main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Force Commander Hints & Tips Thread..

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by BobaNet, Mar 22, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hathor

Hathor Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 28, 1998
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>This thread is perfectly fine, it's just that usually it's best not to nominate someone for adminship. It sort of ruins their chances sometimes.

not really, I had a huge thread nominating me months before I was promoted. As long as he doesn't campaign he's fine...

epic would be a good choice, but I don't think we need any more admins at this point.

2. Short Round McFly

Short Round McFly Jedi Youngling star 6

Nov 13, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Emuboy:
    I think it's a terrible idea. But hear me out first.

Yeah, epic is around all of the time. He knows the forums well and he is very inteligent. But if he is an admin, it would ruin him. He would no longer be able to post as much and he would have to take on new responsibilities. I like epic the way he is. Anyone ever listen to Preacherboy talk about how he used to be a member and how things are different now?

I dunno. I just think admins shouldn't be regular members.

"I been thinking about it ever since I got here: Why didn't I ever take the blue pill." -Cypher/Epic if he would have been an Admin, Matrix/JC.

[This message has been edited by Short Round McFly (edited 05-16-2000).]

3. Roy_Starkiller

Roy_Starkiller Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2000
    Stormtripper2000
    You can find the 2 codes for Force Commander at http://www.gamesages.comwww.gamesages.com

Though I still can't run the game, I do keep up on things in Force Commander.

4. stormtripper2000

stormtripper2000 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 1999
    Thanks Roy_Starkiller!

5. Insane Anakin

Insane Anakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 1999
    You don't get to post in Communications ever again, boy. Anyway, wouldn't it sorta strech you thin to be an admin at jedi.net and the JC?

6. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    I'd vote for him to be Admin. He'd probably make a pretty good one, too. Ofcourse, it's not my choice.

7. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 1999
    The moment epic becomes an admin is the moment pigs will fly. A dictatorship of the proletariat can never work. We all know what happened to Trotsky, don't we?

The only way we can institute the Jedi Commune is through a violent IP ban of capitalism.

8. Lord Chewy

Lord Chewy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 1999
    I still don't understand how admins are chosen. It seems to be a random sortition of all the members minus all the grade schoolers and putting in a double ballot for friends and people who have a lot of community support.

9. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Insane Anakin:
    You don't get to post in Communications ever again, boy.

Damn!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Anyway, wouldn't it sorta strech you thin to be an admin at jedi.net and the JC?

Nah, like I said, Jedi.net is really quiet. It doesn't take up much of my time at all. I spend more than double of my time here. But, even if it is small, it's good experience.

LC, I'm really not sure either. Currently all the Admins have been registered prior to '99, so I think length of stay is an important factor.

10. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    And epic has never been banned, I believe. And it doesn't look as if he ever will...

11. howlrunner22

howlrunner22 Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 24, 1998
    Wait wait wait.....

Do we need another admin? I think not.

12. Lord Chewy

Lord Chewy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 1999
    Hey! I've been here longer than you. I thought that when I first heard of you that it was just that you took a break like some of the older members... See. I date back to the year 99 while you're merely from 1999. tongue.gif

13. opium

opium Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 1999
    epic's a good guy but i don't think so. i like him as he is. just a cool dude who posts a lot, and i can't see him going around banning people. besides, you don't want to become an admin. everywhere do you ep?

*heh, heh, one step further in the aussies plan to take over the forum...and then...the world...muahahahaha!*

14. I Will Make It Legal

I Will Make It Legal Jedi Youngling star 4

May 16, 2000
    Well hasn't been here nearly long enough.

And besides that, he'd be an idiot to accept it if he was offered. Who wants to be an admin in this craphole?? Once you become an admin JC becomes more of a job than it does a way to kill time and have fun. I'm assuming that's why Freebeer hasn't accepted yet

[This message has been edited by I Will Make It Legal (edited 05-17-2000).]

15. Darth Zach

Darth Zach Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2000
    Darth Zach for Admin!

16. ATATzsinj

ATATzsinj Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2000
    Phew! I've made it all the way to Return to Ruul - without using cheats.

I wouldn't get into them. They really ruin the game.

17. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
  18. Grand Moff Jerjerrod

Grand Moff Jerjerrod Jedi Master star 3

Jul 14, 1999
    LOL PB.

I didn't realize how much epic had actually posted here until last night. Wow. I still remember the days prior to his SITH-dom. Ahhh, memories.

GMJ

19. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    I was actually responding to the question posed in this thread, but it also applies to Darth Zach.

20. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    Well DarthZach ain't never gonna be admin here

21. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    Oh brother.... &lt;goes back to Community&gt;

22. The Lone Ewok

The Lone Ewok Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 27, 1999
    What about SOTS as an admin since we're nominating.

Ewoks: The other white meat.

23. ATATzsinj

ATATzsinj Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2000
    Aaargh! How do you do Return to Ruul? This is the twelfth time I've tried and the Imps just blast me

24. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
  25. Roy_Starkiller

Roy_Starkiller Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2000
    "That's two you owe me, junior." --Han Solo--

Your Welcome.
    I've followed Force Commander long enough, I can't stop now. Even though I can't play it, that doesn't mean I can't help people that are having trouble with it. What I say, is either based on what I have read, or what I have experienced with other RTS games, like Warcraft 2 and Command and Conquer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.