main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official FF Celebration 2 / Indianapolis Info Thread and FAQ

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Sebulba-X, Feb 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I can already see Bula banging his head against the wall. :D All the answers you seek can be seen earlier in this thread.

2. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Hi Sebulba-X :)

I've seen the schedule of events for Friday and I want to attend almost every presentation in the Sagamore Ballroom that day. My question is this: Will they be sweeping rooms after each presentation? What do you do if the two presentations you really want to see are back to back in the same room? Can you stay in your seat or will they make you leave and try to get back in?

Thanks for any advice you have on this subject.

3. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Build a Jedi Master at C2
    All weekend long at the LEGO booth, fans can help build a 10 foot tall LEGO Yoda!

My only question:
    Can I please take it home?

4. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    Thanks Sebulba-X !

5. KirstenSolo

KirstenSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2002
    Question:

Does anybody know exactly which exhibit hall the C2 autographs are going to be in? On the official site, it's only listed as "exhibit hall." Corellia is Hall F, and the store's in Hall G, and it's not either of those. Any clues?

6. Panjin

Panjin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    Obi Dawn, there will be lines for every presentation and if it's anything like Denver, you will miss events while you're standing in line for others. Just the way it goes. And, they make sure the room is cleared before they let people in.

Be prepared for lots and lots of lines, but good people around you to help you pass the time.

7. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    More at the official site:
    Saturday Event Schedule

Fan Film Festival and special fan film related events

Ahhhhh!!! There's too much going on. There aren't enough hours in the day!!! I really think they should consider selling VHS or DVD versions of the Fan Films, the "Star Wars in Pop Culture" presentation, and stuff like that. And they should make a DVD with all of the highlights from the Celebration, to help preserve all the great memories.

8. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    I TOTALLY agree. I would be more than willing to shell out some money for a collected DVD of all the FanFilms. But Kevin Smith is going to be hosting a special of some of the best FanFilms on the Sci-Fi channel on May 12th. So we chal see which ones make it on there.

John

9. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    In answer to Obi-Dawn's question, direct from Wizards, the rooms will be cleared after each event. There is half an hour between events to do this.

10. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Thanks for the answer! :)

11. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    As Barry White said on The Simpsons, "Any thing, for a lady."

12. Theman357

Theman357 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2002
    Are they going to be repeating shows from Friday during other days of Celebration II?

One of the main attractions for going to CII for me was going to the discussion about the New Jedi Order. I saw that discusssion/show is scheduled for Friday, but not on Saturday. Unfortunately, My buddies and I can't be there on Friday because we could only afford to go for two days and we picked Saturday and Sunday. So I guess the real question is, will they repeat this discussion on Sunday or will the book stuff be different everday (i.e. I'm just out of luck.)

I'm hoping they will, but I'll take any answer I can get.

13. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    From the looks of things, each day will have a full schedule of unique events. Only a few things will be repeated, but none of them are the discussion panels (except for the Star Woids fan film one).

14. AlderaanOnline

AlderaanOnline Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2002
    A while back I had seen that the opening ceremony was going to be around 7PM on Friday. But on the latest schedule for Friday at the OS, it doesn't show it. That schedule does list a 'welcoming ceremony' at noon.

Is the evening 'opening ceremony' still on?

15. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    Anyone know if artist Terese Nielsen will be appearing?

And what are authors Zahn and Stackpole doing? They're not showing up?

-Mazz

16. trysopticon

trysopticon Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2002
    I don't know if this has been covered, but I will be there Friday and Saturday with a guest both days. Can we each get two figures per day (both days)? Just curious.

17. 3rdamention

3rdamention Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    Yes you could both get two figures. The email concerning the figures said that you could get two per day. So you and your friend could get to each every day you go.

Cool huh?

18. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    What they should do for the discussions (what they ended up doing at C1) is make separate lines for each one. That way, if you want to see something else that is maybe coming up later, you just get in line for that instead.

Also, a couple people mentioned wanting to get the fan films on DVD. Well, if your player supports it, I can probably get you most of them on VCD or SVCD (both formats can be played on your computer as well). However, I don't have nearly enough time at this point to put all the fan films that are online on CDs. After C2 I can perhaps (if they're available for download) put them on CDs for people for the cost of just the media (10 cents or so) and shipping. It would be nice to be able to get them on DVD though.

19. caliman

caliman Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2000
    Maybe this has been asked before but I got wondering...will there be a big @$$ dealer room. Not just celebration store, but like most conventions, lot's of stuff to spend money on? What room will it be in? If there is, any idea how many dealers will be there?

20. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    I rememer reading that Master Replicas will be at C2. I assume to show off their replicas and sell them. But does anyone know if they will have their own booth, or will they be available through the Celebration 2 Store?

21. Artoo_Deetoo

Artoo_Deetoo Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2002
    Just bumping this back up to the top so people can print Sebulba's schedule.

22. caliman

caliman Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2000
    I emailed Wizards asking to confirm the number of vendors at CII. Here's the reply. Get out your wallets:

Approx 75 including licensees.

23. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    So these 8x10s that are available only at Celebration II for autographs.. does anyone have a link to what they all look like? I'd like to take a look at them.

!snap

24. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I think it's www.seetwo.com.

Carolyn

25. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    That site has a lot of information, but no pictures.

!snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.