main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The official FF / 501st / RL Party Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Uilmuteiz, Feb 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    Oh yeah!!! Full bars. However, if you are looking for foofoo drinks, you are going to be out of luck. They will have margaritas on ice, but that is about as foofoo as it is going to get.

Beer, mixed drinks, wine, and Red Bull...they will have all four basic food groups.

2. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    The hell is a foofoo drink?

Oh and I'm glad to know it just won't be beer!

3. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I think they mean traditional girly drinks. :p

4. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    will they stuff like Mikes hard lemonade?

5. whojedi

Nov 14, 2001
    Hey Seb, just an idea, but when we post the official info, lets start a new thread for this.

6. Jedi_Lite

Jedi_Lite Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    I need to go to this.

7. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    So it's $20 already and no open bar? Heck of a cover charge...I'm on a budget, so that kinda puts me on the fence if I want to go or not. If it was open bar, sure...
    Maybe I'll just get in for free. *Waving hand* "You don't need to see my identification."

Oh and I plan on being an official 501st member by then, a shoutout to all the TIE pilots! w00t.

8. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Yeah Jay, when the official info is ready there will be a new thread. :)

Edit:
    $20 helps cover the room, the food, and $2 will be donated to the Katie Johnson fund, which has been posted about at other places, and I don't have the details with me, but basically she's the 6 year-old daughter of the 501st's founder and has cancer, and we hope to raise a decent chunck of change to help with her medical bills.

It was around $17 last time, a by most accounts, the best time to be had at C2. In the big scheme of things that weekend, $20 shouldn't make or break anything...you'll spend part of that just to eat dinner that night, so why not have it with us? :D

9. Jedi_Lite

Jun 2, 2002
    Sebulba makes a great point. Too bad it's not open bar though. ;)

10. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    My apologies...I complain about money a lot since I just never have enough of it lol (Curse the bill collectors, they're the real-life Empire). For $20, that does sound good, food included is a deal in itself. I thought it was more or less just a drinking-type party. And $2 to the Katie Johnson fund - I heard about the unfortunate news regarding this, and that is simply awesome that some of the proceeds are going to that. If I'm going to join the 501st, its the least I can do to thank the founder of it.
    I was going to go out to bars anyway, but I figure drinking with fellow SW fans is much more...entertaining [face_laugh] And cheaper, I hope. Downtown bar prices, sheesh, it's worse than gas prices. Anyway, in conclusion, pardon my complaining, I stand corrected, and I am definitely going!

P.S. Can I volunteer to be a bartender? I'll have a drink of everything to make sure it's not harmful for everyone else [face_devil]

P.P.S. And now that I think of it...open bar might be disasterous. We would probably all be on the floor the next morning, and in the hallways. It'd be like a re-enactment of that Tantive IV scene in ANH with troopers all over the floor, rofl.

11. whojedi

Nov 14, 2001
    I am sure the price issue will come up quite a bit, it did last time as well, so don't feel bad for asking.

Just to cover all similar questions that I am sure will pop up in the future, here is my one time and one time only explination on the reason for the $20 price tag.

We are renting the entire ballroom at the Hyatt for the entire evening. We are also providing security guards for the event. In addition, we have to rent all of the electronic equipment from the Hyatt.

We are also providing bars for people to get their drinks (which we negotiated to be the exact same price as the drinks from the bar at the second floor of the Hyatt). The bars are essentially free since they are cash bars. We could have done an open bar, but the price per ticket would have been around $40 or $50 (that is probably being conservative). Not very economically reasonable for MOST people who will already be spending quite a bit of money at C3.

The food is per person charge, period, no exceptions. So, we could either charge what we charge, or have a lower ticket price but cut the number of people allowed in party down at least half. We really don't want to exclude anyone, but the Hyatt has a max of 1000 people so that is the reason for that number.

All of these charges added together come to over $17 per person once you add in the required taxes and gratuity for the hotel (do the math to figure the total charge, alot).

This leaves maybe $2 or $3 left over to go to Katie's fund for each ticket sold.

So, there you have it. The complete breakdown of the cost. If you see anyone asking about the price in the future, please refer them to this post.

All in all, we want this to be a party that all can come to if they choose and be able to do so at a reasonable price. I think that when you see everything that we are providing for the price, everyone will be more than satisfied. Last time, we had quite a few people complain about the price of the party before it happened. However, after the party, not one person ever said a word about feeling like they didn't get their monies worth. To me, that says it all.

If you feel like you are getting a bum deal, you are not going to offend anyone by just not coming. However, I think that you will be gravely disappointed if you don't attend this event. It is slowly turning into a HUGE event.

There are many additional suprises that are in the works that cannot be mentioned at this time. But, they will not add any costs to the party. They will just be added incentive to come.

Whew, that wore me out...I need a Corona!!!

Peace, Love and Star Wars!!!

12. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    $20 sounds very reasonable to me. I really hope that the tickets are released while the exchange rate between $ and Swedish kronas are the same as today. ;)

13. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Sounds good to me!

Another request, if it's not too much to ask...

Can the food plates (I'm assuming it's buffet style or finger foodage) have lables for the diet restrictive? Simple things like 'contains meat' or what not... I haven't eaten meat in many years and you would be surprised how hard it can be... if a soup has meat based broth, I might not know it when I eat it but my body sure does afterwards. :(

14. whojedi

Nov 14, 2001
    There will be 3 or 4 food staions out at any particular time. They will include a meat serving station as well as various some snack foods and vegetable trays.

Keep in mind that the food is not designed to be a "meal" per say for everyone. The price for that would have been incredibly higher. However, what we have set up is much better than just snacky type food.

15. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Will it be possible to reserve tickets? I imagine the tickets will be going pretty fast (when they are released) and I'd hate to lose out on getting the two tickets I'll require.

16. whojedi

Nov 14, 2001
    Tickets will go on sale shortly. The "official" big announcement with all answers to all questions will be posted soon and this will also announce exactly when tickets go on sale.

17. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    $20 sounds pretty good to me!

18. Jedi_Lite

Jun 2, 2002
    How long did the party "last" the last time?

19. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I can hadly wait!! [face_dancing] yahoo!!!

20. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    This sounds like this will be a ROCKIN' party!! I think I asked this before, but will people be wearing their costumes, or will be a fairly casual party? I ask, becuase I don't want to be the only one in costume!!

Also...how will people be able to pay for the tickets? Will we be able to use Paypal, or will we have to send a money order. AND...how will we be picking up our tickets? Will they be mailed to us, or will we pick them up in Indy?

Thanks for listening!! Take care! And let's have fun at this thing!!!

21. whojedi

Nov 14, 2001
    All of your questions will be answered shortly. We are working on complete the official announcement now and hopefully it will be posted in the next few days.

22. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Will, (trust me) even though $ is tight for alot of us at the moment, this is one of those types of events that's worth the price of admission.

Getting into the party...$20
    Helping out a little girl and her family...$2
    An evening with who knows how many friends from all 3 boards...priceless!

Regardless, there will be plenty of time to spend with friends from all 3 groups. But the idea of having so many people in one place just makes it all that more interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.