main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The OFFICIAL Film Music Trivia Quiz - New Game! [Quiz #4]

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by halibut, Apr 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. __Vader__

__Vader__ Jedi Master star 3

May 23, 2005
    Should we pm the answers to halibut or to Zarm_Rkeeg?

2. MrUnderhiII

MrUnderhiII Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2006
    Zarm_Rkeeg has taken the helm.

3. Zarm_Rkeeg

Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2003
    You can feel free to PM your answers to halibut... however, he will likely not give you any score for them, as he isn't currently running the quiz. I, on the other hand, will... provided they're the correct answers, of course. ;)

So, yeah... I would probably be a good choice, as far as PMing answers goes. :D

4. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    Just a quick note, folks... answers will be delayed 'till next Sunday or Monday for this round. Sorry!

5. MrUnderhiII

May 1, 2006
    Are you too busy for us, ZR??

6. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    Family vacation is a surrender to the inevitable, not a choice of priorities. ;)

7. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    Sorry for the delay- back from Oregon and ready to roll, now. The answers from Round 27: A Little Bit Of Everything, await:
    1. Star Wars: Shadows Of The Empire by Joel Mcneely- Xixor?s Theme.
    2. The Time Machine by Klaus Badelt ? I Don?t Belong Here
    3. The Prince Of Egypt by Hans Zimmer ? Goodbye Brother

Congrats to Well_Of_Souls for sweeping the round! The winners this time were:
    Well_Of_Souls ? 6 points
    TheBoogieMan ? 2 points
    Outrider462004 ? 2 points

As the Round Totals stack up, we look ahead towards the end of the Quiz, and our first VIPship award?
    Well_Of_Souls ? 16 point
    HookLineAndSinker ? 7 points
    Outrider462004 - 7 point
    TheBoogieMan - 5 points
    The-Tennis-Ball-Kid ? 3 points
    Darth-Lutgerous- 3 point
    Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon ? 2 points
    Darth_Vader-Anakin ? 2 points
    Indiana_Fett ? 2 point
    Mr_UnderhiII ? 1 points

Now, for something uncharacteristically easy for this late in the quiz: a trio of animated Disney themes. 1 point each for Film & composer, 1 bonus point each for identifying the track. A brief, easy Oasis before the crushing next round, followed by the easiest final round we?ve ever had- a little change of pace, once again. So get cracking!

http://h1.ripway.com/Zarm/Quiz9-1-06.zip

8. MrUnderhiII

May 1, 2006
    Thats understandable.
    Where did you go??

9. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    Seaside, Oregon. Lovely place. Good Geocaches.

10. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    Here we are, at the end of yet another exciting round! Did you let your conscience be your guide for Round 28: More Of The Mouse? The answers for these three Disney blockbusters are:
    1. Aladdin, by Alan Menkin, et al. The Battle
    2. Mulan, by Jerry Goldsmith. The Huns Attack
    3. Atlantis, by James Newton Howard. The Submarine

A trio of nice, easy, well recognized films. You shall not fare so easily this round... those that did fare well, however, were:
    Darth-Lutgerous- 6 points
    Well_Of_Souls ? 4 points
    Mr_UnderhiII ? 3 points

This sweeps Lutgerous into second- However, Well_Of_Souls has obviously taken up the HLS mantle, continuing a commanding lead- however, the next few rounds could still change things drastically...
    Well_Of_Souls ? 20 points
    Darth-Lutgerous - 9 points
    Outrider462004 - 7 points
    TheBoogieMan - 5 points
    Mr_UnderhiII ? 4 points
    Indiana_Fett ? 2 points

Okay, now I'm going to monkey-wrench things a little bit with a switch up. After much deliberation, I decided that the previous Final Round, while exotic enough in catergory, was ridiculously easy for a final round- just too recognizeable. So, the previous Final Round is now this round, and vice versa. So, the dates and clip numbers will be incorrect- just follow the link and go with me on this one. Your challenge: Identify the Rides, the Film they're based on, and the Composer of the theme the ride scores is based on. One point per clip- listen to the recordings and you'll hear why. Some easy points and a chance to up your standings before the big finale. So get to it!

