad88; Boba Fett and Family

[color=midnightblue][b]Some Guidelines to Follow:[/b][/color]

[blockquote][li]Please post your images in this thread so we can have them all collected in one area, but of course you're also allowed to post them in your own artwork threads.[/li]

[li]You can submit fanart for one topic, or do all of them. It is up to you.[/li]

[li]Comments for everyone's artwork should also be posted in this thread. Even if you're not participating yourself, your comments are more than welcome.[/li]

[li]Everyone is welcomed to post responses to this thread regardless of whether you post in the Fan Art forum or not. Please don't be nervous or discouraged. We would all love to see your work! [/li]

[li]If you have suggestions for future topics, please PM them to [link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=351318][b]HanSolo29[/b][/link] or post them in this thread.[/li]

[li]If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask![/li][/blockquote]

[hr]

[color=red][b][u]Fan Art Challenge for February:[/color][/b][/u]

[b]Characters:[/b] [color=blue]Quinlan Vos[/color]

[b]Aliens/Creatures:[/b] [color=blue]Falleen[/color]

[b]Droids:[/b] [color=blue]Blue Max[/color]

[b]Vehicle:[/b] [color=blue]AT-AT Imperial Walker[/color]

[b]Location:[/b] [color=blue]Geonosis Droid Factory[/color]

[b]Wild Card:[/b] [color=blue]Depict Jaina Solo how she appears in the Legacy of the Force book series[/color]

Due Date: [b]February 28th[/b]

2. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    The start of a new year, and a new Quarter!!!

Dont forget to nominate your favorite Wallpapers in the VOTE VOTE VOTE thread!

God bless you all and Merry Christmas!
    ~N

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    No takers this month? [face_worried]

4. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    I'm in. I have a Droid picture that I am working on, it should be done soon.

5. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    Here is my Droid entry, I call it Threepeeeohkamun

http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=c3pokahmuniw2.jpg

6. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Here's my entry, Padmé in her own handmaiden disguise from Tatooine. I wish I could post more, I miss posting regularly, but I've got a new freelance artwork job that keeps me from creating my own work more often. Not that I don't love my new job, but I wish I had a bit more time for some more Star Wars pieces!

[image=http://www.basement24.com/galleries/starwars/2007/padme-tatooine-peasant.jpg]

7. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    BIEREN: I already commented on this piece in your other thread, and I love it! Great job! :)

Basement: Nice to see you back, buddy, and thanks for participating! Very nice rendition of Padme - her likeness is spot on! And congrats on the freelance work! What type of work are you doing?

8. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    Good to be back! Hopefully I'll be able to post a bit more in the future, I missed doing art for myself, even though my job is great. I'm doing toy design actually, which is a really great experience. It's a lot of work though, but I'm going to try to squeeze in some Star Wars art every so often, and to post a bit more when I can!

9. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
  10. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    BIEREN - Sorry, I missed the link to your piece last times I posted here! Nice stuff, that's a great piece! Good idea with having 3PO's golden head within a golden mask.

TheOnlyJediPrincess - I already commented in your own thread, but again, nicely done!

Let's get some more entries going! Only a few more days in January! :)

11. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    The new challenge for February is posted. I've added the new categories that were brought up in the "Future of Fan Art" thread. Hopefully these will generate more interest and really get those creative juices flowing.

Also check out the first post. I've added a schedule when the voting for each quarter will take place(this Winter quarter will be shorter than usual and will end at the end of Feb. so we can get the schedule back on track) and a gallery of past winners has also been added.

If you have anymore suggestions for the challenge itself, let me know! :)

12. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    I like this new setup HanSolo29! I'm thinking of an AT-AT walker--I really liked those and I think I'm ready to try some more mechanical things after drawing people for a while.

13. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    Here's my entry for the Falleen category -- Prince Xizor!

[image=http://www.basement24.com/galleries/starwars/2007/prince-xizor.jpg]

14. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    This is my Fan Art Challenge entry for AT ATs, entitled: AT ATs and the Battle of Hoth.

http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=generalveersbgea1.jpg

15. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
  16. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I just wanted to drop in here and comment on the quality of work I'm seeing in here. Really top-notch stuff, folks! Keep it up! :)

And just a general reminder, the end of this month will mark the next voting period. So if you want to be considered for the Winter award, please get in your submissions in the coming week!

17. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    Here's a very quick Quinlan entry, see my thread for the explanation!

[image=http://www.basement24.com/galleries/starwars/2007/quinlan-vos.jpg]

18. DarthMikus

DarthMikus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    Well, I didn't have as much time as I would have liked to devote to this one. But how could I sit out another monthly challenge when my fav jedi the character this time around?
    [image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a302/ScreamingSamurai/QVos4.jpg]

19. DarthKuk

DarthKuk Jedi Knight

Jul 20, 2005
    I have just been swamped at work, so I thought I would spend a couple of hours on something that wasn't a clone, stormtrooper, or a mando.
    I probably won't have time to color it, so here it is...
    Quinlan Sketch

20. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow! Nice additions, everyone! :D

DarthMikus: The emotion you've managed to capture in this piece is stunning! Vos almost appears as if he's looking off to the horizon and pondering a recent event or events in his life. It just sweeps you right up into this piece. The limited color palette also helps to bring this to life. Nice job! :)

DarthKuk: Nice sense of action and movement depicted in this pose! The figure may look a tad stiff, but I believe you still have a fairly good grasp on the anatomy. The intensity in his face and the way he's holding his saber really gives this a personality of its own and it helps it to stand out. I really like it. Keep up the great work! :D

Just a reminder: Tomorrow will mark the beginning of the Winter 2007 voting. If you still have artwork you would like to submit for the current challenge, please post them to this thread before 12am board time. Thanks! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.