main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The **Official** Fate of Padme Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by ObiMcD, Aug 26, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    We don't mean that Padme died when Alderaan was destroyed, but everything that was left of her did. I still think it's impossible for a child to remember her mother if they are separated by birth. No, Padme has to take care of Leia for at least some months.

2. ObiMcD

ObiMcD Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I see.

3. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    It's pretty well accepted in the world of psychology today that no child is capable of forming memories before the age of two. Leia's being Force-sensitive would have nothing to do with it, either - it's just a biological fact that the hippocampus isn't very well developed in young children, and we haven't seen any evidence that the biological development of Force-sensitive kids is any faster than that of normal kids. So that pretty well proves Padme can't die until at least two years after E3.

4. Goide1

Goide1 Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2000
    But we're not talking about the world of psychology here.. This is Star Wars!!!!!
    ANYTHING can happen!!!
    :)

5. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    But it's not good either if the SW universe is too far from our, it would loose some of it's feeling.

6. Goide1

Goide1 Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2000
    It's not too far out from ours... It's just far out enough to be able to make great speculations like these.
    :)

7. ObiMcD

Jul 31, 2000
    Will we see blood, know her fate by other means, or will she just fade away?

8. Obi-Wan McCartney

Obi-Wan McCartney Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 1999
    I think she should die a horrible tragic death. Get some tears in the theater, including mine.

9. ObiMcD

Jul 31, 2000
    Interesting opinion

10. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    But don't you think it would be equally tragic to have a character as strong as Padme just fade away?

11. Goide1

Goide1 Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2000
    Yes.. It may be sad, maybe even equally sad to her dying, if she just faded away. BUT, not knowing her fate by the end of Episode 3 would be highly annoying and not a good end to the plot, unless GL clearly states what happened to her.. If he doesn't, how can we be sure she really did die? Or the nature of her death for sure?

12. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    The most tragic would be to see her fade away. I mean this is the strong queen that goes out and saves her planet, and then she disappears into nothing. I'm already crying when I see ROTJ when Leia tells Luke that their mother died when she was very young.

Think about it, in TPM Padme has probably already lived more than half her life.

13. Obi-Wan McCartney

Aug 17, 1999
    Yeah, its tragic to think about, but a good old Shakespearian death would just rock the house. We have yet to see a woman killed, and I feel this would be the real thing to drive him over the edge. His mother, come on, I mean, that is so lame. Losing your mother, who you haven't seen since you were 9 doesn't seem half as maddening as losing your one true love in a senseless death. Didn't anyone see Braveheart? I mean, they killed his dad, and he cried and he was heartbroken, they killed his woman, and he tore the Brits a new one!

14. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    I think losing your mother would be pretty irritating as well.

15. ObiMcD

Jul 31, 2000
    Do you think that GL will tell us of her fate?

16. Thomasgalvin

Thomasgalvin Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2000
    I DON'T THINK VADER WOULD ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN. IN TPM. PADME BECAME HIS FIRST FRIEND OFF TATOOINE. AND WHO WOULD BEAR THE THOUGHT OF SEEING THE WOMAN THEY LOVE BEING MURDERED RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEIR EYES? EXCUSE ME WHILE I GO GET A TISSUE, THIS IS MAKING ME SAD.

17. Obi-Wan McCartney

Aug 17, 1999
    That's why it would rock.

18. Goide1

Goide1 Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2000
    I don't know how GL will tell us Padme's fate, unless she dies..If she doesn't die, how will we know her fate? I don't see any other possibility, unless there is a 3rd trilogy.. and GL said that there won't be one.. I hope he surprises us!
    Also.. Come to think of it, Padme probably has lived half of her life by TPM. If she either died by the end of Episode 3, or when Leia was just a few years old, that would be true. She is 14 in Episode 1, and will be somewhere around 26 in Episode 3.. It's nothing important.. just an observation.
    Anyway, I still think that the only way we can truly know Padme's fate, is if she dies by the end of Episode 3. If anyone can think of any other way possible, I would really like to hear it. Also, to everyone participating in this topic, do you want Padme to DIE by the end of episode 3, or do you want her to LIVE?

