main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The official Geriatric ward of the JC

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by darthmomm, Dec 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmesHairstylist

PadmesHairstylist Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    I turn 29 in March. I saw this thread and it reminded me just how old I was. Thanks a lot :D

2. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    PH, you're very welcome. :D :D :D and welcome to our corner of the great out there.

*sets out cold blue milk smoothies, and high fibre crackers for our body's constitution* [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

3. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    PH is that early or late March? Pisces?

4. PadmesHairstylist

PadmesHairstylist Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    LOL! [face_laugh]

Thanks keokiswahine......

Kessel Runner, early enough in March to be Pisces :)

5. RB-wan

RB-wan Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2000
    March 19...another Pisces here....which can be a blessing or a curse ( why is Pisces always the LAST entry in the horoscopes? ).

Bri

6. darthmomm

darthmomm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Cancer here...yep, moody, insecure, strong mothering instinct. That's what they say anyway...

7. Maveric

Maveric Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 1999
    I almost went to the Dark Side today. I just finished giving finals and am home with all three kids until January 7. Today, being the first day home by myself, I found myself embattled between the twins desire to have daddy all to themselves as well as 3 month old Jake needing me. Needless to say, the twins lost and decided to throw tantrums in unison. I also did not improve matters when I decided today was the day to end the twins reliance on pacifiers. By the time nap time came they were fairly cranky and prior to falling asleep they trashed their bedroom.

But then they slept for four hours so I can't complain. I once again walk on the light side.

8. darthmomm

Jul 16, 2001
    Oh man, I feel for you.....

**here's a glass of wine, and your slippers** sit down...enjoy it...then go fold some endless laundry :D

A parents work is never done.

**disclaimer, I am in no way promoting alcohol abuse...we are all of legal age here, and we can enjoy a fine glass of wine prior to folding the never ending pile of laundry** :D

9. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Me and my gal are both Pisces as well. Feb 24 and Feb 25 :D

10. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Hey Maveric, identical or faternal twins?

I figure I will have twins when I have kids. There haven't been any in either side of my family for a few generations and we are due :)

11. darthmomm

Jul 16, 2001
    Hmm, the thought of having twins is a really good form of birth control..........

My mother is an identical twin....there are two of her on this earth. [face_plain] AND I have twin sisters, they are fraternal twins. (Father got remarried..had a midlife crisis...instead of bying the convertable car...he decided to have more children}

I am never having sex again..... [face_plain]

:_| :_| :_|

12. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    momm, let's not get that drastic. :D :D :D

13. Maveric

Oct 17, 1999
    Flarestorm,
    They are fraternal twins. One girl and one boy. The three month old is a boy as well.

You would not believe the amount of people who ask me when they see the kids if they are identical. I want to grab them by the head and shake them awhile and say "One girl, one boy. HOW CAN THEY BE IDENTICAL?"

14. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    So are they identical?

:D

15. Maveric

Oct 17, 1999
    Let me check...

No, Dylan's got a rounder head than Hannah. Of course she has long hair too, but other than that they MUST be exactly the same.

:)

16. darthmomm

Jul 16, 2001
    IT is astonishing how stupid people can be...

I always loved this; "oh, what a cute little boy"... the "boy" is dressed in a PINK DRESS

[face_plain]

17. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    by defintion, fraternal are not identical... Jeesh. :p

18. anakindbud

anakindbud Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2001
    Yep I get that one all the time too. "What a cute little boy or Hey there fella!" I want to say why would a baby boy wear pink and pearl earrings! People have a lack of attention to detail in a massive way in our society.

19. darthmomm

Jul 16, 2001
    Hye Kessel, how are the marriage plans going?

20. Maveric

Oct 17, 1999
    Before Hannah had long hair we dressed her in a powder blue jumpsuit and took the twins to the mall. Everyone who stopped to say hi to them (Everyone does, and they ask "Are they twins?) thought she was a boy and Dylan was a girl. I burned her outfit when we got home.

21. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I guess I'm one of the elder geriatrics out here. I'm 32, and will be 33 at the end of January (Aquarius).

When I was 7 years old, I swore that while my body might age, I would nevereverever get old. :D

I too yearn to hear the sound of little feet around the house. So far, the closest I've gotten is my last girlfriend has a two-year old. Actually, most of the women I've been involved with have had young children at the time... :confused:

I also volunteer at the children's ward of a domestic violence shelter.

I like to joke that I'm not a grown-up, I'm just tall. :p It's how my mother raised my brother & I.

I'm such a Star Wars geek that I have what I call the "Star Wars Rule" of dating: they have to have been born on or before the original theatrical release of Star Wars (May '77) in order to be eligible for me to date them.

22. darthmomm

Jul 16, 2001
    Welcome to the WARD!!!!

The Star Wars rule of dating is a good one.

I just bought my son a 700 peice SW leggo set for Christmas...I can not wait to put it together...oops, I mean, I can not wait for him to put it together.!!!! I dont know why my husband is questioning my motives for getting it for him,,,,he thinks I got it for myself...geez....

I do not know where he got that idea.....

23. Darth Gleng

Darth Gleng Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 1999
    Hi all!

I just qualify, being 26. I'm recently-ish hitched and I've been trying to find a job for the last 6 months so things are a bit tough at the moment.

Saw ANH for the first time on my 2nd birthday and I've been hooked ever since :)

Anyway, that's all about me for now!

Cya!

24. falkcj

falkcj Jedi Master star 4

Aug 24, 2000
    Thats a sweet rule! LOL. My fiance was born in 79 so I guess I fail! But I'm a little younger, I am 26 so I could say before ESB and she passes.

25. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Merkurian I did the same thing. I didn't lose my first tooth til I was abotu 12 and didn't grown in height until I was about the same age. STill short to this day.

Of course I got the payback of starting to go grey at 16 ;)

darthmomm, thanks for the thoughts. Actually everything is semi-permanently on hold. TJD has major health problems from a car accident when she was younger. SHe is covered under her dad's insurance still. But if we married she couldn't use that anymore, so I have to have established insurance first. Currently I have no medical coverage, so we can't even think about planning a wedding yet.

We are, however, thinking rather seriously about moving to the DC area. I'm getting into teaching now and there are some great opportunities for me back there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.