main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The **Official** Fate of Padme Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by ObiMcD, Aug 26, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiMcD

ObiMcD Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I disagree on the grounds that it is too important just to leave it to our imagination. Some things are best left to the imagination, but this isn't one of them!

2. Rilina

Rilina Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2000
    I don't think its entirely left to our imagination--after all, there is Luke and Leia's scene in ROTJ. And considering Leia has to be about 2 (at least) to remember her mother, I just don't think E3 will be long enough to include it.

(BTW, I think it's funny the same issue was being debated in the PSA forum just now. It pretty much ended on 'Well, I guess we'll all know in 2005.)

3. ObiMcD

Jul 31, 2000
    I think i started probably one of the most debatable threads out there, this one will be debated for another 5 years

4. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Well I think the discussion will grow even stronger after 2002.

5. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    Yeah, this is really one of the big things in the prequels. I bet the debate won't die in 2005 but continue. Then we will discuss how well/not well it was done etc.

6. ObiMcD

Jul 31, 2000
    Sorry, i'm bumping it again

7. Miriamidala

Miriamidala Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2000
    I don't think that Padme is killed in front of Anakin, because that would mean that she would have already had to have had Luke and Leia, and since Anakin doesn't know about them, he probably couldn't have been with Padme after they are born. He couldn't have just not seen her for 9 straight months. I, personally, don't want to see Padme die, but I do think that it will somehow have to been shown or explained. Maybe after she finds out that she is pregnant, she goes to tell Anakin, but finds him being lured to the Dark Side. She chooses to not tell him and flees to Alderaan or somewhere more remote, maybe Degobah (Luke: "There's something familiar about this place."), has Luke and Leia, Yoda warns her of the Force that can be sensed when Luke and Leia are together, so she sends Luke(barely past infancy) to live with Owen and Beru and raises Leia for a little while ("She died when I was very young. She was beautiful, kind, but sad..."), then finds out that Palpatine and Anakin are coming to look for her and she doesn't want them to find out about Leia, so she leaves Leia on Alderaan and travels undercover with Obi-wan to another planet. Palpatine searches them out and Obi-wan fights to save Padme, but fails to rescue her from Palpatine's evil clutches. Obi-wan may at this point plead to Anakin to help him rescue Padme, but Anakin refuses, having been influenced by the dark side for too long. Or maybe Palpatine tells Anakin that Padme is okay or something. Anakin fights Obi-Wan and falls into the pit of lava or whatever he falls into. Palpatine comes out of a building, or out of wherever he was with Padme, just in time to use the Force to get Anakin out of the "Lava". Palpatine tells Anakin of Padme's "unfortunate demise" (really caused by Palpy) and maybe says that the Jedi had something to do with it. This would cause Anakin to be more angry, maybe so angry that he then organizes the plan to wipe out all the Jedi. He does this, never knowing what really happened to Padme until maybe Obi-Wan, begging him to stop slaughtering the Jedi, tells him in hopes that he will turn back to the Good Side, but it only makes Anakin more angry and he thinks that Obi-Wan is lying to him. He wipes out the Jedi, with the exception of Yoda and Obi-Wan, who flee at the last minute.

This may not be exactly what happens, but if it does, or soemthing similar does, I think it will happen at the end of Ep.2 with Padme going to another planet to have her children and continue to Ep.3. What do you think of this?

8. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Episode II wont have enough time to show all this. Beside, the children wont probably be born before Ep III.

9. ObiMcD

Jul 31, 2000
    All of the large influental characters are 80% more likely to die in III than II

10. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Never tell me the odds! ;)

11. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Well if Han survived the asteroid field, then a big character can die in ep. II.

12. ObiMcD

Jul 31, 2000
    Didn't you just prove yourself wrong?????

13. ObiMcD

Jul 31, 2000
    Anyway, i really enjoy this heated debate.

14. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Okay, let's do the math.

ANH Luke = 20.
    E3 = 20 years before ANH.

Therefore...
    Luke will be born in or around the time of E3!

15. Obi-Wan McCartney

Obi-Wan McCartney Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 1999
    Ok, nowhere does it say that Vader didn't know he had a son. It is said that if the EMPEROR knew that Vader had any offspring, they would be a threat. That said, it doesn't matter when she dies.

Personally I think Padme should bite it, and bite it big. Padme's death would be such a powerful emotional moment, and such a great plot-point, it would be a waste not to use it.

Personally, there are a number of ways she could die, but I feel she should die at the hands of Vader. He should kill her. Because the way things are going, we are never going to see Anakin as pure evil. His turn to darkness should be total, complete. It should appear that Vader has become as ruthless and as evil as possible. He should be the Michael Corleone of the Star Wars universe. I mean, he should be ruthless enough to kill his wife if need be. Or being fried by the emperor, that works for me too. Like maybe the Emperor fries her for a while, and says, Now, finish her, my young apprentice, and he takes a sabre to her. (We wouldn't see her get sliced, he would raise his sabre and it would be offscreen.)

16. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Vader's evil could be shown by him killing Sabe, dressed as the queen.

Yes, it would be a big emotional scene to see Padme die, but it would also ruin the emotional impact of the scene between Luke and Leia in ROTJ. If Padme dies in Ep. III, then it can't be her that Leia remembers as her mother.

17. ObiMcD

Jul 31, 2000
    Oh, Contrare, it would be if Leia was say 2 or 3 in ep. III (which is quite possible) or this "infant memory" thing is in fact real.

18. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    As I've said:
    ANH Luke (and therefore Leia) = 20.
    ANH = 20 years after E3.

Leia can't be two or three by the time of E3.

19. ObiMcD

Jul 31, 2000
    What if we have another large time gap in between 2-3 say 5-10 years, again i know, and nothing is neccesarily an exact year measurement, your guesses are fairly intelligent but not backed up with more fact than how old they looked and how old the answers were.

20. ObiMcD

Jul 31, 2000
    Who would agree?

21. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    In regards to the time between the movies, I have heard 2-3 years between epII and II. It passes 18 years between epIII and ANH if the ANH manuscript is correct, assuming that the twins are born in epIII. Yes I know the ANH novel states that Luke is 20, but I think the manuscript is more accurate in regards to his age is more accurate.

22. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Well we have had no indications that the twins will be born in Ep. II. I think we can say that if the twins are born in Ep. III, then we wont see Padme's death, because that wouldn't work with ROTJ. If the twins are born between the movies then there is a possibility that we will see that, but why can't Luke remember her then?

23. faubert

faubert Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 5, 2000
    I have been thinking about this and there could be a way for this to play out

In EP 3 we see Anakin's vision of Padme's death. He sees her being killed. Palpatine as Sidous comes to him and tells him that the Jedi will kill her because she will give birht to his child who will help him reach his destiny.

Near the end of EP 3 we will see a final battle on Naboo. During this battle Anakin will be on Palatines side. His mission will be to resuce Padme and her soon to be child.

But he sees the Queen and others dead. He removes the necklace he gave her in TPM and then leaves Naboo.

Anakin orders that Naboo be destroyed in revenge for her death. he leaves Naboo which is destroyed soon after.

We will see Padme on a ship giving birth to her children. The birth will be the last scene.

When we get to the Luke and leia scene we will know that Anakins vision fo Padme's death came true and we will also see that the vision of Anakins children helping him reach his destiny also be true.

24. DavidBrookes

DavidBrookes Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2000
    I disagree - I believe Shmi will die - and this and something to do with Padme will cause Anakin to cross over the Dark Side of the Force.

25. ObiMcD

Jul 31, 2000
    I don't quite get that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.