main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A&A The Official Greg Keyes Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Feb 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWMara

SWMara Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2001
    Yup, it's true! :)

2. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I wonder when we're going to get a title ofr it ?

3. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I can't wait for a title myself. It kind of baffles me that we have a title for all of the other forthcoming books and not this one. I wonder if DelRey is planning something or if this is just an oversight.

I first found this out from someone on the OS a few weeks ago and I was thrilled. I can't wait to read it.

4. Obi_Wans_love_child

Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    Perhaps a title of this book would reveal spoilers about books not yet published, which come before it. Such as the force heretic trilogy.

5. DarthKarde

DarthKarde Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I believe that Keyes himself has said that the title is a sort of spoiler.

6. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Ahhh...

7. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    The title is a spoiler? This sounds interesting!

8. Jedi_StarDust

Jedi_StarDust Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2002
    Spoiler...do I hear? *Jumps* Maybe there finally will be good news for Anakin! :D *crosses fingers for luck* I hope!

*StarDust*

9. ANAKINSOLO18

ANAKINSOLO18 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    I agree with jedi_stardust may be just may be Anakin will make his trumphent return I to have my fingers crossed on this one plus who better to write his return then the man who knows Anakin best Greg Keyes just my opinion

10. JediJimmy

JediJimmy Jedi Youngling

Aug 21, 2002
    AS18 I agree Keyes did the A-man the best and should be the one to bring him back. I must say that w/ his body all ashen it seems pretty unlikely at this point, unless like Callista he has no [light side] force powers and wopuldn't vergere have a feild day w/ that!

11. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    I should point out that Keyes also gave a face to teh Shamed Ones and created Heretic Shaper Nen Yim, so prehaps his novel will have more of a focus on one of those elements, as opposed to 'NJO: 18: The Search For Anakin'

And i really enjoyed Conquest and Rebirth. Rebirths multi-not-quite-connected-plots I thought were quite cool.

12. DarthKarde

Jun 28, 2002
    I should point out that Keyes also gave a face to teh Shamed Ones and created Heretic Shaper Nen Yim, so prehaps his novel will have more of a focus on one of those elements, as opposed to 'NJO: 18: The Search For Anakin'

Why can't it cover both. There are already links between Anakin and the Shamed Ones, and Tahiri and The Shapers.

And i really enjoyed Conquest and Rebirth. Rebirths multi-not-quite-connected-plots I thought were quite cool.

A lot of novels that have unconnecting plots don't quite work out (BFC trilogy springs to mind) but Rebirth did it very well.

13. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
  14. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I think we all probably have our own ideas of what NJO#ubo (unidentified brilliant object) will be, I'm kinda hoping on Anakin... ;)

(As well anyone may guess LOL!)

15. CeeWulf

CeeWulf Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Okay, the title's been released - "The Final Prophecy" - so where do we go from here?

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    ANAKIN!

It had to be said.

Greg -- if you're out there -- help us Obi-Greg Keyes-obi, you're our only hope!

17. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    It's true that Anakin Solo's character needs proper resolution from where it is currently at - namely a disappearance of a character under the most unique and mysterious causes.

I don't think it is an understatement to say that Greg Keyes will be under tremendous pressure from SW fans to get this right.

Probably as much as Bob Salvatore was under to get Chewie's death portrayed as well as he portrayed it.

Probably as much as Troy Denning was under to get Anakin Solo's (temporary?) removal portrayed as well as he portrayed it.

I have to hope that this is the story that Anakin Solo fans have been waiting for since his introduction in Dark Empire #5 some eleven years ago. All of the Jedi prophecies about him. All of the characterizations about him being a true Jedi.

He's heard the call of the hero. He's been sent to the abyss. Here's to hoping he has come out of the ordeal a better man, a better hero, and a better Jedi.

Hopefully it all leads to giving us a glimpse of the "final prophecy" that points to Anakin and Tahiri's long future together.

And Greg Keyes is the one more than able to pull it all together. I find the title to be full of possibilities at this point.

18. DarthKarde

Jun 28, 2002
    It's a magnificent title. Hope has been restored to Anakin fans.

19. stecm

stecm Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2002
    Damn Anakin, he better stay dead. I mean what is he supposed to be, Mustafa from Austin Powers? or the Black Night from Monty Python?

20. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    I've got a question for Greg Keyes, do you or LFL have any plans to release Emissary of the Void parts 1 through 6 together in Paperback?that would a great addition to the NJO if they were all released in book form like that.

And the title of the Star Wars NJO PaperBack 18 is:The Final Propechy.

21. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Mateo, I agree with you. I think it'd be great to have the entire EotV added to the end of The Final Prophecy, the way they attached Saboteur to the back of Shadow Hunter and Recovery to the back of either Balance Point or Star by Star.

22. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    That would be cool, to have EOTV in novel format, as opposed to Inseder and Gamer mags.

Greg Keyes is one of my favorite new NJO authors, and I really enjoyed Conquest, Rebirth, and Emmisary of the Void.

23. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    I don't for an instance believe young Solo is resurrecting back, simply because in the second last NJO book the impacts would be poisonous to everything.

He was cremated. Many say you never saw the body in the bag. But what did Jaina drag back from Myrkr? Recall in Dark Journey, several young Jedi gazed at him as he lay in state, ruffling his hair, or crying on him. Further more, how could no one, his unkle or parents, not see the body at all on Hapes? Of course they did; Han old buddy didn't last see his son on Eclipse in SBS.

More importantly---what will readers think when Anakin returns, somehow saves the overall day, and steals the thunder from all his siblings and friends and freedom fighters who've been working hard since his passing? And how is his return going to be doen without looking corny or unexplainable?

Feed me garlic and call me stinky if he comes back to life, but I won't disparage anyone who still believes otherwise. I respect opinions and thoughts.

24. Tahiri-Solo

Tahiri-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    his return doesnt mean he has to be the one to save the day.He can contribute to the overall victory, but his coming back doesnt mean he is going to be the one to save the day.

25. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    That's true. But than again, why bring back a major character if that name will just be a filler, a background person not vital to a plot?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.