main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The official FF / 501st / RL Party Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Uilmuteiz, Feb 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    When
    To be announced
    Where
    A ballroom of the Hyatt
    How Much
    To be announced

Stay tuned for more details.

Edit:
    Speculation is now over!...please visit here for all details.

2. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    Soooo much wrong info. The thread should read

The Offical FF / 501st / RL Party

Not unless FF is planning to do their own party.

We have already reserved the entire Hyatt Ballroom for the party and yes there will be a mic system. Planning is already under way for the party. There will be no additional info on it till late summer.

It will more than likley be on Friday night but we will be talking with LFL and Gencon to make sure it will not conflict with other activities. Cost will be anywhere from $1.00 to $40.00. It is way to early to even think about price, last time there was food this time there might not be...All that factors into price.

Here is the ONLY information that is confirmed:

There will be a party
    It will be at the Hyatt

That is all

Move along

3. Porkins_Dietician

Porkins_Dietician Jedi Master star 1

Jan 16, 2002
  4. zuckuss1138

zuckuss1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    incom has spoken

5. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    If it's for the 501st, I'm assuming that Dress armor is required? :p

6. BobaBen

BobaBen Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    i will be there

Ben

7. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    No, for those who dress up, this would be more like party style of dress up seen at Dragon*con. ;) The point is to have a good time and talk with people, not stand around and sweat to death hiding in your armor. But hey, I don't and probably will never have a costume...so if you want to wear yours, be my guest.

8. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    How about an officer's uniform?

9. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Whatever floats your dianoga. :)

10. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    Why do you have to pay so much? $20 to attend a party? I understand that people need to pay for food, renting the space and so on, but think of how many people will be there. You could charge people $10 a head would more than be enough if you think about the # of attendees.

11. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    Thanks for the info Incom4, when I started this thread I took the info I had at the time, basically what happenned last time. I'll make the adjustments.

Edit: Oh yeah, I hope you'll have food, that way I'll have something to eat on the night of the party, no need to run around before it begins :D

As for the price, it's not set yet, but I agree that 40$ seems a bit much..

12. Incom4

Mar 4, 2001
    The larger the space the MORE is cost. Last time we rented half of the ballroom and had food thus $20.00 per person. This time we are getting the WHOLE ballroom minus the food (Maybe) so cost should be around the same. If you wanna complain about the price...do not go. There are allot more costs to this than most people realize.

For a history lesson please read this thread

C2 501st/FF/RL Party

More Info

13. zuckuss1138

Oct 26, 2001
    incom has spoken again

14. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Yeah, we're talking around 6 figures in total to pull off that party...Friday night downtown ballroom fees are ridiculous, but the demand is high and their price setters took Econ 101...add onto that close to 10% Sales & Entertainment taxes (give or take), and you get about $20 per ticket. I think we just barely covered all the costs when it was all said and done, and one (maybe two) of our (Indy Knights) memebers had to front a sizable chunk of cash on their credit cards in order for it to happen.

15. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, that was a fun credit card bill to get...

I think that another thing that some people don't realize is that the hotel also charges per person that attends the party, so the bigger the party the bigger the price.

That being said, we had alot of people that complained about the price of the party in the thread that we had then. However, at and after the party, not a single person stated having a problem with the price. I think that speaks for itself. It was a great time and the next one will be even better.

But, if that is not enough, then start now and save $2 per month until Celebration. Then, you will have enough money to cover the admission to the party hopefully with some left over!!! :)

16. Incom4

Mar 4, 2001
    If I recall Whojedi the party was $12,238.00 with tax

17. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    I don't mind paying a higher price if it can help out.

How come the Hyatt can charge per head count??? that's a way to make money and that's the first time I hear about that.

Wow.. I'd never thought they'd dare..

I'm shocked :eek:

Isn't that illegal or something.. after all you're renting a ballroom and such ballroom can only fit so many people.. therefore they should charge in account for that.. but per head !?!? wow...

18. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Yeah that does seem absurd. I just had a wedding and every ballroom in our area charged a flat fee for the space. I guessing the additional fee is the per head fee for food. When you have a catered gathering that size they need an accurate head count. And catering for an event can be $10-$30 a head.

So I guess all in all it is not that ridiculous...

19. Incom4

Mar 4, 2001
    There is a flat fee for the room but you have to pay per person for the food. We are also limited to the amount of people per the fire code.

20. NorvelleJedi05

NorvelleJedi05 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2002
    This time I'll be there.

21. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I missed out on the party last time because I was spending time with my new official Fan Force. (We became official on Thursday night. :))

I would love to come this time, and I'm planning on it... but where to dump the parents while I'm there...? ;)

22. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    Just a quick little 14-months 'til the party update:

We officially have the Hyatt Ballroom reserved for this event on Friday night of C3. For those who went last time, we only used less than half of the ballroom. This time around we are using the whole thing. That should give you some idea of the size of party that we are looking at...

BIG BABY!!!

23. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Excellent. :D This looks like it will be a party to remember.

24. zuckuss1138

Oct 26, 2001
    i doubt i'll remember much of it

25. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    If I recall Whojedi the party was $12,238.00 with tax

That's all??? I used to be a conference/special events manager and I used to see bills upwards of $40,000 for a dinner for 400 people!

Hotels are in the business of making money . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.