main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV The Official Good Movie Idea -Dissapointing Result Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Inaen, Jun 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    Ok yall the purpose of this thread is to discuss those movies that were gerat ideas but just werent done up to the potential of the concept.

Two movies come to mind:

Van Helsing

Underworld

2. Inaen

Jun 17, 2002
    Now im not saying those were bad movies, they were ok...but they couldve been so much better.

Unfortunately these both featured the beautiful and talented Kate Beckinsale

3. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Well I haven't seen Van Helsing yet, but it is an incredible concept. I liked Underworld a lot, but the hybrid transformation was really lame. I understand they are making part 2 though.

As for movie concepts I liked, but didn't work out was the Hulk. I liked it, but I thought it should have been a lot better. Maybe with a better actor or something.

4. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Super Mario Bros. - It could have been SO much better!

5. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Actually I was surprised by the Hulk, but I had no expectations.

Underworld and Van Helsing both blew and in a big way. I agree Underworld had potential but I wasnt really keen on Van Helsing, too much genre mixing almost never make for a good film.

This thread is a good idea, Ill have to think about it.

Of course I dont have to mention the 2 Matrix sequels do I? Or is this thread only for originals?

6. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Riddick, in theory a good idea, dissapointing

7. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Terminator 3... and Im not even sure this was good in concept. T2 did not need a sequel.

8. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Signs. Great concept but boy did that movie fall apart.

9. Inaen

Jun 17, 2002
    No need to mention the Matrix sequals...they are automatically suggested in the title of the thread.

About the Hulk, i knew it was gonna suck when i found out who was directing it...Ang Lee.

Yah he is great for emotional movies with intense and mind stimulating imagery. Even a stirring storyline.

Crouching Tiger wasnt half bad. Except for the 30 min flashback .

These elements are complete opposites for a hero built upon anger induced bashing and smashing and i think Ang missed the point.. i didnt want to see a crying Hulk. And by the way, if the hulk comes out of anger...wouldnt he turn back to dr banner when he was sad and crying?

There was bad lighting during the fight with the Uber-Dogs, and no where near enough bahsing and smashing.

My 2 cents.

10. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I think perhaps he was trying to add a little more depth to the character. Some "hero" who gets pissed off and goes around smashing stuff is so beyond boring. Thats why the X-men have always been my favorite. Its about the characters and how they deal with being mutants and by the way, you have to save the universe again.

The Hulk was alot better than I thought it was going to be. This characters typically bore me. Hulk, smash stuff, yawn. Punisher, shoot stuff, yawn. And I still maintain that Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon was brilliant.

Im having difficulty coming up with Good Movie ideas that failed. I can think of alot of bad movie ideas that failed hehe.

11. Inaen

Jun 17, 2002
    How about When Harry met Lloyd?

Good idea and even the guys they got to play the parts were good....just not well made and terrible writing.

12. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I liked it... but what has become increasingly apparent, I like bad movies.

13. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Off topic: I like your new icon, Supreme Chancellor.

14. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Off topic: I dont like the new Icon, But I hate that type of art. I wish they had got some decent artists for the Clone Wars cartoons.

15. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Remaining off topic: Thank you, thank you. I love Democracy, but as George W. Bush once said, "A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it." I'll look into that option, because I'm all about making things easier.

16. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    You know what I thought was a good movie idea but dissapointing... Mortal Kombat, I still liked the movie but I think that could have been really good. The whole story behind Mortal Kombat was rather well flushed out for a fighting game of the time.

17. Inaen

Jun 17, 2002
    oh, also the Phantom couldve been so much better too, except for the fact they hired Billy Zane.

Gosh I think Billy Zane has Dolph Lundren disease....

18. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Spiderman 2

19. Inaen

Jun 17, 2002
    No Way!!!!! Are you serious?!?!?!

20. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    check out my non spoiler review in the spidey thread

21. galaxy419

galaxy419 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    Hehe, are we staying away from two movies in particular, about to be a third in May 05?? (I hope not)??

;)

22. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    THOSE MOVIES ARE ALWAYS GOOD NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE ELSE THINKS OR SAYS!

23. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    The Phantom Menace and Attack Of the Clones were great. They were not dissapointing therefore they have no place in this thread you blasphemous , hethen, slacker, infidel, profane, unclean, heretic!

Takes out lightsaber and strikes down the infidel with the wrath of all the hate ever expressed throughout history in both reality and fiction.

And if you didnt like those movies stay out of the theater in may!

24. galaxy419

Jul 1, 2002
    /heal denial Gerson

25. galaxy419

Jul 1, 2002
    /heal denial Axia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.