main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The Official Fan Art Challenge - January 2006

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29 , Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    TY!!! How great is it to see something new from you?!?! What a great "self-portrait!" And don't you make a spit-and-polish ARC trooper? ;) :D I love the coloring and shading on this one, and it's quite the "Boba Fett" type pose, too! Wonderful--and it's so fun to see your work in the forum again! How's the comic for work coming (and have you looked into the webcomic they're trying to get going for TF.N?)? Hope all is well in your world, and we hope you can drop in again soon!

FF

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Deb, that Padme portrait is wonderful! You captured her likeness quite well and I too love that scene in ROTS. The end of an era so to speak. ;)

Yay! Someone was actually brave enough to tackle the self-portrait category! It really looks great, Ty! I love the pose! :D

3. Ty_Ordell

Ty_Ordell Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2002
    Thanks peoples. The self portrait sounded like fun so I thought I'd try it. I realized you'd all have to assume that it looks like me so I added a photo to my profile.

FF - The web strip was offered to me but I had to turn it down unfortunately. I just couldn't work it out with everything else I'm involved in. Heck I struggled to get this piece done in time.

Also even though I don't alaways leave comments I'm usually checking in here at least once a week to see what's going on.

4. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Yeah, I was wondering how we were to know if it actually looks like you? I was thinking, "That is a fantastic drawing but for all I know this artist could really look like the Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons!" [face_laugh]

I for a split second considered doing a 'self portrait' where I looked like the thin and sexy Mara Jade. :p But I realized my friends would quickly call me on that. ;)

Great job!

AG88

5. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    AG88 wrote: I for a split second considered doing a 'self portrait' where I looked like the thin and sexy Mara Jade.

Oh do-it-do-it-do-it!!! Pleeeeeeaaaaassssseeeee!?!?!?!?! [face_praying][face_praying] I know it would be so great, it'd be awesome fun for you ("you know it to be true..."), and it's just "For Fun" anyway!! I'd love to see a painting like that (and I'll bet your honey would love to get that in a card as a little present, too, hm? o_O :D )! You have two days--go!

:p 8-}

FF

6. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    FalconFan...:eek: She's wonderful and gorgeous! That was a pleasure to see. :)

odj, gosh. I just love your CW Padme. She looks beautiful and sassy. :D

7. FloppyMaN

FloppyMaN Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2005
    Well I deciced to give this a shot. I ll be finished with my drawing tommorow. So I ll upload it tommorow. I did a advertisment in the Star Wars Universe. It's Darth Sidious in a "I WANT YOU" poster.

[-There can only be one FloppyMan-]

8. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    That sounds like a great idea FloppyMan. I can't wait to see it.

AG88

9. -Courtney-

-Courtney- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 8, 2005
    I made this one today, it is my first artwork to be put on the internet:
    This is in black & white
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DarthCourtney/Aayla.jpg
    And this is in colour
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DarthCourtney/Aayla2.jpg
    It is supposed to be me as Aayla or any twilek I guess.

10. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Cool, -Courtney-! I think most of us fangirls would love to look like Aayla (or Mara or Leia or...never mind!)! Very nice--I like the look of her hands especially (hands are exceedingly hard to draw, lol!). Did you color this with markers or colored pencil? Thanks for participating, and we hope to see more of your art!

FF

11. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Nice job, Courtney. Those Twi'Leks do have nice bodies. If you have any doubts go check out Giolon05's fanart thread. ;) He is a mega Twi'lek lover. :p

I hope to see more of your art!

AG88

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Very nice, Courtney! Your Aayla has a very animated feel to it. Thanks for participating! :)

13. -Courtney-

-Courtney- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 8, 2005
    I used pencils, but I did not realise they were water colour pencils (the pencils that you are supposed to add water to make it look like paint) until I had finished. I think it gave it an interesting look anyway.

Thank you for all your comments, now I am inspired to start my own art thread.

14. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Darth_Snuggle, I LOVE your advertisement for pretty obvious reasons! [face_laugh]

Here's my anti-discrimnatory ad with the caption "Beauty Comes in All Colors":

Women of Color
    [image=http://imageknockout.com/uploads/WOC2Tn.jpg]
    Full Image
    Original Resolution Image (warning 4000x3884)

15. FloppyMaN

FloppyMaN Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2005
    Here are two that I did, There are the same drawing, just once I had it on the computer I erased somethings and added somethings to make a second picture.

[image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/Floppyman/IWANTU.jpg]I WANT YOU!

[image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/Floppyman/Gotmilk.jpg]GOT MILK?

[-There can only be one Floppyman-]

16. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Ooh! Some really great entries for last call :)

That's a really beautiful rendering of Padme, FalconFan! I love how you did the gradations across her face!

Love your style Ty_Ordell :)

Courtney, that's a really nice job you did for your self-portrait as Aayla :D Bravo!

Yeah, I figured you'd dig that one, Giolon05 *L* Wait 'til you see what else I have in store ;) Your ad looks great as well!

*L* I love it FloppyMaN! Great job on the Imperial recruitment poster and the "Got Milk" ad, too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.