main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official FF Celebration 2 / Indianapolis Info Thread and FAQ

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Sebulba-X, Feb 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    The Official Be All End All Star Wars FanForce Celebration II Indianapolis Info Thread and FAQ

As the updates flow in and questions continue to be raised (and hopefully answered), we?ll make it a point to update and clarify this information as often as we can. Last Updated 8:15 AM Indy Time 04/23/02.

Brought to you by Indy Knights: Hoosier Daddy, Luke?, FanForce.Net , and the letter ?C? and number ?2?.

Contents
    1. The Basics
    2. Schedule of Events
    3. Other Events in Indy During C2
    4. Guests & Autographs
    5. Celebration Events, Areas, & Exhibits
    6. Driving Directions
    7. Indianapolis International Airport Info
    8. Concerning C2, Security, & Costume Weapons
    9. Concerning Film & Video Cameras
    10. Food
    11. Other Resources
    12. Misc Points of Interest & Factoids
    13. Fan Force / TFN Presence
    14. Pictures
    15. References

[image=http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2001/09/img/c2_logo.gif]
    When?
    May 3, 4, and 5, 2002

Where?
    Indianapolis Convention Center and RCA Dome
    100 South Capitol Avenue
    Indianapolis, Indiana 46225
    United States of America

What for?
    To Celebrate the Star Wars saga with Star Wars fans from across the galaxy. Star Wars Celebration II will herald the opening of Episode II Attack of the Clones and commemorate the 25th anniversary of the release of Star Wars: A New Hope.

How much?
    Cost & Age Restrictions:
    Celebration II:
    3-Day Adult Pass (13 and older): $75
    3-Day Child Pass (Ages 6-12): $35
    Children under 6: Free
    Single day passes are $30 each for adult, $15 for children

Schedule of Events:
    Friday, May 3rd ? 10 AM ? 8 PM

9 AM ? 7 PM ? Attendee Registration
    10 AM ? 11 AM ? Exhibit Hall open to Fan Club Members only
    10AM ? 6 PM ? Celebrity Autograph Sessions (varies by celeb, with breaks for lunch and other events)
    11 AM ? 6 PM ? Exhibit Hall open to all attendees
    11 AM ? Noon ? ?Digital Storyboards - the Art of Animatics? Presented by Dan Gregoire - Naboo - Rooms 201-204
    11 AM ? 6 PM ? Art Show Hours
    11 AM ? 6 PM ? Celebration II Store Hours (all attendees permitted)
    Noon ? 1 PM ? ?Displaying and Preserving Your Collection? Presented by Todd Chamberlain, Philip Wise, and Josh Ling ? Bespin - Program Room
    12:30 PM ? Star Wars Trivia Contest
    1 PM ? 2 PM ? ?How to Make an Action Figure? Presented by Ron Salvatore, Chris Georgoulias, and panelists from Hasbro and Gentle Giant ? Bespin - Program Room
    1:30 PM ? 5:30 PM ? ½ of the Star Wars 25th Anniversary Concert tickets will be on sale at a special ticket booth on the south end of the main floor in the Convention Center, near the Celebration Store.
    2 PM ? 3 PM ? ?Collecting 25 Years Ago? Presented by Todd Chamberlain, Duncan Jenkins, and Ed Albano ? Bespin - Program Room
    2 PM ? 3PM ? ?Building the Geonosian Arena - An Hour with the ILM Model Shop? Presented by Don Bies, Nelson Hall, Lorne Peterson, John Goodson - Tatooine - 500 Ballroom
    3 PM ? 4 PM ? ?Star Wars Collectibles Roadshow? Presented by Lisa Stevens, Gus Lopez, and Chris Fawcett ? Bespin - Program Room
    3:30 PM ? Star Wars Trivia Contest
    4 PM ? 5 PM ? ?The Art of Star Wars? Presented by Bill Plumb ? Bespin - Program Room
    5 PM ? 6 PM ? ?Ask the Hasbro Star Wars Team? ? Presented by Paul Palmer of Hasbro and staff ? Bespin - Program Room
    6 PM ? Star Wars Opening Ceremony
    8 PM ? Star Wars Double Feature in Tatoonie

2. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    Wow, Seb. This is great! If you haven't already, I suggest you let TF.N know about this thread so they can post a direct link from their main page. ANYBODY who is planning on attending the Celebration would greatly benefit from this FAQ. All the hard work that you and the Indy Knights have put into this is greatly appreciated, and I look forward to meeting you guys there!

One thing of interest in your FAQ was the costumes/weapons policy. I love the way the guy said "... the nature... of our fans". HA! HA! Indianapolis has no idea what's in store for them. For three days, the city will have the highest lightsaber to person ratio in the world! LOL! But in all seriousness, it will be interesting to see how the various airlines handle all the stuff that will be transported to and from Indianapolis.

3. TK670

TK670 Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2002
    aaaauuuuggghhh...too...much...information...head...going...to...explode... [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Seriously though, great info. I will file it away for reference.

