main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official **GenerationKaX** Thread - for all devoted fans of Ish! SHE IS GONE! SHE IS *GONE*!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Mar17swgirl, Nov 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    But I liked it. This is kind of an expansionist version of that principle.

2. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
  3. PeterTutham27

PeterTutham27 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2001
    Well... A day in the Life of Lando is the only one I've POSTED... The others kind of suck... But I'm fixing them up...

Would you like me to journal the last book as a humorous, or AU, or just a straight journal with insight?

I am at your command! :p

*and I'm flattered that so many people know ADITLOLC.... [face_blush] *

4. Awel

Awel Jedi Master star 1

Apr 27, 2001
    Kaki, just dropping by--soooo sorry I missed the party tonight! Anyway, che(c)k your email for a goodbye message from me, k? *hugs*

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I wish you had come to the party. All my crazy friends were there, except you. The normal ones weren't invited. ;) And I rocked on Ashokan Farewell. But I understand.

Peter, straight journal. I think you could do it well, given your temperament.

6. PeterTutham27

Aug 23, 2001
    Hmm.. I always love a challenge and this definitely is one... Thanks!
    Hm... Can I have sub-plots?

7. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Oh my! :eek: Ish is leaving in two days!!! :_| Time for my goodbye speech...

Dear Ish,

I don't know how to put this, but I'll do my best. I never thought that one day I'll make such a good friend through Internet, but it happened. When I came to the JC Forums, I was just a newbie, and no writer at all. A total newbie, I tried here and there, joining round robins and at the end writing my first fanfic; all alone, without a beta. It was OK, but not good enough for me.

And then I started reading the SOTTOT and I met you, along with the other writers. When you agreed to do a fanfic for me, I was "in seventh heaven", as we say it. It was an honor for me that such awesome writer decided to join me, a mere beginner, to write a story.

Shortly after that, I felt a desire to be part of SOTTOT authors. It was you who stood behind me and encouraged the others to let me join them. They agreed and now look: I'm part of the best fanfic author group.

The partnership with you has helped me a lot, more than you can realize. You helped me develop my writing skills, my grammar, my English; and I'm very thankful for that.

But that's not all. What I enjoyed the most, was the special friendship that formed between us. We have so much in common, and through our conversations I realized that you're one of the best friends I've ever made this way.

Ish, you will be terribly missed here. I want to let you know, that there is one person, in a city in a small country in the middle of Europe, who will consider you as one of the best friends in her life.

Thank you, Ish. May the blessing of God and the Force be with you always, wherever you might be. I'll think of you always, and hopefully stay in touch with you. Take care of yourself, and don't forget us.

Wherever you are, you're always in my heart.

My friend.

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    ::Big hug to Mar.:: THANK YOU!!!!

9. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    ::a huge hug to Ish:: No, thank YOU! :) I'm going to miss you SO MUCH!!!!

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Oh, man, this is going to turn into last night. I had my two bestestest friends at my going-away party and every time we'd try to hug goodbye, we'd start crying and have to hug again. Jess and Steve were 30 minutes late getting out of the door because it kept happening.

11. PeterTutham27

Aug 23, 2001
    Oh, ISH! You're the best person I know that takes newbies and churns them into writing fanatics...! We're gonna miss you!

12. Jedi-Jae

Jedi-Jae Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2001
    I was Ish's first Padawan - a complete and utter failure on her part. :D I did not come willingly and think the only reason she promoted me was to get rid of me. ;)

Ish, rest assured that the NSSO will be in good hands while you're gone. By the time I get through with it, it will make "Animal House" look like a monastery. You'll return to find all your followers converted to mushbrains who can't take anything seriously. :D

I wish you the best of luck on your mission. I'll miss you and anxiously await your return. Keep in touch!

13. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Ish's followers turned into mushbrains? :eek: NOOOOOOOOO!!! :_|

14. PeterTutham27

Aug 23, 2001
    What is the NSSO anyways?

While I'm at it, I'll tell you guys first, (who I trust the most... hmm..)...

I'm looking around for a good master to be padawan to... Hm.. Maybe Qwi's up to it... Or Am... Any guys out here, anywhere?

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    No, no, as soon as Am gets Sithed, Mar needs a Master and I think Am would be a really good choice. ::glowers at wayward apprentice.::

16. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    ONE MORE DAY! TOMORROW! OH, THE INHUMANITY! :_|

Okay, this little "goodbye speech" may not be the best, but it comes from the heart:

I first saw you when I was writing A Week With the Skywalker/Solos. Your reply was, "Chewie.... underpants.... headache.... more?" So I gave you more, as I did everyone else. About a month later, I had the privelege of you actually posting on the round robin, with a funny twist on Moulin Rouge that touched my heart. Ever since then, you've helped me with my writing, provided company on AIM when I was bored, and tolerated my often insane topics of conversation. Although you are not my beta reader, Sith Master, or related to me in any way, I've had the honor and privelege of calling you a friend. Remember, don't mess with Vader's roses, and always steer clear of The Rejects (TM) concerts ;)

Much love,

Darth_Fruitcake, aka Fruity, Her Fruitcakeness, Darthie, Oh-thou-insane-one, and whatever else you psycho people come up with :D

17. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Am!!! :mad: Get in here, do those two things you are required to, so you can be Sithed and I can get a Master!!! :cool: :D [face_devil]

And Ish, thank you for choosing a Sith Master for me... :D

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Where is my apprentice?!?!?!?!??!

