main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Force Commander Hints & Tips Thread..

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by BobaNet, Mar 22, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Saber

Darth Saber Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 29, 1999
    Okay, Wampatauntaun. I finally killed that stupid AT-AT. What a suprise to who's in it! i won't spoil it though Now, I've tried for days to get rid of the Reb base. I destroyed 2 Command Centers, 2 Shield Generators, a few turrets, and an unfathomable amount of Rebel Tanks, Hovertanks, Troopers,etc. Still, the mission won't end! What does it mean "Destroy The Rebel Base?" Doesn't that mean destroy the Command Center(s)? What else do I have to do?

P.S. This has to be the hardest mission so far. There are about a million tanks and rebel units next to that turret! How in the world do I destroy that? HELP HELP HELP!!!!

2. Commander Horn

Commander Horn Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2000
    The trick, Darth Saber, is to take your time!!

After blowing up the rouge you have as much time as you want, so build whatever you like, just as long as you have some AT-AA. Then go rush the base at your lesure.

3. Insane Anakin

Insane Anakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 1999
    I better get going, then! I'll probably be at Abridon Pt. 3 by Friday or Saturday.

4. stormtripper2000

stormtripper2000 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 1999
    Darth Binky, do you send the troopers down the hill and not along the path or do stormtroopers not set off the markes for the ATAT?There is so much Rebel resistance I would think troopers would get slaughtered. I'll try it and let everyone know if I got it to work.

5. Insane Anakin

Nov 12, 1999
    Just recaptured the Imperial Base on Abridon Pt. 1. What shall I build for my attack on the Govt. Center?

6. Darth Saber

Sep 29, 1999
    Has anyone been able to kill off all The Rebel Resistence in Abridon, Part III? There's no way I can destroy all those tanks without a whole lot of Command Points, which I don't have. What does it exactly mean "Destroy The Rebel Base?" What else should I take out? I destroyed the 2 Command Centers, 2 Shield Generators, and a few turrets. There is just to much Rebel Resistence! Next to the island, there is a swarm of tanks and stuff in a huge ball? How do I hope to take that out? PLEASE Help!!!

7. Insane Anakin

Nov 12, 1999
    Well, after the recapture of the Imp Base, I'm pretty much stuck.

8. Cirrocu

Cirrocu Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2000
    On Abridon 3, there's a trip line that you have to cross in order to end the level. And yes, it's over by the hornet's nest of Rebel armor and artillery. If I remember correctly, the line is almost on top of the Reb units, even with the trees (or thereabouts). Buy yourself an AT-AT and just barrel in. Once you cross the line, the level will end.

9. Cirrocu

Cirrocu Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2000
    WALKER GAMBIT

Couple of cool levels, and the challenge level gets cranked up. Still no armor for the Rebels, but the Imps have all their stuff (except TIE Bombers and Heavy Artillery). Part 2 is especially challenging, as the Imperials have air defenses rivaling the Iraqis during the Gulf War, and enough anti-armor, anti-infantry, and mobile artillery to make unsupported ground troops nothing but cannon fodder.

You do start out with a captured AT-AT at your disposal, but naturally its survival is one of the mission objectives.

Have fun!

HINT : Find a couple of isolated AAA to occupy...

10. Commander Horn

Commander Horn Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2000
    Hey Cirrocu!!

How did you beat Return To Ruul? I am so stuck. I can rescue Tulon but I am mobbed and someimes I can't even free him. Does anyone have any help?

11. Darth Saber

Sep 29, 1999
    Oh my God!!!!!!!!! I finally beat that darn level! Long live the Rebel Alliance, (now that I finally beat that mission) . Whoa, that was a pretty sad story... I won't spoil it for you guys. Let's see if I can beat Escape from Kalaan!

12. Jedi Wright

Jedi Wright Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 1999
    Anyone got any advice on Abridon part I ? Its got me stuck, mind you i only managed to finish Endor with Darth Vader and 2 stormtroopers tongue.gif Anyone got any tips in Genaral on how to survive?

One question, if you put units in Storage, can that allow you to recall units even if that unit type isn't avalible to you in that mission? for example, the AT-AA on Endor?

-Jedi Wright-

13. Jedi Wright

Aug 10, 1999
    Anyone got any advice on Abridon part I ? Its got me stuck, mind you i only managed to finish Endor with Darth Vader and 2 stormtroopers tongue.gif Anyone got any tips in Genaral on how to survive?

