main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official FF Celebration 2 / Indianapolis Info Thread and FAQ

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Sebulba-X, Feb 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    I was hoping there was a shipping place nearby. I do plan to bring an empty suitcase to fill with goodies, but that is going to get full awfully quick, me thinks.

2. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Yeah, you would think since we were in downtown there would be *somewhere* nearby to ship stuff ;)

Since most shipping services will pick up packages, I'd suggest you write down the 800 number of you favorite service (we use FedEx at work a lot so I like them but I don't have to pay for them either ;) ) and keep it with you. Most likely you can call them and even leave your package(s) at the hotel desk.

3. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Most major hotels will ship packages for you. Just talk to the hotel clerk or the concierge. They are usually more than willing to assist. They would probably even find a good, sturdy box for you. Luckily, I'm driving back. But I'm still bringing an extra suitcase for all the stuff I plan to buy.

4. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Back from the dead.....

Updated:
    • Rebel pilots from the official site, even though I already had Biggs from his site.
    • Three new rumored/unconfirmed guests: Jake Lloyd (Anakin Ep1), Andy Secombe (Watto), & Lewis MacLeod (Sebulba)!!!!!!!! :D
    • There will be a "mail boxes etc" type place setup for package shipping
    • C2 Kid's Area

5. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    Awesome additions, Seb-X. I'm not at all thrilled with Jake Lloyd because I remember what a whining, sniveling little brat he was in Denver (along with his psycho parents), but hey, it's all good.

I think I mentioned in another thread somewhere how great it would be if some of the voice actors appeared because they don't get nearly the attention or recognition they deserve, so that's awesome about Watto and Sebulba!

6. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Jake actually lives in Indy, so, and I'm speculating here, that if he didn't come it would be rather insulting, but from what I gather, the SW experience has left him a little bitter due to all the criticism he received, even though it wasn't all his fault. <<insert Harrison Ford quote about writing lines versus saying them>> Anyhow, there's still hope for Jake, but he's at an akward age for kids as it is, even without all the parental basement dwellers bashing him.

He probably gets asked all the time, but Lewis will not leave the town limits until I get to hear him say "bantha poodoo" in his most best dug like grovel. Oh, I mean, I hope Lewis comes to C2, then I won't let him leave until..... ;)

7. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Sebulba-X, your return from the dead was very welcome! :)

Thanks for the info about the shipping service. That was good news.

8. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Ya know, it's amazing how people can label the kid a brat. It's a shame too. Having that many people ooing and aahing all over you has got to be a lot of pressure. And, to top it off, the movie hadn't even come out yet at Celebration I. Then afterwards, people REALLY ridiculed his acting in the film. Yeah, the lines were crudy, but I think Lucas would have done better with casting someone like Haley-Joel Osment. Okay, I'm digressing. So, the point...it would be cool if he did show up and it would be an insult if he didn't (since, as was stated, he lives in Indy). But then again, he's in his early teens now, so it may not seem cool to him. And since people already have a negative opinion of him, would you want to go if you were in his place?

9. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Lovely week really....sick and out of commission with the flu for two days, durning which my nearly one year old son had the same thing (probably gave it to me), then when we start to recover, my wife gets it....all the while we're trying to move into our new home, puking, boxing stuff up, cursing our maker, etc, etc. Cable doesn't get hooked up until later today, so I've been tv/internet deprived at both my old & new homes for about 5 days now (just saw the trailer this morning), can't find anything to wear because it's either packed up or dirty (washer & dryer finally armed and fully operational as of yesterday).......I could go on and on, but who'd really care?

Oh, the kid's area isn't just for kids, anyone can check it out. There will be stuff for kids to take with them that they make (don't know what that will be yet). There will also be a goodie-bag type of handout that you get coming in (I think) that will have various items & brochures...I imagine the Topps promo card will be in this amoungst the other stuff. There will be another major freebie giveaway that should be announced later this week/begining of next that I'm personally a part of, but can't comment on. Sorry for being a tease, but my resistence to being one is still boxed up somewhere in my new garage. ;)

10. Grand Moff Joker

Oct 13, 1999
    Well, I wouldn't have said that about Jake if I didn't have a reason. I saw him at a presentation at the Denver Celebration. He was on stage with Anthony Daniels, and Jake was very rude, obnoxious, and full of himself. To make matters worse, Jake's father suddenly stood up in the audience and yelled (LOUDLY) profanities about the media when a fan asked Jake how he felt about all the media attention and their reaction to his performance in TPM. Things at the presentation just went downhill from there. It was all just unfortunate and disappointing.

11. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    Personally, I have nothing against Jake Lloyd. It's just a natural reaction from me to cringe whenever he delivers a line in TPM. Now who's fault is it? I don't care, I still have that reaction anyways.

That being said, I'd REALLY like to see Christopher Lee and/or Hayden Christensen.

12. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    That's sad about Jake. Who knows, maybe he's matured a little? Sounds doubtful though if his own parents are as rude as that. Like I said, an actor like Haley-Joel Osment (I see dead people) would have been better. Still a cute kid with an edge IMO. With a kid like that, you could see where the darkside could creep in.