http://h1.ripway.com/Zarm/NewQuiz9-7-06.zip

11. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    Okay, fellas, this is it! The final round, coming in to shake things up in the aftermath of Round 29: Insanely Easy Ride Scores. I assume that everyone agrees that would not have been a propper final round? In any event, the answers were:
    1. Back to the Future: The Ride. Based on Back to the Future (III, specifically, but we'll let that slide). Specifically based on the Point Of No Return, Composed by Alan Silvestri.
    2. Star Tours. Based on Star Wars. Specifically based on The Asteroid Field, Composed By John Williams.
    3. The Indiana Jones Adventure. Based on Indiana Jones. Specifically based on The Ark Theme, Composed By John Williams.

All three are great rides, by the way. Highly reccomended if you're ever dear Disneyland or Universal. Now then...

The scores for this round are:
    __Vader__ - 3 points
    Well_Of_Souls ? 3 points
    TheBoogieMan - 3 points
    Outrider462004 - 3 points
    Mr_UnderhiII ? 1 point
    Halibut - 3 points

Thus, the totals are as follows, leading up to the final confrontation:
    Well_Of_Souls ? 23 points
    Outrider462004 - 10 points
    Darth-Lutgerous - 9 points
    TheBoogieMan - 8 points
    Mr_UnderhiII ? 5 points
    __Vader__ - 3 points
    Halibut ? 3 points
    Indiana_Fett ? 2 points

This pretty much puts Well_Of_Souls in the clear... but the combined totals of the points below are still suifficient for anyone above HLS's water-mark to still tie or take the lead... presuming, of course, that there's anyone here able to get all three clips... which, based on this selection and theme, I doubt it. [face_devil] Mu Hu Hwa Hwa Hwa Hwa!

But hey, I'd love to be surprised...

And for everyone else, remember- any points you get will still be added to your cumulative totals for the over-all winner reace at the end of every quiz! So... Your next challenge is a formidable one, indeed- resting on the tenuous theme of 'Previous Versions Of A Story Made Into A Major Film Since The Turn Of The Century.'

No, really. It works better than it sounds.

I swear.

In any event, these are the main themes- I'm looking for film and composer- one should be fairly recognizeable, #86, which is worth three points. Less recognizeable is #88, worth five points. And finally, kindred sprits and fans of the series only will recognize the middle clip, #87, worth seven points- because you're my kind of people. ;) Yeah, I know, I should really just re-number them in ascending order. Whadda you want? I'm lazy. ;)

http://h1.ripway.com/Zarm/Quiz9-7-06.zip

So this is it- the final round of the third quiz- ignore the incorrect dates and numbering- just follow the link provided, and good luck!

12. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Would you believe that the only answer I know off the top of my head is clip #87? Anyway, good luck to all and may the best Well_Of_Souls win! :p

13. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Same here LOL!

14. Darth_Vader-Anakin

Darth_Vader-Anakin Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 22, 2002
    I'll chime in as a thrid person!

15. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    Yeah... that's kinda been surprising me. I guess that particular tune is more widely known than I'd first believed... well, good to know so many kindred spirits, at least... [:D]

Alright, based on recent events, I'm switching things around a little bit- I won't lower 87's value, as it's already promised- but I am increasing #86's to match, as it remains un-guessed at this juncture. This leaves several individuals who have already submitted, should they guess it correctly, in a position to challenge for the lead.

(BTW, Outrider- I was born and raised in America, and am quite aware of the story's popularity- I simply wasn't aware that this particular version of the story was so well-known!)

16. outrider462004

outrider462004 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2004
    Clip 87. It is very widely known. Don't believe me, come to America.

17. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Damn I wish I had the money to fix my speakers. But that money is invested in more important things. But I'm so curious about these clips! :(

18. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    Answers tomorrow- don't wait until the last minute, now- this could be your final opportunity to shake things up for this quiz!

(Especially since I've seen at least two of you claiming to know the answer who haven't PMed any answers yet!)

19. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    Okay, Round 30: I Thought I Heard That Somewhere Before (Including This Title?) is finished, and with it, Quiz #3. There are still two more in the works, of course, so tune in next week, same bat time, same bat channel, as the quiz moves (potentially) to Saturdays.

