main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Force Commander Hints & Tips Thread..

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by BobaNet, Mar 22, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insane Anakin

Insane Anakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 1999
    Just call down Turret Control first thing, get an A-V and A-I, at the same time, get a full load of stormtroopers right away to man the turrets. The first two or three hectic battles, you'll have enough CPs to bring down about 6 Mobile Artillery. The MAs will whomp any troops and leave a big dent in the invading vehicles. Be sure to bring down a Repair Droid (can you do this?) to fix up the turrets and MAs.

2. Darth Saber

Darth Saber Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 29, 1999
    Okay guys, I'm on Redemption at Abridon, Part 2. Can anyone tell me how to use my Scanner Jammers affectively on this mission? Also, how in the world do I avoid the Imperials when they are everywhere on the map?

Darth Saber

3. Darth Saber

Sep 29, 1999
    Can anyone help me with Redemption at Abridon, Part 2? How do I use the scanner jammers effectively?

4. ATATzsinj

ATATzsinj Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2000
    I don't think that scanner jammers are all that useful

5. WampaTaunTaun

WampaTaunTaun Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 1999
    I agree. I just headed West, then angled NE to avoid as many Imperials as I could. When I got to the middle of the map I was attacked. I used the scanner jammers minorly to confuse some AT-STs while my transports made a mad dash to the NE bridge to the shipyard. I left the Scanner Jammers behind to be the focus of the attack and allowed them to get pummeled while I made my getaway.

6. ATATzsinj

Mar 11, 2000
    Best Imp Unit: AT-AT.

Worst Imp Unit: Darned ******** TR-MB. I've been stuck on Abridon 3 for four days now because it has to survive. Give me a properly armoured com centre that doesn't have to survive and can put down buildings anyday (that darned Mobile Base has less armour than a single turret)!

7. Ice Heart

Ice Heart Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2000
    Well, what I did was I ordered LOTS of AT-AA's to protect all my units. Then I moved ever so carefully across and around the hill where you start out, destroyed the Rebels across the bridge and waited all my units across the bridge, just far enough that it doesn't start the crazed AT-AT sequence. Then I ordered a troop transport and six stormtroopers, put them in the transport, sent it all the way to the rouge walker, deployed troops, and I was able to destroy it before it got even pass the bridge. Trust me, six stormtroopers and a transport will be able to take out the walker.

---------------------------------------------

One people. One army. One Empire. One leader.

8. ATATzsinj

Mar 11, 2000
    Any hints for Escape from Kalaan???

9. Darth Saber

Sep 29, 1999
    Okay, here is how you beat Escape from Kalaan:

First thing, recruit all the stormtroopers you can. Explore the jail area and the Comm Center, as long as you don't fire on anyone, they won't fire on you. After you get the troopers, now take each turret next to the TR-MB. But remember, Don't move it yet! If you move it, the alarm will set off and the Empire will tear you to shreds. Next, take the Command Center wit 4 Stormies and liberate Luke Skywalker. March him over to the TR-MB and put him inside with Brenn Tantor. Now you are ready to leave. Take your 4 Stormies that took the Command Center, and position them to fire on the nearby mobile artillery. Now, fire on it, setting of the alarm. When it blows, take your captured turrets and fire on the nearby AT-ST's patrolling. Now the hard part is to gather the Kalaanites and take the AV turrets one at a time. If you want, you can use Luke to take over a few turrets. He is a Jedi Master, and will hardly take any damage. This will take some time, so don't rush it. Ease your troopers or Kalaanites to take them one at a time. Then, you can meet up at the Rebel rendevous point. Hope this helps.

Hey everybody! I'm glad some people are still playing FC! I am now on The Seige of Coruscant, Part 3, and its kinda hard. The imperials attack very often. We should continue the discussion!!

Darth Saber

10. ATATzsinj

Mar 11, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>It seems not

11. stormtripper2000

stormtripper2000 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 1999
    I put FC down for a while to play JPB. I am on Abridon PT2 or 3. You know the part where you have to get the Reb pilots to the AWings. I am probably going to start playing FC again when I beat JPB. I got a little frustrated with FC and figured if I took a break I could come back to it and whoop butt. That usually works for me.

12. Darth Saber

Sep 29, 1999
    Yeah, that's what I do too, Stormtripper2000. I found Redemption at Abridon, Part 3 extremely difficult, and I was so frustrated I didn't play for like 3 weeks. But, now that I'm on The Seige of Coruscant, Part 3, I can't beat it and am becoming mad. I can't even mount an offensive, or hold onto my base. But, since I do have a Comm Center, this mission won't be to difficult, just time consuming.

13. Insane Anakin

Insane Anakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 1999
    I'm also on the A-Wing mission. Played for about 40 minutes yesterday, the first time in about 2 weeks. I just want to beat the game! Then I can play multiplayer without guilt.

14. ATATzsinj

Mar 11, 2000
    I already knew most of it from IGN, Darth Saber, but thanks anyway for the tip about Luke.

15. Cirrocu

Cirrocu Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2000
    Heh. Siege 3 is a killer. I just finished it tonight, after working on it for about three days or so. Yeesh.

