main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The official Geriatric ward of the JC

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by darthmomm, Dec 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthmomm

darthmomm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    You know..Connecticut is having a teacher shortage.

2. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Speaking of legos, I was looking at them the other day and all they had were all these wierd sets that built droids and vehicles with MOVING PARTS and it didn't look like you could build anything else with them. What happened to regular blocks, twoers, and sixers?

3. darthmomm

Jul 16, 2001
    Oh they are there, just very hard to find. Now they have out the movie making lego's...$300.00 for the starter set. [face_plain]

The lego set that we bought is the Tie Interceptor.....700 black pieces. Oh this is going to be fun...I can't wait..I can't wait...oh boy, oh boy, oh boy.... :D

4. darthmomm

Jul 16, 2001
    Ok, time for some kid bragging!! :D

My son, (he's 11) woke up this morning...looked outside, and saw our old neighbor raking his incredibly large pile of leaves.......Ty went back into his room, got dressed, grabbed a rake went outside and started helping him. This is after the guy yelled at him for walking in his yard!!! (yep, he is one of those).

I love randon acts of kindness.. :D

5. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    What a good son, you have. You're raising him right. Give him an extra scoop of ice cream tonight. :D

6. Maveric

Maveric Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 1999
    I'm excited about Christmas too. Dylan is getting two Tonka trucks. I had to drive all over town to find the dump truck, apparently they are rather popular this year. My wife wanted me to get the plastic ones but I insisted on the metal ones because they will last forever. My parents dug up one of my smaller Tonka trucks a couple of years ago that I had buried many years ago. It was pretty badly rusted but you could still tell it was a pick up. Not bad for being buried for almost 20 years!

7. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    sounds like your son learned from the "Pay it Forward" school of niceness :D

8. anakindbud

anakindbud Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2001
    o.k. so we have talked in detail about our children. We obviously know that has changed our lives.What are some of the things you do to relieve those stressful days? Hobbies/Pastimes?

I'll start. I am a musician and I enjoy playing my guitars and keyboards.I also write my own compositions.Any takers?

9. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    I would luv to listen to your music, as long as it isn't hard rock (my ears are sensitive). :D :D :D But, listening to music is a great stress relaxer which I enjoy.

10. anakindbud

Jan 2, 2001
    Well, considering I am a geriatric and a dinosaur for that matter, I currently don't have the technology to download my compositions. If you would like I will be glad to snail mail you something.PM mail w/ any questions or info.

11. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Wow, very cool thread! Just got done reading all the posts. It looks like, including Jasmin, I am the next oldest male (36).

And to all those who are older and have children, just remember a quote from a very smart man (Indiana Jones) "It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage"

12. darthmomm

Jul 16, 2001
    Welcome all new older folk!!!

I am soooo excited for Christmas this year......Tonka Toys are the best. I get them for my husband...stop laughing. :D He owns a construction company and had this thing for Tri-axles and back hoes...I think I have the onlky 3 year ld that knows the difference between a rubber tired back hoe and an excavator... [face_plain]

Well, what do I do to releave stress? Well, I too am a musician performer..I sing, play tenor sax, and I love to do musicals. My last two musicals were "Crazy for You", and "Godspell"...they were so much FUN!!!! Hey, it releaves my stress!!!

:D :D :D

13. Maveric

Oct 17, 1999
    Stressful days? Are we supposed to have stressful days?

Seriously, when I do need to get away I either play on the computer, with the kids, reading, or as of recently, play golf. I took two years off from playing golf and I think that made a world of difference. I played on Friday and had the BEST GAME EVER!!!

14. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    toys and elder age go hand in hand, especially since we don't go to wild parties and whoop it up anymore. :D :D :D

15. darthmomm

Jul 16, 2001
    Hey...speak for yourselves!!!!

Once the kids are bigger...get a bsby sitter...go out once everyother month...

then get really sloshed!!!!

Have a two day hangover...

,,,wonder how you survived college making it to an 8:30 AM class with hangovers....

try to remember college.......

