main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official FF Celebration 2 / Indianapolis Info Thread and FAQ

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Sebulba-X, Feb 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    What's the protocol on the free book thing? I read the post but it doesn't say how, or if, they're going to insure people don't go back multiple times. Gotta score me some COMICS.

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I don't know. The article says over 10,000 books. Well, with around 30,000 people expected to be there, that's not very good odds. And I can't think of a way they could check to see if you've been there before (unless you're carrying around a bag full of books already :) ).

This is especially useful for those who are going with family members who aren't big Star Wars fans. Have the whole family come in and get books for you [face_devil]

3. FiorCara

FiorCara Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2001
    YAAAAAAAAAY!

^_^ *Happy dance*

Hehe, okies, going there friday. YAAAAAAAAAY!

~Caleigh

4. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    [image=http://www.sportg.com/brian/pics/freebies_c2_.jpg] [image=http://www.sportg.com/brian/pics/freebies_c2.jpg]

So have you figured out what this pic is yet? ;) It will be a free for all, but honestly, there's no "value" to any of it, just stuff that would be cool to have. If some scalper thinks he's going to make any money off of trying to swipe everything, well, he won't, and he'd be spending most of his time walking arms loads of it back to his car.

*tries not to feel all big-brained for being specifically mentioned on the official site*

We (Indy Knights & Sport Graphics) have another thing in the works that will be rather cool as well. Nothing you can take home...but it's going to someone's home. ;)

5. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    That is so great to get free books. Yay!

Thx Sebulba-X. :) Was wondering about that pic you posted previously (the warehouse filled w/ boxes), now I know. :D

For your next clue, are you talking about a contest of some kind?

6. FiorCara

Sep 9, 2001
    Sebubla, I don't care about how valuable it is in the market. Star Wars, comics (and therefore art), and books! SWEEEEET! ^_^

*Shuts up about the autograph costs*

hehe :)

~Caleigh

7. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    When I saw the announcement it hit me. The boxes! It also helped that they named names. :D

I'm a bibliophile and to say I'm excited doesn't come near to expressing my feelings. First the book signings at the Del-Rey booth and now free books in foreign languages.

I already collect the foreign language format of some of my favorite books so this is a wonderful added bonus. Now I just have to figure out how to get all this stuff home! :_|

Carolyn

8. DEWGOD01

DEWGOD01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    Please don't forget that Mail Boxes Inc will be more then happy to take your money and send your box to where your home is (hopefully). Man, that was a total coup for them, they are gonna make so much money from us. :\ Damn me and my not wanting to check in luggage.

9. FiorCara

Sep 9, 2001
    *L* I have to check my luggage, on account of my Amidala water pistol, and my Droid Blaster Rifle toys.
    So it'll probably all be stuck in my suitcase.
    ~Caleigh

10. DarkJediPrincess

DarkJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2002
    You do realize due to new more stringent security regulations, most airlines only allow you ONE carry-on bag and a personal bag (purse, small backpack, laptop, etc). And that one carry-on still must fit in that example box that they have at check-in.

Just an FYI.

DJP

11. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Didn't feel like starting a new thread for this...I decided to pull this particular book out for myself (the only thing I've taken up until this point, though I may throw it back into the pond with the rest of the freebies). Here's a scan of the cover and the inside...just one of the many, many weird things to be handed out:

[image=http://www.sportg.com/brian/pics/c2_bookcover.jpg] [image=http://www.sportg.com/brian/pics/c2_bookinside.JPG]

This thing is as thick as a phone book, and it isn't all SW (just a sliver of it really)...sort of a Magna version of EP1 from the beginning thru the start of the pod race. Wish it had the whole movie, but nothing I can do about that. You can see C-3PO and R2 on the cover, but it's like freakin' Where's Waldo. Anyway, something to look forward to and wet your appetite.

Other things I noticed upon looking at the boxes today...A few boxes of Books & Novels all in Italian and Japanese, and tons of old insiders. Didn't have chance to really inspect everything, and some of the stuff is up on the shelves too high to see. If I get another chance to get back out there I'll take some notes. :)

12. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    That might be an anthology of comic excerpts. I think they did an American manga version of Menace (the whole movie). I know they did the original trilogy.

13. Another.Sky.Walk.er..

Another.Sky.Walk.er.. Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2000
    Question of the Day

How many free books can Another.Sky.Walk.er.. fit into her 1 shopping bag?

Stay tuned for updates...

Subulba-X do you know the dimensions of the shopping bag in question?

14. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Almost all manga comics are anthologies. And the panels go right to left.

15. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000

THREEPIO: Level one. Convention Center A A-twenty-three. I'm afraid they are scheduled to be recycled.

LUKE: Oh, no! We've got to do something.

HAN: What are you talking about?

LUKE: The books belong to LFL. They are the ones in the news update... We've got to help ourselves to them.

HAN: Now, look, don't get any funny ideas. The old man wants us to wait right here.

LUKE: But he didn't know the books would be for free. Look, will you just find a way back into the convention center?

HAN: I'm not going anywhere.

LUKE: They're going to trash them. Look, a few minutes ago you said you didn't want to just wait here to be bored. Now all you want to do is stay.

HAN: Marching into the convention center is not what I had in mind.

LUKE: But they're going to recycle them!

HAN: Better them than me...

LUKE: The shopping bag's big.

Chewbacca growls.

HAN: Big?

LUKE: Yes. Big, powerful! Listen, if you were to fill it with free Celebration books, the amount would be...

HAN: What?

LUKE: Well more books than you can imagine.

HAN: I don't know, I can imagine quite a bit!

LUKE: You'll get them!

HAN: I better!

LUKE: You will...

:)

They are all shapes and sizes...magazines, soft/hard back books, comics....any bag you bring will likely be too heavy to carry if you fill it or it will break under the weight. ;)

16. Another.Sky.Walk.er..

Another.Sky.Walk.er.. Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2000

[face_laugh]
    pounding fist in table tears comming out of eyes
    [face_laugh]

thank for the laughs and info

17. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    oh my gosh that is to flippen hilarious Seb.

18. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    You've never seen me pack comics for WizardWorld have you ;) . I've got "mad skillz" at doing that. You know anybody else that can fit 70+ comics into a briefcase-sized bag without damaging them? Sure after a while it feels like your arm is going to fall off, but that's the price you pay.

19. MynDonos

MynDonos Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2002
    A prior thread i just read reminded me of something, what is the food setup going to be at the convention? Will there be some sort of food court or something, or is it every man for himself?
    (PS-if there is a food court, I wonder if they'll rename their foods to fit SW- ie: Bantha burgers, Dewback steaks, etc)

20. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    There is one large food court and a smaller one as well. In addition, there have always been drink and snacky type food stands in the main exhibit hall.

21. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    You know, I've heard zilch about food...but I haven't asked anyone about it either. All I do know is that there will be vending machines in the Fan Club Lounge. Don't know if the "commoners" will be given any stale bread and water. :p ;)

22. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    A food court in the convention center? Cool, every con center I've been to has only had a snack bar with insane prices like $1.15 for a six ounce (half a can) drink.

23. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    That is why whopimp = da bomb. Thanks for the info!

24. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Food? Who needs food when one has the Force?

25. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.