Discussion in 'Games' started by BobaNet, Mar 22, 2000.
Make that Redemption at Abridon 1.
I played...a little.
Well, I got a small opportunity to play Force Commander. In the space of...oh, an hour or so, I got myself used to the camera and got through the training missions. I was doing rather well on the first real mission, when I found something disturbing. I was about to send 2 AT-STs and 3-4 AT-PTs to the second bunker above my base, and along comes a rebel transport. I thought I had an easy kill, until the thing apparently ran over and destroyed my AT-PTs!!
They should really warn us about that kind of thing.
If you have problems with things like that, you should try Redemption at Abridon II .
I would love to play FC more, but the game crashes windows almost evertime I run it. I am on Abridon. I was once on part 2, but I didn't have autosave on and my computer crashed. I am back on part one. Lovely
Wow...I thought this thread would be dead and deleted by now.
I've finally gotten the chance to play the game, and am beating an average of 1 level per day (playing 2 days a week due to homework and job).
I wanted to add some little tricks I've found for some of the levels.
1. Abridon Pt.3 is really easy, ONCE you learn this secret.
**Its possible to completely destroy the Rebel Base, WITHOUT the renegade Walker moving an inch.**
1. Call down extra AT-AAs, you'll need them (I had 7, I think).
2. Line up all the AT-AAs along the road, right where the Y-Wings would normally come.
3. Right behind the AT-AAs and next to the mountain, place your TR-MB.
4. Send all your Stormtroopers over the mountain. There is oneplace they can get over.
5. There is a bunker there, take it. You'll need the CPs.
6. With your TR-MB where it is, you should be able to call down troops/ vehicles on the OTHER side of the mountain.
7. From here, you have a clear shot to the Rebel Base.
8. If you capture 1 Rebel Command Center, and destroy the other, you still get the bonus for destroying it. So capture the closest base, and destroy the second.
9. Take over the shield generators. NOTHING can destroy an AT-AT with shielding.
10. Call down some mobile artillery on the TR-MB side of the mountains and deploy them.
11. Trip the wire and get the Renegade moving.
12. A Rebel Tank and a Proton-torpedo launcher will appear right very close to the bunker. Mobile artillery will destroy them.
13. Place an AT-AT right along the path the Renegade will take, and blast it when it comes.
When I figured this out, I had spent 5+ hours trying to get to do the level the conventional way, with 1 of 2 outcomes.
1. I could get to the walker fast enough.
2. I got to the walker, but had practically no defenses left to take the Rebel Base, and not enought CPs to call anything significant down.
Also, as a Rebel, (I'm not Redemption pt2, now), I highly recommend capturing AT-ATs. In the last 3 levels (Walker Gambit 1, 2 and Redemption) I've captured at least 1 AT-AT. As I said before, NOT can defeat an AT-AT with full shields, especially if you call down a tech center, and give it HP upgrades.
Last thing. On Redemption Pt 1, you can, again, outsmart the system.
1. Do everything except take the government center (destroy all Imp units recommended).
2. Blockade both ends of the small valley the runs along the center of the map.
3. Take the government center.
4. Some AT-STs and At-PTs will appear between the 2 blockades, and be destroyed.
5. Now save the refugees un-harassed.
Let this thread live on forever...or at least until I can get home and save it page-by-page to my HD.
How in the hell do these threads consolidate?
Right out of the blue the subject changes from epic's nomination of being admin to Force Commander discussion.
hehe the silly snowboard transfer messed up a ton of good threads. Boo
Anyway, I've had this game for a month now and I still haven't installed it. I need some motivation...