16. Katriel

Katriel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2000
    So Jasman are you a card carrying member of AARP? :D

I'm 33 (to be 34 in February). Age doesn't bother me. It's just a number. If you let it bother you then you're wasting your time worrying about nothing. The secret is staying young at heart. Nothing is worse than meeting a person who has gotten old at heart.

17. Maveric

Oct 17, 1999
    I just got my grades today from my first semester as a Ph.D. Student in Political Science at Texas A&M! I figured if I could make it through this semester and everything that happened I can make it through anything. Just a rundown of everything that happened so far:

In September, Jake was born
    In October, Jake was sent to the hospital because he had a virus and he was dehydrated
    In November, every weekend was full with some sort of traveling and the Twins second birthday party. Also, my father discovered that his lymphoma had come back and was recieving treatment again.
    December, my Grandmother who is 96 apparently had a stroke and is currently being moved to a nursing home.

All this in addition to starting a new program, teaching full time and taking care of the three kids so they still know who Daddy is.

Surprisingly I got an A in the class I expected to get a B in and a B in the class that I thought I had a chance in get an A in.

Oh well, I have to keep up a 3.45 or I will be sent into the Masters program (which I don't want as I already have one) and a 3.5 is good enough for that!

Got to go, Jake is crying and Dylan jsut told me that he is "stinky".

Gotta love the kids!

18. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    Hang in there, mav :)

19. Maveric

Oct 17, 1999
    Hey guys, I just saw Lords of the Rings, and all I have to say is...

Attack of the who?

Who else has seen it? I got to go on a guys night out last night. It is in return for the NUMEROUS outings my wife and her friends from church get to take every month. Finally, the husbands decided that enough was enough and that we demanded our male bonding time as well!

20. JediElfie

JediElfie Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2001
    Am I old enough to post in here?

I'm 26, married and a homeowner. (No kids, yet).

But I find now that I'm a homeowner and married, I don't live it up...and I'd rather spend an evening watching B5 on the couch than go out to the bar. ;) Ick.

Saw FOTR last night and all Ihave to say is WOW. It's all us old people that were there and couldn't make it to the 12:01am showing becuase we have to work in the morning.

21. darthmomm

Jul 16, 2001
    Yes..as a married homeowner..you are more than welcome here. It is funny, because the first time that I felt that I was a real life adult, was when I went to the closing of our home. THat was after I was a mother..and married. Boy was I scared.

Maveric WOW you are busy!!!! I thought I had a busy year!!! It is now time to site back..relax, grab some fine wine...put some candles on..put the kids to bed...

and make another baby...[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

22. Maveric

Oct 17, 1999
    Darthmomm!!!

DON'T SAY THINGS LIKE THAT!

That is the last thing we need. We are done with having kids. No more, none, nope, nada, nien!

23. anakindbud

Jan 2, 2001
    Hey there everyone at the Geriatric Council.
    I was hoping this Christmas Santa would bring me that lightsaber that I 've been wanting all year, but to my surprise he wrote me a note that was attached to a small parcel that stated "You are TOO old to begin the training- Merry Christmas, Santa". I was disheartened and decided to open my gift anyway. IT WAS a gift set of Doan's pills, metamucil, and geratol.

Seriously folks tonight I go to work for my last day of work and then my company goes into a shutdown until 2002 and the festive holiday spirit is starting to get into me. So, I want to take the time to say however you spend the holidays "Have a Happy and Safe one". To you and all your families too.Let's try, for once, to keep the spirit of brotherhood going year round too.This past year has turned out to be a very uncertain one. As we are the elders on the council we have a responsibility in our communities to lead with kindness and compassion.Once again Have a GREAT HOLIDAY.

LOVE AND PEACE TO YOU ALL!!!

24. Maveric

Oct 17, 1999
    Anakindbud brings up an interesting topic. We ARE the elders of the board. Therefore, should not this thread be retitled as the Jedi Master Council? I guess that would make everyone under the age of 25 our Padawan learners! :)

25. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Age does not necessarily make one intelligent.

Have a Merry Christmas everybody! This is my first with a kid. I know she'll enjoy eating the wrapping paper more than playing with the presents inside, but that's fine by me.

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.