main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official FF Celebration 2 / Indianapolis Info Thread and FAQ

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Sebulba-X, Feb 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    Sebulba, I know you already have him on the confirmed list, but the official site just announced that Jeremy Bulloch will be there.

2. DarthLarry

DarthLarry Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2001
    rock on--hayden's coming? that'll be sweet.

and i am psyched to meet joel edgerton (he seems way cool) and bonnie piesse.

*sigh* no natalie? although, that's probably a good thing; i'd make such a fool-worse-than-jar-jar out of myself and probably be banished.

this deal is getting...better all the time!!

3. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Its going to be fun no matter what.

4. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Minor update of Fan Force members attending & Fan Clubs with tables.

Will try to get a more tasty tidbit inserted sometime soon. :D

5. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
  6. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Woo hoo Aayla, Luminara and Barriss are coming to C2! See?

This is so going to rock!

7. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Just added them! :D

Fan Force did not apply for a table because we were unable to get enough people to man it throughout the convention to bother filling out the application. With Indy & Chicago both having tables, you'll be able to get whatever Fan Force info you want that way.

I don't think TF.N qualified for a Fan Table, as they aren't a fan club. I believe they may have purchased table space in the exhibtor area with all the other sponsors/retailers/advertisers/whatever tables.

8. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Thanks for this list. It's nice to actually be able to see a guest list and a schedule of events (no thanks to starwarscelebration.com).

9. RogueLeaderArthur

RogueLeaderArthur Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2002
    Hey Sulbulba-x whats going on at the Celebration II i hear that Jango Fett, and Anankin Skywalker will be there but not signing anything at all. I'm starting to get worried wether i should go or not. Please advise, because my friends and i wanted signed figures and posters, it's the reason why we wanted to go. Thanks for everything

10. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    You should go anyway. There will be lots of SW stars signing autographs, maybe not the top guys, but plenty of others will be there. Plus there are so many other things to do at SWC2 that all but the most cynical fans will enjoy themselves allot, or at least a little. Besides, in order to get all the autographs you have to buy tickets and probably spend most of your time there standing in line to get those autographs.
    Autographs are cool, but you don't want to miss out on everything else.

The best part of any con or fan event is hanging out with the other fans.

11. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Updated with the official site's Jango & Hayden...added Lobot & Plo Koon thanks to MysterySith...and since it's been a while, added yet another treat to the unconfirmed list. This guest is one bad moth...(shut yo mouth).

This is not an April Fool's joke.

12. DarthLarry

Oct 24, 2001
    oh my word, i really hope this is not an april fool's joke, but look what i found over at www.rebelscum.com:

Celebration Figure(s) Revealed
    Dave: The Stormtrooper pictured above is only one of many figures being given away to fans attending the Celebration in Indianapolis this May. Essentially the line will see re-released versions of the original twelve Kenner figures (Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, R2 D2, C 3PO, Darth Vader, Stormtrooper, Obi Wan, Sandperson, Jawa, and Death Squad Commander).

The Creator?s Series sees these figures remade and packaged on cards even more retro than the Toy Fair Vader. The only true difference is the addition of George Lucas? autograph printed over the logo.

The figures, while supplies last, will be randomly handed out to everyone entering into the Celebration. The line is in a limited production of 1977 of each figure and, unlike the Toy Fare Vader, there is no current plan to release any left over stock to the Fan Club. Making them a perfect collectible for everyone attending.

To prevent scalping and hoarding, the Celebration organizers have set up a secret registration that will prevent attendants from aquiring more than one single figure. Though they won't say what they have planned, they promise everyone who shows up early will get a Creator?s Series figure.

my head is spinning....

13. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    "The figures, while supplies last, will be randomly handed out to everyone entering into the Celebration." ....... "Though they won't say what they have planned, they promise everyone who shows up early will get a Creator?s Series figure."

So which one is it? Will it be totally random or just to those that get there early?

John

14. DarthLarry

Oct 24, 2001

not sure--this is just what i read over at rebelscum.

my guess is that it'll be random.

there's a picture over at the site, which you can see here:
    http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=8194

it looks kind of fake though, but maybe its just rebelscum's mockup or something.

this celebration is sounding "too good to be true"...

15. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Celebration will be too good to be true, but (bad grammar alert) more truer than you could possibly imagine.

I haven't heard anything about the exclusive figure for Celebration, and what I have heard isn't remotely close to what Rebelscum has posted. It's so out there and interesting (besides the fact that they would know if anyone) that it may be true...on the other hand, it is posted on April Fool's Day, so nothing's safe.

16. DarthLarry

Oct 24, 2001

yeah, if it is true, then they weren't very smart posting it on april 1st, you know? oh well, i suppose the timing couldn't have been helped.

it certainly sounds legit.

17. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    I'm with Seb-x on all that. From what I have heard it might be, yeah it's far off from that. And honestly the rumors I've heard I would like that figure better than these Collector's Series ones. but that's just me. Regardless, yeah nothing is safe on April fool's Day.

18. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    While we're on the topc of action figures, I just want to say that I think that the blue packaging for the figures from Episode II looks really stupid. I like the looks of the POTF/POTJ line with Vader's head in the top left corner, and I think they should hve gone with some variation of that format.

John

19. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Added two more authors per an email that was forwarded to me twice over from Del Rey Books.

20. K3-PO

K3-PO Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2002
    SEBUlba, maybe you can clarify something for me. I have my 3 day passes and always get thrown for a loop with Attendee Registration. What else do we have to do? Thanks

21. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    I know Im not Sebulba-X, but....

if you have your three-day pass, you are registered and don't have to do anything else in that respect. now if you have a question about the dreaded lanyard (I swear that word after C2 will cause cringes across the globe) or the concert or something else, that's a different story.

22. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    To Shara you listen.... ;)

If you have your pass, and you don't have any reason to pick up anything at "Will Call", then you are good to go. Just remember to bring your pass and walk on in (assuming the doors are open).

23. K3-PO

K3-PO Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2002
    Thats what I thought. Thanks guys. One month from today the road trip starts. Wohoo.

24. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    I saw Jerome Blake on the weekend (he played Rune Haako, Mas Amedda and about 4 other characters in TPM) and he said he would be at Celebration as well.

25. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Thanks for the info Sil! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.