In any case, I wouldn't lose sleep if he didn't come. I definitely would like to see Christopher Lee or Hayden.

13. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Eh, I'm going to have to scrounge up something else to talk about in order to prevent this thread from becoming a basher/gusher Ep1 thread, aren't I? Well, you just going to have to wait. [face_devil]

OK, was that too long? To quell the growing masses of broke and bitter Star Wars Fans, (at least the ones that spend $30 for an Ep2 fig on ebay to have it a week or two before anyone else, then complain about spending $12 to get William December Williams autograph) here's a picture from my company's warehouse, and guess what, it's all free:

[image=http://www.sportg.com/brian/pics/freebies_c2_.jpg]

Now, what in god's name is it? That, I'm not telling. Each box has something different...now you'll just have to sit and wait for the Official Site to announce it. (no help from any IK members in the know please) ;) Or any other FF people I may have told in the midst of coffee withdrawls. [face_laugh]

14. Grand Moff Joker

Oct 13, 1999
    STUFF! YAY! Stuff is always good! :D

15. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    They weren't kidding that that thing was a big mess. ;)

16. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    So thats where the ENRON documents went!!!! ;)

17. MynDonos

MynDonos Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2002
    hehe, good one

about jake loyd, he could go incognito, nobdoy would recognize a twelve/thirteen year old kid with a star wars hat and a jedi robe on, when all they've ever seen of him was what was in TPM most likely. if he is skipping this Celebration when he lives right there i think that is not only absurd and very immature to feel so insulted, but very disappointing to me, because i feel like the person to play anakin skywalker should not only be a good actor, but a literal DIE HARD fan for star wars who would do anything for this Celebration. its not that i resent not being able to play anakin, but i resent people who do get that once in a lifetime opportunity and dont even appreciate it [SW] enough to go to a spectacular convention.

18. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    What no Sebulba in that picture????... Your slipping. ;)

19. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    One of the Indy Knights members met Jake and said that he was a Star Wars fan. And he's a bit taller than he was 3 years ago, but I bet he's still pretty recognizable.

20. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Oh Sebulba...how you tease us sooooooo. I just gotta know, what exactly do you do for a living? I mean, it seems you have a lot of the inside scoop on the Celebration stuff. Those boxes better not end up being your taxes and your just playing around with us ;) This is either killing you that you know things and can't share or you are really sadistic and enjoy the torment of your fellow fans. :)

21. K9-Rod

K9-Rod Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2002
    I saw on the Sci-Fi Expo page that T. Morrison (Jango Fett) will be appearing at a convention in Plano Texaz in May 17th -19th. If he can make it to a non-Star Wars only convention in Texas, dont' you all think he will come to the Celebration?

When I saw this it raised my hopes for seeing him at Indy. Any thoughts? Anybody heard any rumors?

As for Jake Loyd....give him a break people, he is still a kid. Kids at that age can be very impresionable. Imagine what it would do to a kid's self esteem if they are told they sucked in the most anticipated movie of the decade?

I for one when I see him want to get a figure autographed and will tell him I loved him on Episode I.

22. Verteces

Verteces Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2002
    This is the first convention, gathering, whatever for me.

And of course, I have many questions...

I'm thinking about bringing a ton of things to sign...like action figures, books, whatnot. Maybe even my Episode I poster.

So I must ask-

What is the safest, easiest way to carry things around? And my Episode I poster- how should I go about bringing that?

Meesa stupid and need advice.

23. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Jace -

If I told you, then I'd have to kill you. [face_laugh] Actually, I'm an accounting/default computer geek for my family's commercial printing company. My fantastic friends in the Indy Knights put me in contact with Mary Franklin at LFL Marketing and Henry Mobley at WOTC, and between the 3 of us, we got the 15 pallets shipped from the Ranch to my company's warehouse to help clean out the Archives (freeing up shelf space and a tax write-off, well played ;) ), then we will deliver them to the Convention Center in order to give the items away. We're going to be doing some other printing related items as well, but I haven't got all the specs on that just yet. So besides running the city of Indianapolis, that's my connection to things....it is my city. ;) See nothing to hide...but I do apologise, as I will now have to kill you (and anyone else who has read this thread...poisoned internet cookies you know [face_devil] ;) ).

Now, as far as the C2 spoilerish info goes, I'm just a mouthpiece for those who wish to remain nameless. ;)

Verteces-
    A cardboard poster tube would be the best thing to bring...you can get those at an office supply store or a place like Mailboxes Etc. Run a string thru the tube and sling it on your back like a bowcaster.

Other items I'd just put in a duffel back / back pack, individually packed in something protective so your bag can take a beating and you won't have to worry about it the whole time.

24. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    Hey Sebulba, here is an update for you, just announced this morning on their official site, Creed will be at the Verizon Wireless Music Center here in Indy on May 3rd. It is not on Ticketmaster yet and has not been announced as to when tickets go on sale.

25. Grand Moff Joker

Oct 13, 1999
    Good grief! Yet another event in Indianapolis that weekend!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.