Meanwhile, I?m sure everyone?s rather anxious to know the answers. I was pleasantly surprised to find so many familiar with clip 2 (#87) which was apparently more popular than I had realized (though perhaps not the definitive version of the series, it?s still representative of a most beloved set of books in our household?) meanwhile, I was rather shocked at the lack of recognition for clip 1 (#86) though the last minute point increase, ironically, was what allowed the front runner to maintain a tenuous but solid grasp on first place. So, without further ado?

1. How the Grinch Stole Christmas, by Albert Hague (congrats to Well_Of_Souls for being the soul identifier!)
    2. The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe (Though any of the BBC Narnia series would have been an acceptable answer, as they share the theme) by Geoffrey Burgon
    3. The Lord Of The Rings (Ralph Bakshi animated version) by Leonard Rosenman (Congrats to Darth-Lutgerous and The-Tennis-Ball-Kid for identifying this one!)

Well. The scores certainly had an upheaval this round! Things were shaken as never before, but as the dust settles?
    The-Tennis-Ball-Kid ? 12 points (clips 87 and 88 correct)
    Darth-Lutgerous ? 12 points (clips 87 and 88 correct)
    TheBoogieMan ? 7 points (clip 87 correct)
    Darth_Vader-Anakin ? 7 points (clip 87 correct)
    Halibut ? 7 points (clip 87 correct)
    Well_Of_Souls ? 7 points (clip 86 correct)
    Outrider462004 ? 7 points (clip 87 correct)

?Our front-runner manages to hang on to first! The winner of Quiz 3?

Well_Of_Souls!

http://h1.ripway.com/Zarm/Quiz3Recap.mp3

Well_Of_Souls ? 30 points
    Darth-Lutgerous - 21 points
    Outrider462004 - 17 points
    The-Tennis-Ball-Kid ? 15 points
    TheBoogieMan - 15 points
    Halibut ? 10 points
    Darth_Vader-Anakin ? 9 points
    Mr_UnderhiII ? 5 points
    __Vader__ - 3 points
    Indiana_Fett ? 2 points

I will be contacting the good General in charge of the forums to confirm about the VIPship immediately.

However, sometimes a powerfully crushing lead is enough to tide one through the hard times? so, as we look at our cumulative scores for the entire quiz combined, we find with some surprise that, despite dropping out midway through the third quiz due to technical difficulties, our first place champion maintains a bare lead! Congratulations once again?

HookLineAndSinker!

The cumulative winner?s comemmorative audio clip will be sent to you post-haste. And yes, as you did drop out due to malfunctioning speakers, I am aware of the bitter irony. Get well soon, man.

HookLineAndSinker ? 50 total
    Well_Of_Souls ? 48 total
    The-Tennis-Ball-Kid ? 26 total
    Darth-Lutgerous- 24 total
    Outrider462004 - 22 total
    Halibut - 19 total
    TheBoogieMan ? 15 total
    Darth_Vader-Anakin ? 15 total
    Sithgoblin3- 14 total
    Indiana_Fett ? 8 total
    MrUnderhiII ? 7 total
    Obiwanws2 ? 5 total
    Darth_Omega ? 4 total
    Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon ? 4 total
    __Vader__ - 3 total
    Mvwg3003 ? 1 total

Well, this may have been our liveliest quiz yet- thanks to everyone for the high participation level! Don?t worry, the quizzes aren?t over, just taking a brief break to re-align on a new date- so (assuming the forgetful and generally slobish quiz manager doesn?t forget, of course?) see you on Saturday for the start of Quiz #4!

May the Force be with you?

20. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    Phew, thanks be to broken speakers. :p

21. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Damn these speakers!!!!

Must....get....them.....fixed.... :_|

22. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Congrats to Well_Of_Souls!

23. MrUnderhiII

May 1, 2006
    Nice job WOS!

Im gunnin for you next round.

24. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    Hey, WOS... you look good in crimson! =D=

HLS... what are you complaining about- you're already a VIP and you still won one of the contests! ;) Seriously, man... I hope that does work out for you soon...

25. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Congratulations, Well_of_Souls. :D

I can't wait for the next quiz, Zarm. You are doing an excellent, excellent job. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.