main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official FF Celebration 2 / Indianapolis Info Thread and FAQ

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Sebulba-X, Feb 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaximusVader

MaximusVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2001
    That's true. I remember a quote saying that they would have people from in front of and behind the camera. So far, McCallum is the only behind the scenes person coming so far.

And he will most likely be drunk.

So who else can we count on from behind the scenes?

2. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    A lot of the authors and artists will be at various tables and probably availabe for autographs (for free to I think). I know there was one artist listed that will actually be working in the kids area teaching them how to draw villians.

Heard zero about behind the scenes people...just have to wait for the Official site to spill those beans.

3. MaximusVader

Oct 16, 2001
    "Celebration II will present three separate stages featuring celebrities from all parts of the Star Wars galaxy. From the screen, to the back lot, to the effects shop, to the sketchpad, to the novel keyboard - the guests at Celebration II will represent all facets of Star Wars talent from all eras of the saga. Come see your favorite players, and the new faces of fresh talent. Attend interviews, Question & Answer sessions, and more with the people who make Star Wars, well...Star Wars."

There it is. Maybe WotC is "waiting" to unveil the behind the scenes people at the convention....kind of like they are waiting to do a lot of other stuff until they get to Indy.

Sorry.....just bitter at WotC right now. Still no response from them on ANY of my questions.

4. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    MaximusVader: I would try calling Rob Bane or someone at WotC. I sent numerous emails to Mr. Bane regarding the weapons issue and never recieved a response. I called him today and I got an answer.

5. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    What was the response on the weapons issue? Are toy blasters okay?

6. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
  7. MaximusVader

Oct 16, 2001
    Well, Nick is coming.....behind the scenes person number two.

Very nice.

8. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Updated Fan Force Chapters...added 4 names to the unconfimred list. Meesa tink dey lista es no bombad. Okiday?

9. MaximusVader

Oct 16, 2001
    Where are you getting the info on the unconfirmed people? Is that just a fan wishlist or something??

10. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    No wishlist. From what I've been told it's from a planning schedule....there are some bigger names left on it, but negotiations are still in place. If I tell you any more, I'll have to ban you. ;)

Crap, forgot to check the official site...Apologies to Nick Gillard...I'll get him up on Monday.

Wow, the concert ticket looks pretty cool:
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2002/04/img/c2_concertticket_bg.jpg]

11. KINNISON

KINNISON Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    Hey Sebulba-

Will the official Site confirm people on your unconfirmed list soon?

How many actors will autograph on your unconfirmed list?

I would love to get Wedge, Sebulba, and Watoos autographs. The big names will probably be impossible to get.

This convention is getting better and better as time draws near.

Stay on Target! Stay on Target!!

12. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    As you've most likely seen elsewhere, the C2 autograph list is final. Bonnie Piesse was the last person to be added.

13. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I think the only autograph I might get is Carrie Fisher. Well, I hope I can get hers.

14. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Is Anthony Daniels going to be signing autographs elsewhere in the convention center? For Both Dragoncon Conventions that I went to where he was a guest, he was signing in an area by himself. Can anyone confirm this for CB2. The reason why I'm asking is because I wanted to get his & Kenny Baker's autograph on an Episode II poster that we are going to giveaway for charity at our Episode II line. :D

15. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Thats totally cool that your doing that. A pat on your back. I wish he was signing, I hope. Him and carrie are the 2 I only want. I wish Ray was coming. Do you think the Carrie Fisher line is going to be impossible? if all else fails, I could go get Kenny's. I'm just trying to limit myself, you know $$$$$$ are limited. heck, If i can get a Toy Fair vader, I bet I can figure out a way to get her's. That and the exclusive fig are my two major hunts I want there. I know there will be other items, but right now those are the biggies.

16. Princessa

Princessa Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2002
    There will be representation from the Seattle Star Wars Society as well. Look for our recruiting poster at the Downtown Marriott.

17. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Based on past experience at comic shows featuring one guest everybody there would want to meet I originally estimated the Carrie Fisher line at about two hours. However since she is only going to appear Saturday and Sunday, I'm upping my estimate to between two-and-a-half to threee hours. First thing Saturday morning I'm in her line.

18. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Major, major schedule updating....something going on all hours on Friday...expect the same for Sat & Sun whenver the Official site announces it.

Also added Nick Gillard to the non-actor celebs attending...probably should have added some of the people presenting the discussions, but they are listed in the schedule.

Fun fun fun. :D

19. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    The Official Site has two Celebration announcements tonight:
    1. Jonathan Hales Co-Screenwriter of Attack of the Clones will be at Star Wars Celebration II at the Indiana Convention Center in downtown Indianapolis, May 3, 4, and 5.

2. The Classic Trilogy in 30 Minutes by the University of Southern California School of Theater will be presented multiple times each day.

20. DoubleAgent

DoubleAgent Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    I apologize if this was covered earlier & I missed it - with regards to the autographs:

I've noticed that there are references to autograph 'coupons', which you then use at the celebrity tables to get the signatures. My question is: do we know exactly where we purchase the coupons upon arrival? I ask because I am going to be driving down from mid-Michigan Saturday morning (likely arrive 9-10 am) and so I'll probably end up way back in line from the get-go. I'd like to know where I will need to go to minimize lag time.

21. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    My understanding of things is the C2Ventures is running the autographing completely on their own, so they will probably be selling coupons at the entrance to the C2V area/room. I don't think auto coupons will be sold anywhere else.

22. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    From what I understand they won't even let you in the autograph area if you don't have a coupon, so I figure it's way off to one side, or in the back. Some people have the layout of the convention center, but it hasn't been posted online, as yet.

23. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    The layout of the convention center floating around is of an empty layout...with all the stuff going on, that won't help anyone very much.

24. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I printed out the layout of the first & second floor of the center and I've been filling in spots as info is announced. It's beginning to fill in nicely. I know, I know...kinda anal retentive but I'm so excited. It helps me feel like I have some control.

Carolyn

25. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Just to let you know, they've announced a bunch of behind the scenes people on the OS.

ILM Magic Makers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.