main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*The Official Fifth Meeting Planning Thread*

Discussion in 'Archive: Lincoln, NE' started by Obi-Wan's Apparition, Sep 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    It would be really fun to do that. :) Who would be willing to host it though? I don't have a dvd player or a fancy tv... but if needed I'm sure it would suffice. :)

2. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    It would be nice to have the next meeting in about a month or so, agreed?

Yup, or sooner. If possible.

I drove past Fazoli's today and had fond memories... should we shoot for a mid-January meeting? We could even just get together and go see a movie together. :)

3. Nikina2001

Nikina2001 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2002
    That would be fun. I haven't seen you guys in forever! Except for Arwen of course. I miss you all! Hehe, I'm hyper. Cookies and coffee were served after my church service and I think I ate too much sugar! Anyway, back to the topic at hand or keyboard or whatever, mid January sounds good.

4. Talon_Knightwing

Talon_Knightwing Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2002
    hi, im new.

Just to point out, i live in Hastings and its only 1.5 hrs from lincoln. All of my best friends from HS go to UNL.

5. Arwen_Evenstar

Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    I may be busy until after May 18th, but hopefully not ;) Mid-January is as good a time as any.

So would you be able to come out for a meeting, Talon? :)

6. Talon_Knightwing

Sep 24, 2002
    i would, if i had a more reliable vehicle. I wont til tax return time :(

7. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Knowing us we might not organize another one till then :(

8. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Lets try to have out next meeting like the Sunday after (or before) Valentines day, ok? :D

9. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    the sunday BEFORE is **this** sunday.

Why before/after VALENTINE'S DAY? [face_plain]

10. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Bobafemme suggested Valentine's day would be a fun time to meet :)

I've got an idea - There's a Remedy CD release party on Saturday, February 22nd. If anyone else is free we could proclaim that a meet. We could go out for icecream or coffee or something before or after.

Also, I've discovered the best coffee house ever: Mo Java on 48th and St. Paul :D We should go there sometime.

11. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    That sounds like fun, Ashley. I'm still waiting to hear what Remedy sounds like, and it would be a nice little get together. :)

12. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    I'll post more info when I get it :)

13. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    where would this thing be? Do you know yet?

We really should have a meeting at a more quiet place........we still need to create a LOGO and get a banner done and everything else......MAKE FLYERS so we can actually get MORE MEMBERS.......we are so behind......most FanForces have at least *monthly* meetings and we can't even do that.

Plus, since I don't drive, I wouldn't be able to make it. [face_plain] I don't really think my dad or mom would want to take me out on a Saturday night somewhere.

14. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the main point of FanForce is to bring local SW fans together for camaraderie and whatnot. Yeah, we've got stuff to organize for the chapter, but if a couple of us can meet and do something fun together then that's better than nothing. So we're not as far along as some other chapters - so what? We're small and we're all very busy. It'll all come together soon enough :)

concert info:
    Saturday, February 22
    we are also having another release party in Lincoln on Saturday, February 22.
    this will be held at 7:30 at the UNL City Campus Union.
    it will be in the Centennial Room, which is at the top of the winding staircase.

:D

15. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    I'll try to make it if at all possible. :)

Just an idea, for our next meeting we should all bring our ideas for t-shirts/logos/etc. and we could vote on them then (just to get them out of the way).

16. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Oh, I suppose ;) :p

17. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I won't be able to go anyway - my niece and nephew are going to be staying at my parents' house and I have to play AUNT, for 8 days.

Plus, really loud noises tend to bother me..............so I'll be skipping this one.

18. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Okay...

Playing aunt - fun :D I love kids [face_love]

19. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Playing aunt... that's so cute! :D

Er, on second thought I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it. My allergies kicked in again. :(

20. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Oh, that's too bad :(

21. Talon_Knightwing

Sep 24, 2002
    ok, i just got back and spent some time catching up on things. doesnt look like i missed all that much. Seriously though, i think its about tije we all got down to business. Jedi_Liz has been hounding everyone to start comming upwith t-shirt desings for some timenow it seems, so lets not put it off any longer. Everyone should post some ideas of what they would like to see, so that we all can come up with something. Anyone with any experience in graphics design should prolly take someof those ideas anf create some concepts. I'mup for grabs if no one else has the time to do it, although i admit that im not the best at it.
    So, lets get some ideas on the table everyone!!!

22. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    March 16th, 2003 at 2:00. Sitting at the tables that we sat at for our first meeting. It would be our one year anniversary! :D

Yes? No?

23. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    My cousins are here that weekend, and I don't know when they're leaving, so I prolly wouldn't come. But it's a great idea, and if the others can make go for it! :D

One year... wow...

We've discussed t-shirts and whatnot several times, but none of us really felt artistic enough to attempt it. I believe our most recent idea was the capitol building with a jedi on top instead of the sower, yes?

24. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Actually Liz proposed it before our first meeting! It is hard to think that it's been one year already... it feels like yesterday.

25. Talon_Knightwing

Sep 24, 2002
    The caitol building was something i ws kinda hinking about as well, maybe thats something i can start working on. Any more ideas would help alot. I wouldn't be able to make it up for that weekend eiteher, i need to get my car liscensed, but i don't have the money for it right now, so i will prolly end up borrowing a friend's car for about a week tilli get my next check to get it liscensed. I should be able to make it up to lincoln anytime after that though i think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.