It's pretty hectic through a lot of the mission. The Imperials will keep coming and coming until you take out all five command centers. The good news is, the attacks are so frequent and massive that you can amass a HUGE force (by the end I had I think about 15000 CPS) and not run out of CPs. At least too often. Don't worry about having a negative CP flow; you won't survive if you don't have a whole lot of AV turrets and a few AT-ATs (I ended up with 3 walkers; could've taken more).

Oh, and that annoying little "you can only buy 4 Y-Wings PERIOD" bug shows up again. Oh, how I wanted to max out my air power and go on a mad carpet-bombing spree. Alas, 'twas not to be.

Artillery is your friend in this one, also. Don't even try to defend your base with less than two torpedo launchers. Also, there is a fixed artillery on the northwest corner of the Palace platform that's very useful in taking out many of the turrets around there. But use some Y-Wings to take out the rest of the turrets on the west ledge first (they should stay out of range of the AAA on the ledge above).

Oh, and if you take out that walker depot on the west edge, the Walker attacks against the SW corner of your base will cease. You'll still get a walker from time to time against your NE corner, but those become manageable.

Did I mention that there are TWO landing platforms?

The good news is, the Imps don't garrison any of their bases fully. On average, there were only two or three Stormies per structure, and many of a base's auxillary structures were frequently undefended.

Basically, build up your base defenses to the point where you can shrug off the attacks without having to take an active part. In between rushes, send out air power to the edges of the map; the Imps have small squads of walkers and troops hidden in the nooks and crannies. After that, send out suicide squads of Infiltrators in Hover Transports to take over buildings. Then blow them up to keep them out of the bad guys' hands. I came under the impression that the Imps wouldn't try to take them back, but I wasn't taking chances. I didn't want to have to worry about defending remote buildings AND my main base.

After you take out the two southern and the NW Imp Command Centers, the attacks fall off dramatically and you can focus on taking down the Palace's defenses.

Oh, and above all, keep at least two or three Beans around to fix turrets and Walkers in between attacks.

Well, that was my strategy. The Prima guide had some idea about mounting a frontal assault on the Palace platform with AT-AT's, but I found it much easier to capture that Fixed Artillery, spot with a Scanner Jammer, and take stuff out a little bit at a time. Sure, it took me forever, but it worked.

16. Cirrocu

Cirrocu Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2000
    Hey, I'm a Jedi Knight now. Cool.

But you would think a Jedi Knight could tell directions...

I just realized that the various locations I gave in my post about SoC 3 are backwards. The SW corner of the Rebel base? It's actually northeast.

Most of the time, I had my camera view fixed behind the airfield looking out, and for some reason I had it fixed in my mind that I was at the south end looking north. Well, I was at the north end looking south. My bad.

So just swing all the directions around by 180 degrees and you'll get the idea.

Bad video game player!

17. Ice Heart

Ice Heart Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2000
    What's that walker depot thing anyways, on the last mission in the Rebel's side?

18. xfrenchkissingx

xfrenchkissingx Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2000
  19. Cirrocu

Cirrocu Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2000
    Near as I can tell, the "Walker Depot" is simply a place that spawns walkers.

In SoC Part 2, there was a Walker Depot that had an AT-AT and a few AT-AA just chllin' when I showed up with my AT-AT and a few Attack Tanks. Hilarity ensued.

But taking out the Walker Depot in part 3 will eliminate the walker attacks against that corner of your base.

20. oxygen

oxygen Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2000
    Im not sure if these threads are allowed, but what they hey...this is just my personal communication to the forum.

epic seems to be around a LOT. With the recent admins leaving like, YTAP and Paul what do you think about a new Admin? epic has been around for a long time, and like I said, is around a lot, and is popular with everyoone...he seems a logical choice. He could bridge the gap between user and Admin, because he hangs around us normal folk a lot. I think thats a good trait to have.

Anyway, i just found out we live in the same city, so maybe i will one day meet him and steal his password. Hee...just kidding.

Seriously though...what does everyone think? I'm not saying it HAS to be done, just wanna get ppls opinions.

And I was NOT put up to this anyone who might think so. and I'm not aussie biased either, just cos im one.

I vote "YES". Anyone else?

21. The Obi-Wan and Only

The Obi-Wan and Only Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    Well I doubt he'll become an admin now. tongue.gif

22. Short Round McFly

Short Round McFly Jedi Youngling star 6

Nov 13, 1999
  23. oxygen

oxygen Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Obi-Wan and Only:
    Well I doubt he'll become an admin now. tongue.gif

awwww no...im sorry if this thread is a bad thing. i figured i would be allowed to make it, seeing it says "suggestions" and stuff.

24. Amazing Admiral Ackbar

Amazing Admiral Ackbar Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 1999
    I think our friend epic would be a great admin, but...
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>This is not a democracy!
    and its not our desicion to make.

25. ATATzsinj

Mar 11, 2000
    Here are some tips for FoCom levels.

YAVIN:

Whenever you need c points, send a couple TIE fighters along the bottom of the map. There are loads of little groups of troopers there who will just run around while you blast them and get lots of points.

ABRIDON 2:

Clear out most resistance, capture the command centre in the top right, then send a ferry shuttle around to look for the first four dignitaries. It can land on top of them and capture them without them ever having a chance to escape.

Skywalker is more difficult. I used the ferry shuttle to drive him towards the captured Rebel command centre, where I had a full load of AT-STs waiting.

ABRIDON 3: Capture the first Rebel base and use it to destroy the second.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.