main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The OFFICIAL Film Music Trivia Quiz - New Game! [Quiz #4]

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by halibut, Apr 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Indeed, although your title looks odd :p

Bring on the next one :D

2. Zarm_Rkeeg

Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2003
    What are you talki- HEY! :mad: :oops: GK!!!

Oh, well... that Trvia isn't gonna post itself...

Okay, rise and shine! It's time for Quiz #4! Scores are re-set! Newcomers are welcome, as always! And awaaaay we go...

As usual, we'll start things off slow: a trio of themes with some granduer to them. I'm looking for film name and composer for 1 point. Name the track for a bonus point. An easy 6 points to start things off.

http://h1.ripway.com/Zarm/Quiz9-23-06.zip

The first couple of rounds may be lightweights... but I've kept some of the best rounds in store for this quiz, so watch out!

And, of course... have fun!

3. Darth_Vader-Anakin

Darth_Vader-Anakin Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 22, 2002
    It's a couple days late, but congrats Well_of_Souls!

4. outrider462004

outrider462004 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2004
    Here we go again

5. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Oops. Sorry about that.

Fixed.

6. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    Oops. this seems to be SNAFU day all around, I guess. It's been a while since I compiled all of these clips, so a certain detail escaped me...

As Darth_Vader-Anakin pointed out to me, clip 3 is in fact from a compilation album, not the official soundtrack- so the orchestration is slightly different. Bonus point eliminated from that one, obviously.

Sorry. [face_blush]

7. Darth_Vader-Anakin

Jul 22, 2002
    I think for pointing it out, I should get a bonus point. ;)

8. __Vader__

__Vader__ Jedi Master star 3

May 23, 2005
    :mad: AARRGGHH.... I know I've heard all of those somewhere...

9. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Ah a new quiz, ive been wanting to participate in one of these for a while. Do we just PM the answers?

10. Darth_Vader-Anakin

Jul 22, 2002
    Yes. Just go ahead and pm your answers to Zarm_Rkeeg.

11. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Thanks! This weeks a nice fairly easy first round!

12. MrUnderhiII

MrUnderhiII Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2006
    HLS, are your speakers working yet??

13. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    Well, that was easy. Though I must say I expected a few more people to take a stab at some nearly-free points! I mean, come on- the Jurassic Park Theme? Anyway, for those that guessed and those that were just curious, here are the answers to Round 31: This One?s REALLY Easy?
    1. Stargate, by David Arnold. Mastadge Drag.
    2. Star Wars: Attack Of The Clones, by John Williams. Departing Coruscant.
    3. Jurassic Park, by John Williams. Compilation Track.

So, congrats to those who guessed, and a heart ?what happened?? to those that didn?t. As for those in the former category, they fall into the following ranks- oh, and those of you breathing a sigh of relief, be wary... 'cause guess who's back:
    Well_Of_Souls ? 5 points
    Darth_Vader-Anakin ? 5 points
    Outrider462004 ? 5 points
    HookLineAndSinker ? 5 points
    Scoot ? 4 points
    TheBoogieMan ? 3 points
    MrUnderhiII ? 1 point

Which also happens to be our Quiz Total, at the moment. Not a bad start! Now then, onto the next round?

?How bad of a sign is it when you play back the clips for the week and you can?t recognize one of them yourself until you use process of elimination based on the category? Hopefully, it was just an off-day for me, but just in case, I?m offering triple points for clip #97- in I.D. and bonus.

Now, as for the category? it really couldn?t be much easier, actually. After all, how do you get much simpler than ?They?re all from summer blockbuster? of this year?? Narrows things down quite a bit! Of course, they?re not the main themes, so we?ll stick with the last round?s setup- 1 point for film/composer, 1 bonus point for identifying the track. (But don?t worry, oh ye in the lead who fear the other ranks closing in- the penny- er? point-pinching begins next round- so those of you looking to make some advancements in status may want to focus this round!)

Here you go!

http://h1.ripway.com/Zarm/Quiz9-30-06.zip

14. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    Uh oh... HLS is back in action.

15. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Ah, well, that would explain things. I've never seen an episode of Stargate. :p

16. MrUnderhiII

May 1, 2006
    ^Me either. I hate when that happens.

A lot of the time i can name the score even when i havent seen the movie yet. Lol.

17. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    Well, you needn't have seen an episode of Stargate- the track was from the film itself. I learned my lesson about TV show scores... [face_blush]

18. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Are the quizzes weekly? Just trying to figure out how many days I have left to identify bloody track 97!

19. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Well I haven't seen the film either. ;)

20. MrUnderhiII

May 1, 2006
    ^that goes for me too!

Track 97 ripped me a new one.

21. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    Perhaps it's time I re-stated the rules... it's been a while.

This OFFICIAL Film Music Trivia Quiz is a weekly quiz (formerly with Thursday updates, now moved to Saturday) in which I post the clips, and you PM the guesses. You can submit more than one guess if you wish, to correct earlier guesses- but if you talk yourself out of a correct answer, I won't count it.

Newcomers are welcome at any round of the game- you don't ahve to wait for a new quiz to join, just submit answers. In addition to the 10-round quiz and it's winner, a second contest is running based on cumulative points from all of the quizes since I took over, so even if a round's points won't get you to 1st in the quiz itself, they'll still add to your overall cumulative score.

Other than that, the point values as I announce them are self-evident in the individual posts. And now, thanks to our generous moderator General Kenobi, the winner of each round gets a temporary VIP-ship, and the cumulative total winner each round gets an usual music track of a random nature, one of the many I've encountered in my internet wanderings, to add to their collection.

Any questions, feel free to post 'em and I'll do my best to answer 'em- but I believe that sums up the OFFICIAL (I don't think I'll ever get tired of saying that...) Film Music Trivia Quiz!

22. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    All right! [face_pumpkin] The Blockbusters are done and fall is in the air (at least, over here on the West Coast, USA.) Sounds like a good time to cap off Round 32: Summer Scores. So, without further ado:
    1. Superman Returns, by John Ottman. Memories.
    2. Pirates of the Caribben: Dead Man?s Chest, by Hans Zimmer. Dinner Is Served.
    3. Cars, by Randy Newman. The Big Race.

Those who successfully busted these blockbusters were:
    Darth_Vader-Anakin ? 10 points
    HookLineAndSinker ? 4 points
    Scoot ? 4 points
    Outrider462004 ? 4 points
    Mr. UnderhiII ? 3 points

This puts out totals at:
    Darth_Vader-Anakin ? 15 points
    HookLineAndSinker ? 9 points
    Outrider462004 ? 9 points
    Scoot ? 8 points
    Well_Of_Souls ? 5 points
    MrUnderhiII ? 4 point
    TheBoogieMan ? 3 points

Not bad for this early in the quiz! And now?

?it?s our birthday, precious! [face_dancing] Yes, indeed- this batch contains the new Official Music Trivia Quiz?s 100th clip! Hooray! To celebrate, I?ll make this a 5-point each round!

Or maybe that?s ?cause it?s pretty tricky.

These three somber, brooding, openings may be from any film, any era, and anywhere in the film. To collect your points, you?ll need to give me the film, composer, and track. Except for clip #98, which is a re-orchestration.

I?m betting I?ll get several clip 99s, but I?m curious to see if ANYONE will get clip #100, which remained as a mystery track on my IPOD for so long, I almost considered making it a bonus ?Can anybody tell me what this is? question in the quiz before I finally recognized it. So good luck with that. [face_devil]

http://h1.ripway.com/Zarm/Quiz10-7-06.zip

23. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    Where are my points? :_|

24. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001

Your points are my points. I didn't even listen to these clips. I decided not to waste anymore blank cd's. That was the only way I could hear the last rounds clips since the soundcard is dead on my comp. Though from the answers, I would have gotten 2 of the 3. Oh well.

So it should read...

Darth_Vader-Anakin ? 10 points
    Well_Of_Souls ? 4 points
    Scoot ? 4 points
    Outrider462004 ? 4 points
    Mr. UnderhiII ? 3 points

This puts out totals at:
    Darth_Vader-Anakin ? 15 points
    Well_Of_Souls ? 9 points
    Outrider462004 ? 9 points
    Scoot ? 8 points
    HookLineAndSinker ? 5 points
    MrUnderhiII ? 4 point
    TheBoogieMan ? 3 points

25. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    ...um... yeah. I was just... testing you... [face_blush]

:oops:

Okay, this is not my month. Sorry, WOS. HLS is right- I'll fix that in my notes and post based on the corrected stats next round.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.