One question, if you put units in Storage, can that allow you to recall units even if that unit type isn't avalible to you in that mission? for example, the AT-AA on Endor?

-Jedi Wright-

14. stormtripper2000

stormtripper2000 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 1999
    I don't think you can even call for more troops on Endor.

Abridon Pt. 1: recapture the the Imp base. Bottom Right corner of the map. It isn't too difficult. If you want to go after the rebel base, send a bunch of stormtroopers over th mountains behing the rebel base. Get then to capture the base and the turrets. You should be able to then march som ATATS through the valley and take out the shield and tanks. From there it just takes time.

15. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Just thought I'd say that this thread rocks! Highly informative.

16. Darth Saber

Sep 29, 1999
    Jedi Wright: For a more detailed walkthrough check out my Post on page 2.

17. Jedi Wright

Aug 10, 1999
    Thanks Darth Saber, after posting i relised that.

18. Darth Saber

Sep 29, 1999
    You're welcome, Jedi Wright. How's it coming? Anyone else want to discuss Force Commander?

Darth Saber

19. WampaTaunTaun

WampaTaunTaun Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 1999
    I'd love to. If someone could just give me a little hint to Return to Ruul Pt2.

20. WampaTaunTaun

Nov 26, 1999
    Halleluhia!!!!! I finished Return to Ruul Pt2 last night. I don't think that I did it quite the way it was supposed to be done but hey, whatever works.

21. Roy_Starkiller

Roy_Starkiller Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2000
    I'll gladly join the discussion...if someone can give me a computer that runs the game. lol.

22. Jedi Wright

Aug 10, 1999
    I'm still on Abridon part II, but i haven't been playing for the last 2 days because real life finally caught up my Force Commander Game so i have hardly anytime. Anyway just curious but how far on is everyone?

-Jedi Wright-

23. WampaTaunTaun

Nov 26, 1999
    I stopped for almost a week as well. We have a 3 month old son and yard work to do. I just started up again last night. I am on Walker Gambit Pt2.

24. ATATzsinj

ATATzsinj Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2000
    Here's my level guide to the two Ruul missions.

Mission 1

This is a really nice and enjoyable level - I found it very satisfying building up a powerful base and huge forces of AT-STs.

First of all, call down a few AT-STs and some stormtroopers and station them in the base to protect it. Also build one anti-inf and one anti-vehicle turret to take out the Rebel craft that keep attacking.

Then send a mixed force of STs, PTs and troopers north to take the first two bunkers and explore the eastern side of the map.

The cavern directly north of the landing site with the Rebel outpost is really useful once captured. You can land troops and walkers there. Build up a massive force of about twelve AT-STs, then follow the path round to take the rebel turrets. Sweep along the path with a massive walker force until you reach the computer centre. The force should be about twelve AT-STs and twelve AT-PTs - if you don't have the command points then AT-STs generally provide better value.

Send loads of troops to the computer complex directly east from the command centre. When it's secure, send Dellis round in an AT-ST.

This took me a long time - about 4 1/2 hours. Build up forces at your command centre - you'll need them later on when you venture forth.

Mission 2

I got real frustrated with this one, but it only took me 1 1/2 hours.

Build lots of turrets at the command centre and set a couple of STs and PTs patrolling around them. Make sure you can leave the centre to take out any attacks - this provides a nice flow of command points.

Send a couple of AT-STs and about three PTs on a scouting mission to clear out about the whole map. I would leave the rebel base in the centre though - it's almost impossible to capture or destroy unless you have the points for about twenty AT-STs.

Then go for the route along the path at the east side of the map. Send four AT-STs to destroy the two turrets at the com centre way up north. Then set half a dozen walkers patrolling up and down the path to clear the way.

Take Dellis with six troopers to protect him along the path. Plant many beacons along the first part, so the loss of one won't take the whole thing out - although it's close to your base the south part of the route seems to be sabotaged more. Then run along the last half of the path, planting beacons - ignore the rebel base in the centre completely. Once you click the last beacon button, you can relax back and look forward to Sarapin, mission 1 of which I'm on now.

-----------------

I'm a novice strategy gamer, but hope this helps anyone who got stuck in the same places as me. I found mission 2 far harder than 1.

A very silly problem I got stuck in was trying to send big D into the computer complex (mission 1) when it was full. It can only take five people -clear one of them out to make room for Big D.

25. ATATzsinj

ATATzsinj Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2000
    Any tips for Sarapin 1?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.