main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official FF Celebration 2 / Indianapolis Info Thread and FAQ

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Sebulba-X, Feb 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    • Added Saturday's Collecting Track schedule

• Hales, Biggar, and all the ILMers to the list

• Listed the Fan Film room times separate, as they go all day and even a few hours after the rest of C2 (very cool, probably be crowded though)
    • Star Wars in 30 minutes performances also have a separate schedule

2. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Added the Trivia Contest times. :D

3. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    How do we enter the triva contests? I will crush all you f---s.

4. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    From what I understand, you just show up at the beginning. Not sure how it's run exactly, but it's kinda informal. Movie questions only...no EU ones.

5. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    No EU questions? Oh yeah, everybody there is gonna be my biatch.

I've got another question, this time without thinly veiled profanity, can we get more than one program? I was hoping to get, maybe, one to keep mint, one to get non-actor autographs in, and one to totally destroy by keeping in my back pocket for easy reference.

6. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    I really don't know...if you have to buy them, then I'm sure. If they hand them out for free, then I guess you can pick one up each day or every time you go in and out of the front door. I believe that there's some sort of freebie table/goodie bag that people will get with mostly adds I imagine...might be in that.

7. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    That is absolutley ridiculous! I can't imagine a convention charging for a program book. I've honestly never heard of that. But then again...it's Wizard's and LFL, so you never know. I really hope we aren't nickel and dimed throughout the whole weekend. Borrowing from that 'other' Science Fiction saga, I feel like I'm going to the Ferengi homeworld. Do you think they'll charge to use the escalators at the show? How about an additional "oxygen consumption" surcharge? ;)

8. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    I meant if it was a really nice "official" type of program...like you'd buy at a professional sporting event or something like that....Not a tri-fold flyer/brochure with a map on one side and the times on the other...those should definately be free. Honestly though, I'm just speculating based on past experience on events of this size (never been to a real sci-fi type convention).

9. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    The closest I've come would be WizardWorld Chicago comicon. They have a comic-sized program that's, I think, 16 pages. It has bios of some of the more popular guests, a panel discussion schedule, and a map of exhibitors. It's actually what got me thinking of this, they give you one in your goodie bag and set out thousands more, if you want an extra.

10. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Going by DragonCon in Atlanta, which has 20,000 folks or so every year, they give out a nice magazine sized program book with bios of all the guests. It's like a graphic novel sized book of over 50 pages. Then they have a pocket program guide that has hotel/convention center layout and a track listing of location/time of panels. Pretty disposable, but it's a quicker way to figure out what is where and when. They also put out flyers twice or so a day to announce any room/time changes for programming. The World Science Fiction Convention, WorldCon, usually does the same type of thing. Plus you get a grab bag with ads and goodies.

11. ntobin99

ntobin99 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2002
    Add one more Fett Jr. Heading to Celebration II. http://www.theforce.net/celebration/index.html#15664

12. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Looks like you can also drop Leanna Walsman. She's filming a movie.

13. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Quick question.

Will Celebration sell out? The reason I ask is that I have a friend who decided at the last minute that he's going to be tagging along with me to Indianapolis. However, I won't know until tommorrow night at around 10 pm and since tommorrow is the deadline to buy a pass online, it puts me in bind. Should I not hear from him by tommorrow night and miss this dedline, I'd like to know if there will be plenty of passes so that he could buy one at the door. I don't want to take him out there only to find out that it has been sold out.

John

14. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I doubt it will sell out. I don't know if something like this can sell out. I have heard of comic shows exceeding the maximum oppucancy limits, but I figure a building this big could fit two or three times the number of atendees. But hey, what do I know, I live in Cleveland.

15. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000

Woo hoo about Fett Jr.

16. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Cool... there will be three Fetts at C2. Boba, Jango, and Boba Jr. It doesn't look like Boba Jr. is signing autographs though (like most AOTC stars) :(

17. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    On the selling out issue, it would be literally impossible for an event like this to sell out. They are using too much of the convention center and several and I mean several different halls and rooms. The capacity of the convention center is entirely too big to sell out.

We had a radio interview with Steve Sansweet today as well and he assured us that there would be tickets available at the door to whomever wanted to come.

Long story short, your friend will be okay getting a ticket at the door.

18. ntobin99

ntobin99 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2002
    Cleveland Rocks!

19. FiorCara

FiorCara Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2001
    On one of the sites linked to in the original edited post, the person there says that they will be selling program books.

I'm really gettin that Nickled and Dimed feeling...

~DarkBlade

20. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    I'm not sure I remember what you are referring to...if you could be more specific, I may be able to address it in some way. Thanks.

Unless you're referring to the autograph book, where you drop a couple Bejamins to get a complete set of the autos, plus a randomly inserted rare autograph from one of the Celebs not in the C2V area. I wouldn't call that nickel and diming. ;)

21. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    Sebulba-X,
    You probably can move Daniel Logan from the Rumored list to the Confirmed list.

Keep up the great work!

22. FiorCara

FiorCara Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2001
    Hell naw, that's like... uhm... I dunno what that is.

Expensive. Yeah. Maybe Ludicros. *Shrugs*

As for the program books...

"About 15,000 collectible Star Wars Celebration II Commemorative Program Books will be available for sale to con attendees. Here is what was said about the program:

"The program book will contain over 64 pages of behind the scenes articles, detailed information on Star Wars Archives and props, a "Connections" series tying the Star Wars films, novels, comics and games together, interviews with celebrities, and much, much more in a full-color graphic representation of Star Wars and Celebration II. The books will be poly-bagged and contain collectible inserts."

From http://www.starwarsfan.org/prequels/news/celebration2booklet.htm which is one of the links at the bottom of your post on the first page of this thread.

23. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Ah, ok...thanks for the reminder.

I think the key word there is "Commemorative"..ie, this is a nice book and if you want it, you're going to have to buy it. I wouldn't necessarily call that nickel and diming, just because you don't have to buy it to enjoy the rest of the convention....if that were the case, then the exclusive figure & Celebration 2 poster would be nickel and diming as well. Just a variety of souvenirs for different peoples' tastes. Obviously, the more they have to offer souvenir-wise, the more money they'll make.

Removing Zam :( :_|
    Reclasifying Young Boba :) :D

24. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    The Commemorative Program is just like when you go to a concert or a show of some sort and get one of those books recording the tour. I'm pretty confident that there will be a seperate program with schedules and maps that will be available with the most up to date information.

*sobs like a baby over Zam* And I really wanted to see here. As long as Aayla will still be there, I'm ok.

25. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.