main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official FF Celebration 2 / Indianapolis Info Thread and FAQ

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Sebulba-X, Feb 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
  2. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    ::flatlines::

3. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    *charges paddles*

CLEAR!!!!

;)

4. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    DON'T DIE JOKER! YOU HAVE MY ROOM RESERVED UNDER YOUR NAME! NOOOOO!!!!!!!!

:p

5. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I forgot who I was talking to about this, but someone told me that Ian McDiarmid wanted to com to C1 but because of other responsibilities (I think he was in a play), he couldn't make it. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

6. Grand Moff Joker

Oct 13, 1999
    ::springs back to life::

But Your Majesty, be realistic. Th-they'll force him to sign the autographs!

:D

7. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Regarding the autographs, will only these 5000 pics per actor be available, or will it be possible to get personnnal items/pics signed as well?

8. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Oh, Sebulba-X, you bring hope to the hopeless, wonder to the wonderless, odor to the odorless. Thank you SOOOOO much for giving us these tasty little bits of info. It's rather nice to start getting this stuff. So far, what seems to be speculation is turning into reality. Now, where did I park my Delorean so I can head off to the Celebration this instant? Man, I am really getting anxious now for CII. I don't care if there is hail the size of footballs and a twister right outside the con doors, I think this is gonna be a good time. I'm hyped now. Believe it or not, your posts are starting to change how I WAS viewing the Celebration. Thanks for the info.

9. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    "I'm just a simple Dug trying to make my way in the galaxy."

;) Just doing what I can....but, and I've said this before, feel free to remember me in your Will. ;)

10. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Hey, Sebulba-X, do you know if it will be only these 5000 pics per actor available, or will it be possible to get personnnal items/pics signed as well? Plus, do you have more info about that "voucher system"?

11. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    I'll send Gary an email about it, but from what I understand, the 5000 pics per celeb are the special 25th Ann. / C2 stamped glossy only. Vocher system implies that you pay ahead of time, ie get in one line buy vouchers for an autograph, then you turn them in once you get up to the table of the celeb you want to get an auto from.

I'll try to get some clarification on this all.

12. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Just got some cool info from a guy at WOTC about the Role Playing area...not my thing, but it sounds really cool despite that, and I'm sure you role players out there will like it as well. ;)

13. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    I do have a question about costumes. The letter from Wizard's posted in this thread says only "legal" costumes are permitted. What does that mean. I mean, beyond public nudity, if someone makes a costume, and it isn't just perfect, do they get kicked out? That is a very vague statement.

14. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Hey Sebulba-X! Thanx for your reply... So basically, they are only gonna sign that special picture, limited to 5000, right?.... Oh well...
    By the way, your french quote is fun but a little shaky ;) ;)

15. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    I am gonna spend a fortune on Autographs. I will be buying 1 voucher for EVERY guest there :D

I cannot wait.

I am going to spend more than I have been thinking I will. $600 on Autographs alone Ouch!!

16. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    The frech quote if from a nin song, so I can't be blamed for the poor translation and or spelling or whatever. ;)

I've sent an email to Gary (of wattographs) asking for some clarification about vouchers and whatever else people may sign (and if that's "leeegul" than how much would it cost). I wouldn't rule out siging other stuff just yet...doesn't mean it will be free though.

Restrictions on costumes would only apply to the contest itself, not for people wanting to sweat to death in the convention center hanging out in a black lycra jumpsuit and plastic armor. Granted, if you where anything offensive, costume or not (namely a Star Trek or Klingon costume :mad: :p ), I've been told that a few Gamorean Guards might take you out in the Dome's south parking lot and work you over a bit...I mean ask you a few questions, maybe bust out the Obi Wan quote "you should rethink your life". [face_devil] j/k

17. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    I also had the impression that "Legal costume" meant you couldn't bring a real Working German Submachine gun as your Stormtrooper blaster.

18. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    edited the SWNYC link :)

19. MynDonos

MynDonos Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2002
    unfortunately i have very little money, so i wont be buying too much paraphernilia. deciding between boba fett and lando is gonna be tough...anyone want to start up a collection for me?

20. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    I am unsure of What autographs I would go after. If Ms. Fisher is there I will try for hers. [face_love] I mean common.. It's Leia, who wouldn't?

21. MynDonos

MynDonos Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2002
    sweet, i just completed the last of my reservations; its official: IM GOING TO INDIANAPOLIS

22. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Sebulba-X, I'm going to use you as my information source, since you're so good at it (it's much appreciated, by the way).

Will there be a "freebie table?" Some of my SW website friends are asking; if possible, they'd like to leave information.

Will there be a shipping service? For those of us who are planning to spend copious amounts of money, it would be a real help to have a shipping service available. Makes a big difference to my luggage, obviously.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

23. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
  24. Grand Moff Joker

Oct 13, 1999
    Excellent! I remember talking with him at a convention in Austin, TX a little over a year ago. Great guy... and great author. His Wraith Squadron additions to the X-Wing series are among the best Star Wars novels I've ever read. Allston is great at creating 'laugh-out-loud' moments.

25. Punisher

Punisher Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 1998
    Greetings all!
    I've just made arrangements to attend Celebration 2 and hope that it surpasses Celebration 1. (Since it's totally indoors that's definately an improvement!) ;)

Does anyone know what the "rules" are as far as still photography is concerned?

Case in point, at Celebration 1, I know they were strict about videotaping, but I got hassled for using my camera quite a few times (eeexxxcuusseee me for using a 35mm SLR and not a "point&shoot" camera!) :mad: (Actually, I think my 75 to 300mm lens intimidated a few people :D ).
    I just don't want a repeat of 3 years ago, since I took over 200 pixs (celebrities & archives mostly) at Celebration 1, I want to be able to document all of the 25th anniversary celebration.

If they won't let me take pictures of the archives, I'm gonna be mad!!! I have a lot of pictures from the Smithsonian Exhibit and I want to photograph as much of the SW archives as I can!

(By the way, if anyone that has web hosting/mastering experience is interested in hosting my photos from any of the events, PM or e-mail me, I'd love to have a site that will showcase my pictures!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.