Oh yeah, and also.. How will we watch her just "fade away"??? She wouldn't fade away in Episode 3 most likely, so how would we see this happen to her?

19. ObiMcD

Jul 31, 2000
    To answer your two questions. A. Anakin could have a vision of her fate and B. What we meant by fade away is that we don't know what happens to her inbetween 3 and 4.

20. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    I see her fading away as symbolic of her death. Somehow the visual image would show us how she "dies". I have a strong liking to symbolism.

About Anakin's mother, I think his memory of her is very much alive in epII though he hasn't seen her in ten years. That's why I think Anakin losing Shmi could be very painful.

21. Goide1

Goide1 Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2000
    Yeh.. I know that fading away means living through Episode 3 being very upset etc... But I don't think an Anakin vision would do the trick.. What would it show? It couldn't be as moving as her death.. and what could it possibly show?? So if we don't see a vision of her fading away, how will we ever find out her fate? In Episode 3 she will not be sulking in the darkness the whole time.. she will be involved in some big battle and action like all Star Wars films, meaning that we won't see her fade away in Epi 3, therefore not knowing her true fate. Sure, there could be a few moments in the film where she is very depressed, but it would not be emotional.. especially not as emotional as her death... I don't think a vision of Anakin's could work because 1) What would it show? It would not be moving, and 2) Not all visions are correct.. After all, I don't think Palpatine forsaw Leia, or Vader killing him.. But you never know..
    Are there any other ways of showing her fading away besides that.. I'd like to hear them.. I still think her death would be very moving and emotional, and a good plot move..
    I'd like to know that IF she did die, how do you all think that she would die? Palpatine force-lightning her? Another way? Let me know...

22. Obi-Wan McCartney

Aug 17, 1999
    Since they didn't show Luke's vision, they shouldn't show Anakin's. Maybe Palpatine should induce Anakin into force-meditation, and he should see Padme's fate. Of course, I think that we should also see her bite it. Blown up in a ship would be kind of cool too.

23. Goide1

Goide1 Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2000
    Good point with Anakin's vision. Yeah, Padme could be blown up in a ship. A possibility could could be Obi-wan having a rendezvous with Padme at a certain place. Padme was in danger so Obi wasn't sure if she would make it, but we see her ship flying towards him.. (he is standing on the ground watching)..Triumphant music begins to play and we hear Padme's voice.. Suddenly she is cut short, the music abruptly stops and her ships explodes. Obi-wan stares in disbelief as a ship behind hers (possibly Boba Fett?),turns around and jumps into hyperspace after completing its mission. Then a sad Force theme could blare as her fate becomes a reality and is realised. If that was properly done it could be sad.. although I don't generally think just her ship being destroyed would be too upsetting.
    The most moving one would be that she could be wounded and die a slow death, with Obi-wan at her side. All the while, a sad Force theme could be playing....
    Or perhaps, she could die defending Naboo. Maybe Palpatine has some superweapon, and camera shows her back to us, standing upright and gazing into the distance. In this shot we can also see the large battle station hovering above Naboo. Then cameras go to show a laser being shot from the weapon and Naboo exploding or being hit or something.. this one would work the least, as I don't think that there would be a Death Star equivalent yet..
    Anyway, if she does die, I want a very moving Force theme to be played during the event...

24. jamesdrax

jamesdrax Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2000
    This thread seems very popular.

Anyway, there is another subject that interests me. How do we know that Ep3 takes place direcly after Ep2. Through this, Ep3 could take place over about 2 or 3 years for Leia to remember Padmé and ultimately see her climatic death (if any).

Uncommon for a Star Wars film take place over such a long time, but could also lengthen the film to give the main characters and the plot more screen time.

25. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    The twins wont be in Ep.II, and I don't think GL lets them be born out of the screen. This mean that we will see them be born in Ep.III and Leia won't be old enough to remember Padme in the end of Ep.III.

I don't think we will see Padme die, but maybe Amidala. Maybe Padme takes off her royal dress in a ceremonial way, then Sabé get dressed in it and we see Sabé get killed. Then everybody would think that Padme is dead and she can go into hiding, without anyone noticing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.