main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The Official Fan Art Challenge (May)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29 , Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Welcome to the Offical Fan Art Challenge! Each month, artists of all skill levels will be able to choose between a list of topics in six categories based on the "Essential Guide" books(Characters, Aliens/Species, Droids, Vehicles, Location and a Wild Card). A wide range of media will be accepted including, but not limited to, graphite/ink drawings, paintings, photo-manips, digitial paintings/drawings, collages and posters. It's really whatever you're inspired to do. Be creative! If the subject is a TIE Fighter, don't just draw a TIE Fighter, try to incorporate it into a scene that's interesting. Or perhaps you would rather take the Alliance's view on the TIE. The possibilities are endless!

*NEW*
    As an extra twist, the Challenge will now be considered as a contest or a game. At the end of each quarter(Fall;September-November, Winter;December-February, Spring;March-May, Summer;June-August), all pieces of artwork submitted during that particular time period will be up for nomination for the "Art Challenge Fan Favorite Award." If your artwork makes it through the nomination process and wins the final vote, you will be awarded colors of your choosing and a title for a week to sport around the entire JC. Good luck to all participants!

Past Winners:

1. Fall 2006 - academygrad88; Boba Fett and Family
    2. Winter 2007 - DarthMikus; Quinlan Vos
    3. Spring 2007 - COULD BE YOU!

[color=midnightblue][b]Some Guidelines to Follow:[/b][/color]

[blockquote][li]Please post your images in this thread so we can have them all collected in one area, but of course you're also allowed to post them in your own artwork threads.[/li]

[li]You can submit fanart for one topic, or do all of them. It is up to you.[/li]

[li]Comments for everyone's artwork should also be posted in this thread. Even if you're not participating yourself, your comments are more than welcome.[/li]

[li]Everyone is welcomed to post responses to this thread regardless of whether you post in the Fan Art forum or not. Please don't be nervous or discouraged. We would all love to see your work! [/li]

[li]If you have suggestions for future topics, please PM them to [link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=351318][b]HanSolo29[/b][/link] or post them in this thread.[/li]

[li]If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask![/li][/blockquote]

[hr]

[color=red][b][u]Fan Art Challenge for June:[/color][/b][/u]

[b]Characters:[/b] [color=blue]Mara Jade[/color]

[b]Aliens/Creatures:[/b] [color=blue]Tauntaun[/color]

[b]Droids:[/b] [color=blue]Droidekas[/color]

[b]Vehicle:[/b] [color=blue]Snowspeeder[/color]

[b]Location:[/b] [color=blue]Kashyyyk[/color]

[b]Wild Card:[/b] [color=blue]Visualize any character within the EU and draw/render/paint your version of them. It could be one of the original characters introduced in the EU(Thrawn, Darth Revan, Ben Skywalker etc) or how a film character would be portayed in a particular timeframe within the EU. Be creative![/color]

Due Date: [b]June 30th[/b]

2. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Here's my Ewok entry, I call it "Celebrate the Love". :p

[image=http://www.basement24.com/galleries/starwars/2007/celebrate-the-love.jpg]

3. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    B24, that is awesome, very cool.

4. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
  5. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    I actually painted this a few months ago, so if it is not eligible for submission please let me know.

Cade Skywalker

AG88

6. rhi-sparks

rhi-sparks Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2006
    My entry for "Coruscant".
    [image=http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/thesweetchildren/yuzcorusccopy.jpg]

7. Minela

Minela Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2005
    Ewok life is my entry in the alien category. It is a portrait of a suspicious ewok.

Ewok Life

Photoshop.

8. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    This is "Vader on Coruscant", oil on canvas, 11"x14"

http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vadervw2.jpg

9. Valan

Valan Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2006
  10. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    this is my Depiction of how I envision Jacen Solo's sacrifice. This drawn from Jacen's point of view. He has just made his "Sacrifice." I think he will go into disbelief of what he just did. He is looking at his lightsaber and leans against the wall. his hand slips bit because of the blood on his hands.

Jacen's Sacrifice

Enjoy!

11. Minela

Apr 28, 2005
    I love the "Vader of Coruscant" it is a very powerful image. He looks like he just battled the whole world and is left alone, with nothing to rule over.

12. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    Will there be an April FanArt Challenge? [face_batting]

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yes, there will be an April Challenge.

I'm just extremely busy with school assignments and some zine work. When I get caught up I'll post up the next challenge. :)

14. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    Of course-- trust me, I understand about pressing assignments. :)

15. Minela

Apr 28, 2005
    can we give suggestions for april challange?

16. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Sorry for being late, but the April Challenge is posted! :)

Yes, you're free to give suggestions for any of the challenges. Just send me a PM or post what you would like to see in the Artist's Lounge Social Thread.

17. Minela

Apr 28, 2005
    Here is a little Photoshop magic for the Wild Card.

I call this "Through the Force", both twins in their seperate worlds dream about each other. Both feel like half of a person and on some level know each other is out there.

Through the Force

18. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    I've started a Luke/Leia piece too... a Yin/Yang concept with Alderaan and Tatooine standing in for the dots :D

19. Aleria

Aleria Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2007
    It seems the Luke/Leia idea is a popular one. I got an idea for it, too. It's a little like Minela's idea, but with a totally different medium. Let's see if I can get anywhere near that good... Minela, your 'Through the Force' piece is absolutely gorgeous!
    So, are we allowed to submit more than one entry each month? Just because I also got a possible idea for Anakin...

20. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Very nice, everyone! Keep up the wonderful work as always! :D

You can do as many as you want. There is no limit. :)

21. ShrunkenJedi

Apr 26, 2003
    The yin-yang concept I mentioned in progress... :D

I think I'm going to take my time on this one...

Luke/Leia WIP

22. Minela

Apr 28, 2005
    ying yang is great, I love Tatooine and Aldaaran as the dots.

23. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    April challenge enrty: Mos Eisley Catina

http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cantinabandzs6.jpg

24. Minela

Apr 28, 2005
    Here is a drawing of Anakin Solo, this is not for submission since I have not cleaned it up in Photoshop yet.

Fighting the Dark

Pencil, Acrylic paint.

25. Minela

Apr 28, 2005
    This is my submission for Anakin Solo. I'm kind of proud of this one since it is my first image that is both Photoshop and traditional art (pencil and acrylic). Please enjoy.

[image=http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/53357931//image.gif]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.