1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!

Art Archive The Official Fan Art Challenge - Your Feedback Needed!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29, Jun 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    I know it's been awhile, but I finally have an update to report. :)

The Fan Art Challenge will be returning. I'm going to go with two very general subjects each round instead of the multiple categories we had in the past. Aside from a change of subjects, I've talked it over with the MS and there will also be rewards handed out in terms of VIP colors. I'm going to run this similarly to the RPF awards in that at the end of each quarter(summmer, fall, winter, spring), a nomination thread will be put up for all of you to determine the best work out of that time frame. At the end of the nomination period, a vote will be held to determine the overall best piece of fan art out of that time period. The final winner will be awarded colors for a week.

I hope this will work out for everyone and possibly bring in more participation. Look for the new thread to be posted in a few days. :)
  2. academygrad88 Force Ghost

star 5
    That sounds great. Is any type of art going to be eligible for nomination? Meaning anything from hand drawn, to 3D modeling, to photomanips?

AG88
  3. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Is any type of art going to be eligible for nomination? Meaning anything from hand drawn, to 3D modeling, to photomanips?

I believe that's the idea, AG88--the Art Challenge has always been open to every type of art (at least I don't think it's been restricted to original-image-only things...)--so wallpapers, collages, photomanips etc. would certainly fall into that "art" description. Some prefer the digital arena, others live and die by their pencils (**waves pencils**)--it's all art to me! ;) Correct me if I'm wrong Mme. Moderator, but I think that's how it goes. It'll be fun to see this up and running again!

FF
  4. Corran_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds great! Something new, interesting and fresh stuff - it well should get some new participants! :D

When do you have in mind to start the next challenge? This month, or October?
  5. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    FF got it right in that all mediums will be welcomed. Nothing is going to change in this area from the old challenge.

Good question. I was thinking about starting it up as soon as possible, but then again I don't want to cut the time short for the deadline at the end of the month. I guess it's really up to what you want to do with it and if you think starting it a few days into this month would effect the outcome in any way. :)
  6. Corran_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Now that you mention it, it really might be better to wait 'till October, 'cause the artists would have less than three weeks to submit from now on. Or, you select a third theme and make the first new challenge from September 10th to October 31st, or something.
  7. academygrad88 Force Ghost

star 5
    That sounds good! Gives all of us some extra time to get something in.

AG88
  8. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    I really like that idea! :)

I'll go ahead and post up the new thread either late tonight or tomorrow when I get home from work. As always, your suggestions for subjects are welcomed. ;)
  9. Corran_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Sooo... where's the new challenge? [face_worried]

:p Just kiddin'^^ I'm looking forward to what themes you're up to! :)
  10. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Sorry, I'm getting around to it. :p

Trying to get some school work done and my parents left for Hawaii over the weekend for 2 weeks, so I haven't been home as much. I've been going out every night. :p
  11. academygrad88 Force Ghost

star 5
    The parents are away so the student will play! Party!!![face_peace]

AG88
  12. Nidrail Moderator Emeritus

star 3
    LOL HS!!! I hope your enjoying yourself!!
  13. academygrad88 Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey HS29, if you are having trouble coming up with categories for the challenge I will toss out a few.

You wanted real general categories, right? I was looking through a wonderful Star Wars art book today called Star Wars Panel to Panel. And this is how they broke up their categories:

Heroes and Allies
    Villians and Rogues
    The Jedi
    Spaceships
    The Worlds of Star Wars

Those are pretty broad categories, perhaps one will do for this month's challenge.

AG88
  14. Corran_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    AG88:
    Hmm.... I think they are a bit too broad, actually. [face_thinking] But that could just be me... ^^

HS29: lol, nevermind ;) Enjoy your free time as much as you can! [face_peace]
  15. academygrad88 Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah... maybe she could take the categories and narrow it down a little like Heroes of the Prequel era, or something along that line.

No, I know!! I think we should all make drawings of Luke, preferably in a really sexy pose, how that?! :p

AG88
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.