main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The **Official** Fate of Padme Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by ObiMcD, Aug 26, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I'd like to think that she (in her royal ship) is under an attack from a Star Destroyer (Vader could know that she is ont the ship, and tries to capture her), while pregnant, and gets injured.

To save the children, she must give birth there and then, and does so, but soon after she dies from her injuries.

Obi Wan could take Luke to Tatooine to give to Owen and Beru, and Leia to Alderaan, to give to Bail Organa.

2. ObiMcD

ObiMcD Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    That doesn't make sense because only leia remembers her mother and not luke.

3. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I really liked faubert's scenario. The problem is that I don't think GL is going to make someone see a vision.

4. Goide1

Goide1 Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2000
    I have a possible theory about why Leia remembers Padme, and Luke doesn't. It may sound stupid, but tell me what you think...
    Padme MAY be Force-attuned or something like that, and therefore has some Force abilities. She gives birth to the twins, and as she knows she is in danger, she uses the Force to send images or visions to them so they would remember her. She starts with Leia for some reason possibly because she is the first-born, and Padme is midway through giving her thoughts to Leia, when she encounters some great danger (possibly Vader or some bounty hunters). She must now separate from her children forever and flee for her life. She sadly leaves them and travels far away, not able to finish sending the visions to Leia, and not even sending any to Luke. As Padme is giving her thoughts to Leia, Leia would probably sense the overwhelming sadness in her over Anakin turning to the dark side, or the galaxy being in turmoil. Leia would only remember some of these images over time, and Luke would remember none, as he never received any...

How does this sound? It's just a theory, but I can't think of any other reason why Leia remembers Padme, unless Padme doesn't die in Episode 3 and lives with Leia for a while, which would be rather annoying leaving Padme's fate hanging in the balance...

5. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Why does everybody have to be force sensitive? Ahhhrrg

If Padme had transfered these images to Leia, then why didn't she leave Leia with Obi Wan. If she had done that Leia would have her memories and Padme could have given Luke the images when Obi Wan had left.

I don't think it Padmes faith is hanging loose, even if we don't see her death, we know that she died when Leia was young and that she was sad. I don't need to know anything more.

6. Goide1

Goide1 Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2000
    Heheh.. It was just a theory!!
    Maybe Padme had to leave both children forever, as they were being hunted down by Vader and the bounty hunters. We don't know that Padme goes to Alderaan with Bail Organa and Leia, do we? It's just a rumour isn't it? Luke needed to go with Obi-wan to keep out of Vader's view until he was old enough to use the Force and confront his father. We couldn't have Luke being the diplomat on Alderaan and Leia the one on Tatooine.. It wouldn't work! Also, Padme being Force sensitive could work, and Leia could get Padme's strength or something...Anyway, its just a thought... And not knowing Padme's fate for me would not be good, unless we obviously knew how she died. Padme might have assigned a handmaiden like Sabe as Leia's mother, and Leia could be referring to this person as sad and dying early.. I don't know.. But I think we need to clearly know Padme's fate...

7. Darthkarma

Darthkarma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2000

George's writing style is spare and to the point, which is appropriate in movies where time is valuable. I read somewhere a few years ago where Lucas said that Leia's comments to Luke about their mother WERE the tying of the loose ends regarding her character She's mentioned nowhere else in the OT. He wanted to at least reference her. That's where we learn what became of her, if only in shorthand.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist (or a Nabooian, whosa brains isa so big) to figure out a former Queen of a planet who sees her husband and the father of her children turn completely evil, would grow melancholy and eventually die of despair in exile. That's pretty much it.

8. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    It could have worked with Luke on Alderaan. He would have been named Organa and been raised as Bail's kid. Leia would have kept the name Skywalker and lived on Tatooine. They are both force sensitive, and we don't know who's the stronger.

If Padme had given Leia to Sabe, than the scene in ROTJ wouldn't be so powerful, if we know that she is just remembering a decoy.

This is a compromise: Luke and Leia are born. Ben takes Luke to Tatooine. Padme is very weak, and maybe ill, she goes to Alderaan, but the audience will understand that she won't live for long. But we don't know for how long, maybe she survived for a year or so leaving Leia with the memories of her mother. I don't believe it will be like that but nothing is impossible.

9. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    If Padme is dead by the final credits of Episode III - even if she dies off-screen - I will personally send $20 to every member of this thread who was right....even though you won't be. ;)

10. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I can help you hew, because we will simply not see Padme die.

11. Obi-Wan McCartney

Obi-Wan McCartney Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 1999
    Dude, that's what Chyren was saying too, and I hope to see that conceited ego-maniac wrong.

Why can't she die? This Leia remembering her is bunk, because this is so minor and incidental it won't make any difference. The novel even states he remembers her from "flashes from infancy," plus she is a Jedi baby, so she can remember, no problem.

Plus, like I said, it is such a huge plot element, it would be a waste to not use it.

12. Goide1

Goide1 Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2000
    Hehe.. Imagine the interest earned on that $20 if we banked it now until 2005!!!! :)

Anyway.. What makes you think that Padme won't die. I know she probably won't, due to the fact that Leia remembers her, but why would she continue living on past Episode 3? And how would we know her fate.. How could you be certain that she did die?

13. ObiMcD

Jul 31, 2000
    Well, i'm beginning to be convinced that maybe she won't die, persay, but we will know of her fate by ep. III

14. Obi-Wan McCartney

Aug 17, 1999
    I am out for blood. I want her dead.

15. Goide1

Goide1 Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2000
    But how will we know her fate if she doesn't die. We cannot be sure of what happens to her....

16. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Well Leia states that her mother died when she was young. By the way Padme probably goes to Alderaan and we all know what happened to that planet.

17. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Obi Anne, I agree with you, but Amidala going to Alderaan at the end of E3 doesn't necessarily mean she died in the destruction of Alderaan. She could have actually died when Leia was young. Besides, she may go to Alderaan, but that's no guarantee she'll stay there for 20 years.

18. ObiMcD

Jul 31, 2000
    Um.... Leia says she died when she was VERY young, i don't think 20 years counts. If that was true, she would have remembered more.

19. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Yeah, I think Obi Anne is saying what could have happened if Amidala didn't actually die, Leia just thought she did.

20. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I mean that everything that was left of Padme disappeard with Alderaan. She was probably buried there, so there can't actually be such a big question what finally happend to her.

21. ObiMcD

Jul 31, 2000
    What if Padme survived but someone told leia she had died and she helped fight the war against the empire, i know really farfetched.

22. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I think it would be hard for such a strong character to remain unknown in the rebellion.

23. Lady Phoenix

Lady Phoenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 14, 1999
    Hmmm... I hadn't really thought about this before, but I think I'll have to agree with most of you that we'll get more details by the end of EpIII. It would just be too odd to have a fairly important character in the saga drop off the face of the... uh... series until ROTJ.

As for whether she'll bite the bullet or not by EpIII, I'll just say that I hope not. Yes, I agree that there's some potential for some great material there, but I think there's also a risk of getting into some major cliches, too. No thanks!

24. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Exactly!

25. Obi-Wan McCartney

Aug 17, 1999
    Come on! She has to die. Plus, timeline shmimeline. In the ROTJ novel it clearly states that Leia remembers her mother from "flashes from infancy," which is indeed CANON, so I think it would be ok if Padme died. I mean, Bail Organa is going to have a shady end with the destruction of Alderaan anyway, but Padme too? Come on!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.