main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The Official Fan Art Challenge (November)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29 , Sep 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Welcome to the Offical Fan Art Challenge! Each month, a single subject or category from the Star Wars universe will be chosen for artists of all skill levels to interpret. A wide range of media will be accepted including, but not limited to, graphite/ink drawings, paintings, photo-manips, digitial paintings/drawings, collages and posters. It's really whatever you're inspired to do. Be creative! If the subject is a TIE Fighter, don't just draw a TIE Fighter, try to incorporate it into a scene that's interesting. Or perhaps you would rather take the Alliance's view on the TIE. The possibilities are endless!

*NEW* - 2/6/09
    As an extra twist, the Challenge will now be considered as a contest or a game. At the end of each quarter(Fall;September-November, Winter;December-February, Spring;March-May, Summer;June-August), all pieces of artwork submitted during that particular time period will be up for nomination for the "Art Challenge Fan Favorite Award." If your artwork makes it through the nomination process and wins the final vote, you will be awarded colors of your choosing and a title for a week to sport around the entire JC. But wait! There's more! As an added bonus, the winning piece of artwork will also be created into an icon and uploaded onto the JC forums for all to see and use at their choosing. Good luck to all participants!

Past Winners:

1. Fall 2006 - academygrad88; Boba Fett and Family
    2. Winter 2007 - DarthMikus; Quinlan Vos
    3. Spring 2007 - BIEREN; Darth Vader
    4. Summer 2007 - Basement24; Humiliation of Defeat
    5. Fall 2007 - ART2-D2; Artoo on Halloween
    6. Winter 2008 - Ty_Ordell; Princess Leia
    7. Spring 2008 - ART2-D2; Battle Droid
    8. Summer 2008 - Saith_Vaaper; Tahiri Veila
    9. Fall 2008 - Ranil-Starwing; Master of Vaapad
    10. Winter 2009 - earlybird-obi-wan; Sleep
    11. Spring 2009 - Black-Dog; Nas Choka Mini Figurine
    12. Summer 2009 - Corellian_Outrider; The Jungle Patrol
    13. Fall 2009 - COULD BE YOU!

[color=midnightblue][b]Some Guidelines to Follow:[/b][/color]

[blockquote][li]Please post your images in this thread so we can have them all collected in one area, but of course you're also allowed to post them in your own artwork threads.[/li]

[li]You can submit fanart for one topic, or do all of them. It is up to you.[/li]

[li]Comments for everyone's artwork should also be posted in this thread. Even if you're not participating yourself, your comments are more than welcome.[/li]

[li]Everyone is welcomed to post responses to this thread regardless of whether you post in the Fan Art forum or not. Please don't be nervous o

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I have this painting with Obi-Wan and Luke just before Obi-Wan has to give Luke to Beru and Owen

[image=http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/earlybird-obi-wan/forcenetart/luke5.jpg]

3. kikichan

kikichan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2009
    Good idea Han ^^

my entry >>

Ben in Betrayal >> what we're doing makes us spies. Jedi spies.

[image=http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1289/jedispies.png]

4. jottinger

jottinger Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2009
    Hi, this is a poster I did. I was thinking about what General Grievous's propaganda posters might look like, if he had them This is what I came up with. I'm working on a couple more Star Wars propaganda poster ideas. Hope you enjoy my work.

I put a link to the photo , I'm new and haven't figured out how to put an image in the message.

Thanks, John Ottigner

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.editAlbumPhotos&albumID=2951361

image=[image=http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.editAlbumPhoto&albumID=2951361&imageID=52112771]image=http://viewmorepics.mys pace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.editAlbumPhoto&albumID=2951361&imageID=52112771

5. jottinger

jottinger Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2009
    Hey really cool.

john

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    New challenge is up for October! Enjoy, everyone! :)

jottinger, welcome to the boards! I'm not sure what your image has to do with the September challenge, but please consider starting up your own thread to display your work. This thread is dedicated for responses to the Fan Art challenges only. Thanks!

7. kikichan

May 31, 2009
    ooo haloween ^____^ I'll have to find the time to participate again ;)

I have a question: would sith fit the halloween theme ? And I'm thinking maybe doing something with a little bit of blood. Is that allowed in the TOS and how bloody is too bloody ?

Thanks ^^

8. jottinger

jottinger Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2009
    Sorry I'm new to the site, dumb and old, so I'm site is still vary confusing for me.

john

9. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    No worries! If you have any questions on how to get started, please don't hesitate to ask! I'll be happy to help you out. :)

Hmm. Well, I wouldn't say Sith by themselves would fit into the Halloween theme. I would add something extra to really give it that Halloween feel. And I have no problem with a little bit of blood. I would just stay away from real gory details and stuff like that. It's hard to say how much is too much without a chart or anything like that, so I'm just going to say if you're in doubt about it, run it by me first and I'll let you know if it's appropriate to post. :)

10. kikichan

May 31, 2009
    Thanks ^____^
    hmmm... not Sith... how about Force ghosts ? A force ghost haunting ? [face_devil]

Sorry to ask all the questions [face_blush]

11. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    The Force ghost of Jar Jar Binks!!!! :eek:

That's enough to scare the pants off of anyone! [face_devil]

12. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    Force ghosts.... :) Perfect. It even goes with my FOTJ artworks.

13. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh, don't get me wrong, you can still do Sith. I just don't want straight-up portraits of Darth Maul or Darth Vader. Be creative. Incorporate horror or Halloween in some way and you'll be fine. :)

And Force ghosts. That's a good idea. Again, try not to do straight-up portraits. Be creative!

14. littlereddog

littlereddog Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2008
    Hi everyone, here is my entry:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v370/littlereddog/tupa_ewokhalloween.jpg]

15. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    I love it, littlereddog - especially the ghost ewoks!

16. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Lol!! The poor kiddie stormtroopers! [face_laugh]

17. littlereddog

Jul 22, 2008
    Thanks guys! I had a lot of fun with it! Im working on one more...

18. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh wow, that is awesome! I absolutely love it!

Finally, the Ewoks have their revenge! [face_devil]

19. littlereddog

Jul 22, 2008
    HanSolo29 - Thank you very much!

Here is one more:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v370/littlereddog/tupa_SWHAlloween.jpg]

20. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    littlereddog: I was going to post how I'm excited to have a grave prop and that I could do something awesome with it, then I saw your art. I just can't compete with that. :(

21. Mekairinek

Mekairinek Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2009
    Yeeeeeah... that is a tough act to follow, I'll tell you what.

I'll give it a try, though.

22. littlereddog

Jul 22, 2008
    you guys are too kind. Please do not be intimidated or hesitant to post work.
    I am no where's near perfect and there is room in this world for all types, styles and levels of artwork.
    Wow, that sounded real cheezy...
    Anyway, thanks for the huge compliment

23. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    your Halloween pics are awesome littlereddog and they inspired me

Also a passage in DNA I.D. and here they are:

Vampire Yoda, Vampire Jacen and Vampire Anka (an OC)

[image=http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/earlybird-obi-wan/forcenetart/vampirejedi.jpg]

24. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
  25. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.