main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official FanForce Cleveland Celebration III Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by DonC, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I thought it would be a good idea to keep all the CIII discussions to one thread. So here it is, the place where we can talk about all the news that is starting to come out about the event. Just be mindful of what you post as this thread is intended to be Revenge of the Sith spoiler free.

First up is the unveiling of the CIII exclusive action figure. It's Darth Vader and he talks! James Earl Jones has recorded several lines of dialogue just for the action figure. They'll be $15 (including tax) and this time it seems to me like they have a good system in place for limiting these figures. You're only allowed one for each day of the show your badge says you're attending. For example: if you have a 4-day badge you can buy 4 figures. If you have a 1-day badge you can only buy 1 figure. Badges will be hole-punched to ensure no one buys more than their allotted amount of figures. For more on the figure, here's a link to the official site's page about it.

2. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    I can't wait for this new figure, it sounds like I'll at least be able to get my hands on one (or four) this time around (unlike my poor Jorg Sacul that I don't own, thanks to greedy dealers at CII).

Hole-punching the badges does sound practical, but I know a lot of people are going to be up in arms about it, because some (including myself) consider the badge itself as a collectable/memento and don't wish to see it damaged. However, seeing these figures sold fairly does outweigh seeing my badge riddled with holes. Other people will probably raise much more fuss about it.

3. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    YOU SPOILED THE MOVIE FOR ME! I DIDN'T KNOW THAT JAMES EARL JONES WAS GOING TO BE IN EPISODE III?! :p

4. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    *beats Eric with a 2x4*

Directly from the official site: Jones' recorded lines for the figure include: "The dark side of the Force is strong with you;" "Your journey to the dark side is now complete;" "Prepare to experience the Revenge of the Sith. It is your destiny;" and the soon-to-be-legendary "Welcome to Star Wars Celebration III. Never will you find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy." There is also a recording of the iconic Darth Vader breathing.

5. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    I had to buy mine for market value after CII. Like $65 for it. Anyone remember what the CI figure was? I will be getting 4 of this one.

6. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    That sounds awesome! I'm going to have to pick up one of those ;)

7. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    That's great...have to pick up one of those.

THe thing I'm most happy about is that there seems to be (here's hoping) some sort of assurance that everyone who has a C3 lanyard will have an opportunity to purchase one of the figures.

8. obisean

obisean Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 1998
    There was no C1 figure. The gift shop was selling the regular figures that went on sale that weekend. Price was twice the amount of the regular toy stores, I waited until I got home. Watch out in the gift shop, at C1 I bought the Darth Maul Leather letterman's jacket for $300. A C1 "exclusive", later sold on the web site for $100. I felt a bit robbed.

9. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    The first guests have been announced. Stunt coordinator Nick Gillard and wookiee costume-makers Dave & Lou Elsey.

10. Jealously_Guarded

Jealously_Guarded Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2004
    KRASH
    I am out of my element, being from Idaho Fanforce, but I read another post of yours on the C3 boards that got my attention.
    You said that you had video of the Celebration2 costume contest, which is startling as I was not allowed to take video, and could not get video of my 2 year old winning an award in the kid contest.

KRASH, did you tape the whole show, or jsut the good parts? And if you did, can I send you a SASE to get a copy of it? I am interested in the kids, the Wampa, and the alien jedi masters: THe Hammerhead and Plo Koon that showed up. Could we work out an arrangement? Have a Paypal account? Still have the footage? Hope so.

Bernard Finnigan
    Idaho FanForce

11. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Funny thing how at the last event of the weekend, the security troopers started getting more and more relaxed with the lockdown on video cameras ;)

could not get video of my 2 year old winning an award in the kid contest.
    I taped most of the awards ceremonies, and some random stuff...tried to get a shot of everyone on stage, so I'm sure I got what you're looking for.

As for paypal or anthingthing of the sort...buy me a Pepsi at C3 and we'll call it even ;)

12. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    First actors attending have been announced: David Prowse, Jeremy Bulloch, Ray Park and Daniel Logan.

13. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    OMG...I cannot WAIT to meet Ray Park. I was so upset when he didn't go to CII!!!!

Daniel Logan isn't that bad either!

14. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    Even more new people announced to sign autographs...

click me!

15. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Okay, I am really, really shocked at this: Anthony Daniels won't be returning as Master of Ceremonies for CIII. He's apparently unavailable.

This is so unlike Daniels. He usually jumps at the chance for fans to stroke his ego.

16. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    OMG... Anthony NOT hosting...does that mean he wouldn't be there at all?!?!?!?!

17. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Seems that way. Or maybe he'll be there, but only for a couple days instead of all four. I'm sure we'll find out soon. In any case, I'm glad I got to meet him in a less crowded environment in November. :)

18. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Two Fan Club breakfasts announced. $50 will get you an autograph from either Jay Reallyhardnametospell on Friday or Warwick Davis on Sunday, a talking Vader you can sell on eBay to cover the $50 cost and some food.

19. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Too late, they've been sold out this this morning. Very poor notice on the part of Lucasfilm, a lot of people are pissed.

20. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I'm not stressing over it too much, $50 is a bit steep for a breakfast buffet, and a couple seconds with 2 actors.

RL/501st/FF party...priceless!

21. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    The autograph coupon system has been announced. Coupons are $10 each and the actors/actresses/glorified extras each have a specific number of coupons needed for their autograph. So far none are more than 2 coupons, but Celebration III photos are now an additional $5. However if you bring the item you want autographed, you only have to pay for your coupons.

Here's the guest list, with the number of coupons needed as well.

22. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Ralph Brown (2 coupons)
    Episode I - Ric Olie

WTfrellingF? Can somebody explain this one to me? I mean the boat left, and I wasn't on the boat! I just don't get it...$20 for the guy who drove the Queen's starship in TPM? Ray Park...I can see that, Kenny Baker...sure, but Ric Olie????? :eek:

23. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    It looks to me like anyone who actually had a line in one of the movies, or more than one sceen, is 2 coupons. Everyone else is just 1.

24. Douz

Douz Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2000
    Im really hoping to see this list expand even more. Right now...not too thrilled, pleased, but nothing major.

25. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    I don't know if I can afford anymore autograph!!!

What is up with this new $20 for some?!?!?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.