main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The official Geriatric ward of the JC

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by darthmomm, Dec 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uruk-hai

Uruk-hai Jedi Youngling star 5

Oct 26, 2000
    An old f@rt thread hey? Good idea. I'm 32, saw Star Wars in the cinema as a kid, now I have two kids of my own who are both into Star Wars. (With some encouragement from me)

I thought 3PO was a real robot when I first saw the film. I even tried convincing my dad that they wouldn't get a one arm actor to play 3PO after the Tusken raider scene, but he was a real robot. LOL. Stupid kid.

2. darthmomm

darthmomm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Ok, Us old folk here need proper representation here.......the average age of the Admins and the Mods is 22. Yup...only 22. Now, I am not saying they are doing a bad job...what I am saying is that we need more representation.

I have only counted 3 mods that are in their 30's. Now, I know that Jasman is 50, but we are TRULY unrepresented here....

[face_plain]

What should we do about this??

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    wait around for 8 years?

4. B.J. Zanzibar

B.J. Zanzibar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 7, 1999
    The age of the admins doesn't surprise me too much. Think about the job description. Manage an entire board chock full of spammers, trolls, and lunatics. And the compensation? Purty colors. Who else but a dumb kid would think that's cool?

Er. Okay. Dumb kids and the irretrievably insane, then.

5. R2RNOT

R2RNOT Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2000
  6. jangosdna

jangosdna Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2001
    Start what is truely needed in a situation such as this...begin an old fart union to represent the wheelchair bound subgroup such as our own

7. darthmomm

darthmomm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    ok...here it is...it seems I have ruffled a feather or two....

press me

8. darthmorgan

darthmorgan Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 1999
    I, too, will be celebrating my second 29th birthday next month. No interest in kids though.

I, too, saw SW at the cinema in 1977, and watched the Holiday Special in all its horrific glory when it aired. I used to tell some of the young punks I hang out with about it, and they thought I was making it up. Only when I finally got a copy in 1998 did they see the true power of the dark side....

9. heavygear6

heavygear6 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2001
    25, and gettin grey....

10. BOBAFETISH

BOBAFETISH Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    31, and still acting like a jackass. My wife's getting tired of it, though. I just don't see much point in acting older when I don't feel older. Maybe if I had a kid, it would tire me out, and then I'd grow up.

I saw SW in the theatre a bunch of times, because my Dad was a sci-fi nut.

11. shine

shine Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 5, 1999
    I'll be 26 in 4 days. :(

12. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    Haha, you all probably have to gum your food for hours.

Though I'm 20, some people think I have the movie taste of a 65 yr old grandpa ("Let's watch THe Longest Day and eat beeeaans!!").

[face_plain] Pardon. I'll leave you to your forgetful remebrances. :D

13. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    jp-30 pointed me in this direction some time ago and I thought I'd drop in and introduce myself.

I'm 31, at home with my 14 month old son while my wife earns the ca$h.
    While I'm not lurking the boards I do 'serious' things like home renovation, gardening, and study (I'm doing an IT degree).

My Dad took me to see ANH (before it got re-labelled ANH) 77/78, and I've been a fan ever since. I returned the favour in 99 and took my Dad to see TPM.

14. GreedoCMZ

GreedoCMZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 13, 1999
    Yeah, I need to get a wife who can support me but they all size me up for my money-earning potential.

15. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    Well my children, you have a home, treat it well, and daddy may be able to wrangle you a more fitting abode

me, the first SW movie i saw was ESB at the movies, now the first one i remember was ROTJ.......

16. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    Well, since jasman spilled the beans, do you think he'll show any of us his speedo pic?? :D

Maybe we should set some wheelchairs next to the elevator door as we all hobble in with our canes. and that's just for us'uns with broken legs. What do we leave the geriatrics? ?[face_plain]

17. darthlebowski72

darthlebowski72 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 5, 2001
    just turned 29 on Sept. 7. Been here on the boards for exactly two months now. Can't post anything serious to save my life :p Just read my past posts :D

Dont feel bad guys I think there are a lot of older JCers out there. They just don't see this thread. Maybe because they are losing their eyesight like me :_|

18. BOBAFETISH

BOBAFETISH Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    "Get off my lawn!"

19. Jedi-Jae

Jedi-Jae Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2001
    How old? I was in high school when ROTJ came out. But I've been accused of going on 13 for a while now.

Especially by my hubby when he catches me posting to threads like this... :p

My kids: GB DD

20. PrincessAmidala

PrincessAmidala Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2000
    Maybe you guys should consider applying for Medicare. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

21. Maveric

Maveric Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 1999
    Darthmomm,
    In addition to having three kids, I am also working on my Ph.D. in Political Science, I am a full time professor at a junior college and I sponsor the Student Government Association. Don't ask me how many balls I have in the air... They are moving too fast for me to count!

22. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Darthmomm, I read your thread in Comms. I have to admit that as the majority of users of this board (I assume) are in the 15-25 age bracket, it's no surprise most of the mods fall in this range too.

Also you'll find a lot of the current mods are students or are on-line most of the day due to their jobs (or indeed their lack of jobs).

Most, err, "mature" members of this community probably have a lot less free time (due to kids etc) to devote to being a volunteer message board mod... and this is why they don't rise up the ranks to modship.

23. Maveric

Maveric Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 1999
    Yeah, like being a Mod is real high on my wish list anyway!

24. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I am 28, but it's strange, I sometimes act more like a kid now than I did when I was 19. By that I mean I laugh at sillier things and don't take everything so seriously. I also remember seeing ANH in the theater when I was 4, and being SO pi$$ed off that Vader got away ;) But Star Wars will always keep the kid inside of me alive and well, and that's the main, simple reason why I love it so much. My younger cousins want to see Episode 2 with me not for the movie, but to see my reactions!!! Oh and I don't have any kids, which is good since I don't have a wife either! Gotta be a husband before I become a dad.

25. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    BOBAFETISH: I saw SW in the theatre a bunch of times, because my Dad was a sci-fi nut.

well i cant wait to see Leila grow up! (jp-30's daughter) BTW - im jp-30's younger brother! im not old (18) but i support this thread - and i did support jp-30's entire old folks forum - gets you oldies out of our way! :D hehe

jp-30 has been and continues to be a HUGE SW fan - he has toys galore! not to mention the multiple SW games and posters etc. jp-30 got me into SW in the first place, and its hard to think of him as an old person with a kid!

but seeing as jp-30 loves SW then i guess Leila will take that on too! hopefully without jp-30's miss's stepping in! ;) (dont tell her i said that jp)

:D

nice to meet you all - dont break a hip or anything!
    SFL

EDIT = oh, and jp - that pic of bubs is awesome! - good mood that day huh? :) hehe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.