Thanks! :D

4. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Good point about airline travel with fake weapons...I'll look around and see what (if anything) I can dig up about the Indy Intl Airport's security on such things.

Keep the ideas/suggesitons coming. I've already got the "autographs" issue on my list.

5. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Argh! Missed the editing time...

If someone could reply with / PM me the Snowboard coding to open links in another window I'd appreciate it.

I know it has something to do with target="_blank" ...just don't know where to put it and in the [ link= www.indyknights.com ] Indy Knights [ /link] format. Thanks.

6. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Seb-X, as always, you rock. :) Keep up the fabulous work.

7. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    Updated on request. Thanks, Seb! :D

8. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    This is an awesome piece of work Seb, keep up the good work.

9. Boba_Binks

Boba_Binks Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 2001
    Wow! Great work!!

I have some confirmed information and some other information that I am trying to get sorted out that I will share with the officers at the next meeting.
    HINT, HINT OFFICERS!!
    They can decided if it should be shared with the rest of the group.
    Some I am sure will be ok then there is some that must be kept somewhat secret.
    Till the next meeting. :)

10. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Such a tease. [face_laugh]

Hey, I'm an officer of IK, feel free to spill those beans a tad early. I've got two pics that I can "Quid Pro Quo Claireece" with. ;) Promise I won't through you in the pit under my house either. [face_devil]

//puts away cianti & fava beans

11. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Impressive, most impressive.

Great work! You are the man.

12. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    :D Way to go Sebulba.. Thanks for all the info. I always get a kick out of your pictures.

13. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Thanks for compiling all of this!

14. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    Glad to hear about all the actors that will be in attendance and that there will be an autograph session unlike Celebration I.

15. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Updated info about Free Comic Day & Pic and also the section on Fan Force members who are coming.

16. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Found out Biggs Darklighter is coming and added him on.

Edit:
    Bigger update...Motterman pointed me to this site which is a catch all agency calendar (I guess) for a variety of SW and other sci-fi actors. Assuming it has no reason to lie about such things, it newly confirms the following: Paul Blake (Greedo), Kenneth Colley (Admiral Piett), Michonne Bourriague (Aurra Sing), & Mike Edmonds (Logray)

Interesting enough, Bill Hootkins (Jek Porkins), Jerome Blake (Rune Haako & tons more), & Angus McInnus (Dutch) are listed at that site as well, but not for C2.

17. GeonosianWarrior

GeonosianWarrior Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2002
    I am so glad I get to go this year. I was going to go to C1 but a family member died and I couldn't make it. It was also in Colorado, and I'm in Kentucky. But this year, its only a five hour drive, and hopefully no one will die, lol, so I'll probably be there. Are any of you planning on grouping up and meeting each other? If so, I would love to be involved. Here in KY, hardly anyone likes Star Wars, and I hate it. I need to be around more fans. I will only be there one day only though. Oh well, just one day is quite enough for me. I also just got a job and all of my paychecks between now and then will go to memorabilia and other stuff.

It's going to be incredibly awesome. I can't wait.

18. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Added some links to some sightseeing attractions for those of you dragging non-SW fans along with you...just above the "Guest List".

Edit: and added the Phoenix Fan Force delegation.

19. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    Great job Sebulba-X ! :D

I have to say that although the hype for a STAR WARS movie may never again reach that levels of TPM, one major difference that I'm seeing this year vs. '99 when Episode I came out is the amount of organization by many in coordinating not only the SW Celebration, but also the fan force chapters, ticket lines, information websites etc... It should definitely make things more fun and enjoyable for everyone involved.

Thanks for playing a major part in that Sebulba-X ;) Your efforts are appreciated.

20. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Just remember me in your will... that's S-E-B-U-L-B-A *Dash* X, Indianapolis, IN..... ;)

21. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    I know it's been said few times already..
    Thank you, thank you Sebulba-X for th helpful info and updates..

{I can't wait!!!}

22. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    :~)

Can one of you locals tell us what the weather is generally like out there around the beginning of May?

23. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Other than snow, your guess is as good as mine. Since I can remember race days easier (in this case, the Indy 500 at the end of May)...it will either be sweltering hot, perfectly sunny with a nice breeze, 40 degrees with miserably drizzling rain, 60 degree terenchal downpour, 50 degress & overcast, etc, etc.

What I can guarantee: Inside ICC: around 72 degrees with a slight breeze coming from the applauding crowds. Florescent lights, with a chance of laser ligthing and flash bulbs.

24. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Also, just to let you know, there is a higher chance of tornadoes in May as well. Fortunately because of our big tall buildings and I guess sort of being in a valley, Indianapolis is pretty safe from getting one, especially downtown. But if you're driving, please be careful!

*goes back to converting the C2 FAQ into html and contemplating going to school*

25. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Why go to school? I put a Sesame Street link in at the very beginning...this thread has everything....no need for school, sunlight, a real life.... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.