main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official "Force Heretic: Remnant" Discussion thread. (Spoilers within)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Kadue, Jan 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I'm perhaps fifty pages from the end, and will discuss in more detail later, but for now I'll say that IMO this is one of the top three books of the NJO along with Traitor and Edge of Victory: Conguest.

-Paul

2. Noghri_ViR

Noghri_ViR Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2002
    The metal is still there. They didn't take it off planet. All you have to do is to resmelt it

3. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    ...I thought they ate the metal. ?[face_plain]

4. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Ate the metal or hate the metal, it's all the same for them. :D

5. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    I thought the little microbes ingested the metal though, not disassembled it. They'd have to come up with all new metal.

6. Piett_clone

Piett_clone Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2000
    They do ingest it. It's just that there's a WHOLE lot of metal.

7. Noghri_ViR

Noghri_ViR Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2002
    They do ingest it. It's just that there's a WHOLE lot of metal.

Even if they do ingest it, you can still resmelt it.

8. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002

?[face_plain] ?[face_plain] ?[face_plain]

Doesn't ingest mean eat? I wouldn't want to be that smelter. [face_plain]

9. Lord_of_the_Siths

Lord_of_the_Siths Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003

Righ.....t.

That doesnt make sense. Its INGESTED.

10. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Exact-a-mundo. ;)

11. JacenHornSolo

JacenHornSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 29, 2002
    well, I'm confused... (about the previous topic..)

I might as well ask this now...

when are we going to see an "Official" Refugee thread?

12. jonng

jonng Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2003
    I enjoyed Remnant even though I found it a little slow and had some errors.
    It is a good build up to the next two books.

Where is the 'A New Hope' line found?

13. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    There's an official Refugee speculation thread here. I'm not sure when we'll get an official Refugee thread like this.

Probably when the book has been read by some people.

14. CeeWulf

CeeWulf Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    At this point, I'm sure this book has been discussed to death, but I thought I'd drop my two cents on the subject:

I enjoyed it at the beginning, but felt the book sort of lost my interest about half way through it. Took a little too long to get to the point.

I was disappointed that Luke took a backseat, even though the blurb seemed to indicate that he would play a large role. The Tahiri storyline seems interesting, and I liked Grand Admiral Paelleon's maneauver at the end to have the Empire join in the GFFA.

The Jag and Jaina relationship is advancing well. I like Jag, and think he was well portrayed in this story. I may have finally found a new character to like in this series.

15. Tydirium Multimedia

Tydirium Multimedia Jedi Master

Nov 23, 1998
    "I, for one, have never really been into the space battle scenes. I also tend to skim through other combat scenes. What I really like is character development and getting into what the characters are thinking. "

Me too. Good to know I am not the only one.
    I really find the starship battles to be dull.
    I read these books becasue of the characters, and the space battles rarely do much to develop them.

Now the movies on the other hand...

16. shoujo_senshi

shoujo_senshi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2002
    LeeKenobi, who's this Miza? Is he a Chiss?

I really have to get my hands on Remnant soon...

17. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    Miza is a Chiss pilot in Remnant. If I tell you much more, you'll be spoiled, so PM me if you want the full details.

18. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    After reading Remnant, I think I finally know who the Force Heretic is. Tahiri. I'm not joking either, I think Tahiri is the Force Heretic. Also, it's finally happening. As I predicted Anakin's force ghost will soon talk to Tahiri through her mind( like Obi-Wan did with Luke at the Death Star battle in Episode IV). Yay! It's been too long in Star Wars since we've heard from a force ghost. And now I think it's finally going to happen very soon. Just watch. Before this series is over, Anakin's force ghost will speak to Tahiri through mind or talk to her in person. But I know for sure that Tahiri is the Force Heretic.

19. evanchester

evanchester Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2002
    I doubt they would use a force ghost. I say this because we don't really know why the Jedi can maintain their idenities after death until Episode 3. So any usage of a force ghost would risk contradiction and might be considered off-limits.

20. Master_DuSai

Master_DuSai Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    but we have heard from force ghosts in past EU....Ben talked to Luke(i believe it was in the first Zhan book) Exar Kun talked to Ganatos and Kyp during the Jedi Academy trilogy. Luke even hinted that Chewie could be seen by Han if he let go of his hatred earlier in the NJO. I don't see any reason Anakin couldn't come back as a ghost and talk to tahiri. The author just could not explain the process to the audience. That might cause a contridiction. I think it would actually be a welcome supprise. a last one off for those Anakin fans who have been grieving since SBS and care about Tahiri's plight. It might be the only thing that saves Tahiri from her experience with the Vong. BTW, I don't think she is the Force Heritic. Personally, I think either Nom Anor, Shoon-mi, Kurna, or the three of them as a group are the force heretics. I think this will be the name given to the Vong that take out Shimrra and bring resolution to the NJO. Jedi, and the audience for that matter, rarely call someone who betrays the Jedi order a heretic. They get called Sith or dark Jedi, but never heritic. That is more of a Vong term, as only fanatics can have heretics. But that is only my opinion.

21. evanchester

evanchester Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, but those force ghosts you mention were wriiten before it was revealed the Lucas would explain how force ghosts happen. And if Lucas explains it in a way that makes it so Anakin cannot be a force ghost (i.e. something to do with the prophecy, having to be a jedi master) then there would be a contradiction.

22. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    So I just read Remnant and was moderately impressed. I think that the way the Remnant was brought into the war was classic. I also think that Tahiri's "illness" is interesting. I will have to read through some of the posts here to get some of your impressions.

One thing that I am curious about is the Ryn. Can anyone give me a basic description of who they are and why they are significant?

I also want to point out that Kyle Katarn was mentioned to be missing from the Jedi Meeting at the beginning of the book. Has he been mentioned in previous books (other than the Dark Forces ones)? Why was he missing from the meeting? Is he dead? I would love to see him take a more active roll in the books. I think Kyle rocks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.