main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official "Force Heretic: Remnant" Discussion thread. (Spoilers within)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Kadue, Jan 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    This is the official thread for discussion of Force Heretic: Remnant here in Lit. Go wild.

2. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Off topic, but will you be doing something like this for all upcoming books Kadue, or just let someone else start it?

3. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Good idea Kadue.

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'd like to say (off-topic for FH discussion) that it's great to see some things from the Lit Forum Discussion forum being used! :)

5. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Nice. But why do we have it this early when no one has read the book yet? :confused:

6. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    chiss-man - Any manager or above can do it, and we might rotate through so each person does a different one.

Gath, dp4m - Thanks. :)

Darth_Hydra - Well, to be honest, I don't mind if there are no replies at all to this thread until the release. It was just as you can read in the Welcome thread, we're now doing this so that all discussion is easily seen and concentrated. Usually by this point in time we've gotten a decent summary (odd that we haven't yet), and that spoilers have already started to slowly leak onto the boards. For some reason we haven't been given a full summary yet, and there are a few reasons that spoilers have leaked to the boards yet for this release, but we're still following through. In the future we might just leave this for another week or so if the situation warrants.

7. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    This is kinda off-topic, but aren't Willians and Dix the first non-Americans to write EU? ?[face_plain]

8. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    It can't be off topic, as they made the trilogy and all discussion pertaining to FH is in accordance to the thread title.

But yes, it's very rare for non-Americans to contribute SW books. I've wonderd that myself. It can't be a peference for Americans being closer to Skywalker Ranch, where all the intros and talks are done, as the authors come from all over America. See Roger Allen's Corellian Trilogy as to where and how it was penned.

9. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Im really looking forward to this one. Ive read all of Williams and Dix' other books (except Orphans of Earth, which I bought but havent read yet) and have enjoyed them all. Im confident that their first foray into the EU will be a good one.

BTW, does anyone have an exact release date for Remnant ?

10. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    The following is apparently quoted from Insider;

Remnant begins with the newly minted Galactic Alliance pressing its advantage against the Yuuzhan Vong, and it ends with a quest by Luke Skywalker into the Unknown Regions in search of a legendary planet that could hold the key to the war. Along the way, Jacen Solo tries his had at diplomacy in the Imperial Remnat, Han Solo returns to the Koornacht Cluster, and the Yuuzhan Vong renegade Nom Anor fights for his life beneath a transformed Coruscant.

Williams is particulary proud of their work developing the characters of Tahiri Veila, the Tusken Raider-raised Jedi still reeling from her captivity by the Yuuzhan Vong, and the Barabel Jedi Saba Sebatyne, one of Remnant's most compelling figures. The same goes for Nom Anor, whose double-dealings in the underworld of Yuuzhan Vong apostates are a subplot of the Force Heretic trilogy.

"All three are going through intense personal journeys, and it was a delight---grim, sometimes--to prod them along their way," Williams say.

11. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Very cool stuff there. I was hoping to see Tahiri used well and continue to evolve and it seems like Ill get my wish. Saba's role being expanded is definitely an added bonus.

12. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    Sean WIlliams + Walter Jon Williams = confusion :p

13. Jedi_Horn_888

Jedi_Horn_888 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2002
    Please excuse me if I'm wrong, but hasn't lighsaber_wielder already started this thread here?

Or does a speculation thread differ from a discussion thread?

Horn out

14. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    this is the official stickified thread for this book, whereas the other thread contained merely speculation (and some teasers from the audio book thingy), this is purely for discussion about what happens in the book, not what might happen

15. Jedi_Horn_888

Jedi_Horn_888 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2002
    Ok then

Horn out

16. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    doesnt somebody on the boards usually get the book sometime around now?

also what i have noticed is that not as much info was release before the book(spoiler wise) as compared to any previous NJO book.

17. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Same thing happened when DW came out. Not many people got it early, we weren't sure about the release date until days before it was confirmed, and there were very few spoilers going around, at least as far as major spoilers go.

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Same thing happened when DW came out. Not many people got it early, we weren't sure about the release date until days before it was confirmed, and there were very few spoilers going around, at least as far as major spoilers go.

That's because I was embargoed! :D

19. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    what is the release date again?

20. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    From what I read in Insider and various other place the release date as of now is February 4th.

21. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    And another month, maybe, for Australia, and it's a done deal.

22. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    It's 423 pages or so.

23. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    It has my approval just for that.

24. LifeFORCE

LifeFORCE Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
    I'm glad to see it's a 400 plus page book. Should be plenty of protein w/i that tome to keep me occupied for a few days.

LifeFORCE

25. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Ill believe the page length when Im actually holding the book in my hands. We've been told numerous times that certain books would be x amount of pages long, only to be greatly dissapointed when we find that most were the standard 292 - 303 pages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.