main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official FF Celebration 2 / Indianapolis Info Thread and FAQ

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Sebulba-X, Feb 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMChladek

JMChladek Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    Sebulba, that Han Luke conversation was the funniest damn thing I've read in a long time. I'm wiping tears from my eyes now. :D

2. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Added the Movie showings & Sunday's collector's track panels to the schedule. Also added the artists from ILM. Oh, and the sentance about the food. And before I forget, there's a link to the StarWarsFan.Org picture of the Fan Club room inserted somewhere as well. And......that's all. ;)

3. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    A - Dark Horse did do a multi-part Manga adaption of TPM

B - There's a Fan Club lounge?!?!?!

4. MynDonos

MynDonos Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2002
    will my official star wars fan club member ID be enough to get into that lounge?

5. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
  6. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    As Shara said, yes, there is a Fan Club Lounge. All you need to get in is the silver with black text fan club lanyard, which you can get at the ticket table with whatever Fan Club proof / ID you have. In the Lounge will be couches, vending machines, and a bulletin board for people to pin notes to. There is also rumored to be Fan Club only pictures with certain celebs...ie, somebody popping in to pose for a few pics or whatever. Don't know that for a fact, but it's been implied a few times.

7. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I will just have my silver lanyard to get in but where is everyone getting there Fan club member ID from?
    Strawbary

8. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    You get an ID when you join, but what I meant was proof that you are who you say you are so WOTC can check you off their list. All you need is the Fan Club Lanyard, if you have that you don't need to worry about anything else (as far as this is concerned).

9. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Speaking of the Fan Club, will there be a chance to join up for those of us who are not yet members? I'd like to chill in the lounge but have never gotten around to joining up and I think Celebration would be a great place to be initiated. Also, if they DO have a sign up table or whatever, I don't suppose this mean thats since I'm in the Fan Club now that I'd be able to get in the hour early the next two days? Probably not. Just wishful thinking.

John

10. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    hmmm, interesting, I joined back in nov and aside from my lanyard I have yet to receive anything from the fan club.....who do I need to write to get my ID?
    Thanks
    Strawbary

11. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    I don't think Wizards is doing IDs...? I haven't gotten one since Fantastic Media...

WHat happened to my icon....?

12. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    WotC is supposed to have a master list of all the fan club members. To get a fan club lanyard all you need to do is go to wherever they are giving out the lanyards and show your driver's license or some other photo ID.

13. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    Does anyone know where I could access a printable image of the layout of the Convention Center? I tried this one site
    http://www.iccrd.com/conv/diagrams_facilty.html
    It gave me an image that only opens through Adobe Acrobat, but I can't seem to figure out how to make it print.

John

14. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    Disregard this second message. This was an accidental double post that I edited out. <=)

John

15. TurtleK421

TurtleK421 Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2002
    Sebulba, it might be a good idea to point out in the main part of the FAQ that Indy is on Eastern STANDARD Time as most of Indiana does not switch to Daylight Saving Time. For the rest of you, consider Indy as being on Central time for the summer months.

Keep up the good work, Seb!

Any chance of the having a HTML version of just the FAQ posted at TF.N?

16. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Is there any chance of WotC putting up an Official Schedule before the doors open on Friday?

17. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Just sticking my head in here for a quick sec....

I'll add the time zone info...I've always told people Indy is -5 GMT time because I never bothered learning which time zone I'm in.

The official site has finally put together a schedule page, but they've broken it out by events, not a schedule of the day like I have...so, as ugly as it is, I'll be printing off this one. ;)

HTML version of the FAQ is on the Indy Knights website, here...but it's usually a few updates behind since Snowboard Code to HTML code is a pain, and almost easier to retype. Shara, IK webmaster, does the best she can...but this thread is just easier to update for me, whenever & where ever I'm at. Getting it posted on TF.N....well, they've known about this for some time and haven't even mentioned it on the C2 page (only linked to it once when I sent in the Carrie Fisher & Christopher Lee unconfirmed story in), so it seems unlikely at this point. This isn't a TF.N thing anyway, it's a Fan Force thing, and it's for the benefit of all fans, so anyone and everyone going to C2. I know people at StarWarsFan.Org, Episode-X, & StarWarsCards.Net are referring to this for info, so that makes me happy. :)

18. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    There is an htmlized version on the Indy Knights website, but it's not updated because for some reason I can't edit that particular page on my computer at work.

19. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    I have a question. I have a lanyard already but my hubby didn't so i signed him up for membership but they won't ship the lanyard, have to get it on site. My question is, will he be able to get in early with me and pick up his lanyard? Or will he have to wait an hour? Where are they handing the lanyards out at?

20. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    You pick up tickets/lanyards before you enter, so yes, he will be able to get in with you at the same time.

21. queenseamstress

queenseamstress TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Jan 30, 2002
    Great post...the Indy Fan Force has updated their party information for Friday night-so you may want to check out that board and see what is up-they are upgrading the room and have a deadline on ticket sales so they can prepare for the correct number of people.
    Oh-and the weather here...well, it is 70 and sunny today, it was 50 and yucky yesterday, in the 80's last week-and we had our biggest snow of the season in April...so everyone pack a pair of shorts, a big sweatshirt, and a slicker...

22. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    C2 Ongoing Events Schedule
    I know that you have most of that stuff on the schedule, but I didn't see the "Star Wars in Pop Culture" program on your schedule. Although I don't think I'll have 6 hours to sit down and watch the whole thing. Is there any chance that any of the programs from C2 will be available on VHS or DVD or anything?

Also, do you have any idea how long the 25th Anniversary Concert will last? Will there be assigned seating on the tickets, or will it just be all "general admission" or something?

23. Fermez_La_Boushh

Fermez_La_Boushh Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2002
    *BARKING with laughter at the Han/Luke dialogue*

Thanks for the laugh, Sebulba!

24. Panjin

Panjin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    Sebulba, you've given me two good ideas. I'm going to catalogue my Insider magazine collection. If a bunch are going to be lying around for grabs, I'm going for the ones I need.

And, thank you for reminding me that I have a Fan Club ID card, I'd totally forgotten! I'm going to put it in a holder and clip it with my 3-Day Celebration I badge.

Thanks! Loved your Han/Luke dialogue!

25. ElegantWeapon

ElegantWeapon Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 27, 2001
    Mr Sebulba-X sir,
    Do you know if video cameras will be allowed
    in the autograph area? I know they said
    we can't take personal photos with the celebs but it'd still be nice if I could get a friend to video tape me as I meet the celebs.

do you know if Fan Club members will be allowed a chance to get their photos taken with celeb guests? Would there be somethinig
    in the lounge perhaps?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.