19. PeterTutham27

Aug 23, 2001
    Ok- the latest!

*regal fanfare*

Henceforth let it be known in the land of Fandom,

The 6th and 20th (26th... :p ) Of every month shall be known as 'Ish' day in honor of her royal Ishiness! Let there be poems, stories, and much rejoicing. And let a royal copy of this monthly thread be sent to her Highness by the way of the mail of the snail.

It has been approved, and let there be much rejoicing.

*trumpet-"do do do!"*

ISH! I MISS YOU ALREADY! But there's so much work to do in the time that you'll be gone, in which we don't have to worry about your iron fist of betaing... ;)

20. TwilightKat

TwilightKat Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    [creeps in] Um [blushes] hi. [blushes again] My lack of observational skills somehow led me to not notice...that um [trails off into muttering]

I don't know you very well personally - but if *half* the stuff I've heard is true; you're either some otherworldly being... or someone I'd like as a friend.

Then there are your fics - they speak for themselves in terms of quality.
    I haven't read them all *yet* - they seem to be scattered around - but I'm determined to read them all.

I second Peter's brilliant suggestion of an Ish-day :D or two.

[looks under various objects including anything HC-related for the Absent Apprentice] maybe she's working on a looooong heartfelt speech; or a little ditty...

All happiness - and dreams of Ewan [which I don't hand out to just anyone. I'm a very possessive kitty] - to you Ish. I've been priviliged to know you for the time I have...

and *when* you get back [impish grin] we'll greet you with a party that - if I have anything to do with! - will crash JC temporarily with the overload ;)

much [face_love] from Kat

21. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Oh, I almost forgot my gifts...

::runs away and returns with a full-sized poster of Aragorn, a full-seized poster of Legolas, a full-seized poster of Obi-Wan, and a full-seized poster of Christian, a "Super Sith Lanvarok Sharpener and Polisher Kit", a Palpy voodoo doll, a small box (inside is whatever Ish wants and I don't know about), and an album titled "Me and my Sithling devotees"::

Enjoy! :D

22. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Awwwww...::hugs mar, then faints after seeing legolas.:: Oh, he's so cute! Oh, you're the bestest!

23. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Dear Ishie,

I don?t know how I?m supposed to express our friendship and your Sithlyness in a few paragraphs. I shall try my best, but afterwards I think we?ll both need tissues. I cannot remember exactly when I met you, but even then your fanfiction was renowned as painful and pleasurable all at once. I remember your encouraging comments on my early posts of ?Special Place In My Heart?, even now I look back at the story and think complete rubbish. However, you didn?t think so. The earliest time I can remember talking to you was on MSN and your kindness, willingness to help, always shined through.

You have the ability to combine all the nature elements you would find in a story together, to create something which is out of this world, or equally amazing. I don?t know how you do it and several times you have tried to teach me the same thing. I was touched by that night we spent looking over SYS. You have broken-through into a world where there are no boundaries and you shall always have your loyal fans and apprentices to follow you.

?All the Wrong Places? was a masterpiece, exactly what I love finding in any A/A fic. I recall when you were writing it and the spoilers you used to grace me with. In those few seconds it took to read them, my eyes were out of their sockets and I was hanging on the edge of the chair.

I don?t know how to describe our friendship; it?s one of a Master/Apprentice and of best friends. This special magic that you have with your writing carries through to our deep friendship. I never believed that I would find such a close friend on the net and that would be welcomed in this community so readily. You?ve been there from the beginning, whether or not you realise that you have pushed me to be one step ahead of everybody.

As Mar said, you will be terribly missed. I cannot even imagine my Sith Master and best friend, going away for 18 months without JC or the internet. I think it takes a unique kind of courage to even accomplish that. I truly don?t think the realisation that I?m going to wake up one day and not you find you online, has really hit.

Force, Ish you shall be missed. If I could, I would dedicate one hundred posts to you and I would exclaim you name from the rooftops, if that would prevent you from going. However you and God have chosen this path and I respect it. But let it be known that you?re not going to be going without some tears and sobs.

You have found your little place in my heart and I hope I have found mine in yours. May the Force be with you and God Bless. Take care Ish, I await your return.

Love Always? [face_love]

24. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    Ish, don't forget about my little "speech" on page 7. It's not much, but I never was good with goodbyes. Anyway, we'll miss your great personality and writing skills around here. Don't forget us, because we won't forget about you.

P.S. Don't forget to make a final post in our story!

25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Am, do you know how close you are to making a Sith master bawl in public? I can't quite tell you how much that meant to me because I suck with words occasionally and they just aren't sufficient anyway. ::Big hug.:: Now where's the purposes of pain?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.